Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

8/13 - GAME DAY THREAD

Just now, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Boyd has given up 5 homers to the Mariners in this game. Absolutely pathetic. 

Detroit should have traded him at the deadline. He's a nice pitcher, but no one you should be over-valuing especially when you are in a rebuild. 

Josh Reddick continues to fade, average slipping and almost no power from a corner outfielder. Kyle Tucker likely takes over for him next year. 

32 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

Will Smith with his 2nd of the night!

Does it get discounted bc it was off of Chen? 

Just now, Trexpenniebaker said:

Where in the hell is G Cole? Is he supposed to be pitching game 2

Did warmups and went to club house, something to do with his leg. 

3 minutes ago, Trexpenniebaker said:

Where in the hell is G Cole? Is he supposed to be pitching game 2

Unbelievable. Well, believable. 

I cannot buy a two start week from my pitchers!!

39 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Think I'm going pitching heavy next year..with this juiced ball there are so many hitters that came out of nowhere to produce.  Pitching not so much, the aces are still aces, but the secondary guys just get killed on bad nights.

This worked well for Sale owners.

10 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

Josh Reddick continues to fade, average slipping and almost no power from a corner outfielder. Kyle Tucker likely takes over for him next year. 

Was wondering why he's still starting over him this year, but checked and he's still owed 13 million next season so I'm assuming that's why. Have to think Tucker is up and playing most days in September though. 

2 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

This worked well for Sale owners.

What am I missing on Sale?  He's 3rd in the league in K's, a 1.09 WHIP, he hasn't been THAT bad.  Definately something you can work with..he's still top 10 in an AL only league for starting pitchers.

2 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

What am I missing on Sale?  He's 3rd in the league in K's, a 1.09 WHIP, he hasn't been THAT bad.  Definately something you can work with..he's still top 10 in an AL only league for starting pitchers.

If you're in a roto he's been a mild bust but you can deal with it. In H2H he wrecked you long ago.

League starting to figure Mercado out? Under .150 over the last 2 weeks.

3 minutes ago, KCTD25 said:

Was wondering why he's still starting over him this year, but checked and he's still owed 13 million next season so I'm assuming that's why. Have to think Tucker is up and playing most days in September though. 

Reddick is still a solid defender, but a RF with no speed and on a pace for 13 homers isn't going to cut it. I have a feeling this is why Houston didn't move Tucker at the deadline. Reddick had an excellent first half, but has faded badly. 

Figures Quintana turns into Randy Johnson the week I go against him 

Charlie Manuel will help both Hoskins and Harper. He knows hitting. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Or you could have ended up with Stanton, Judge, Altuve, Benintindi, Correa, Goldschmidt, Trea Turner.  

You're much better off with those bats right now than the pitchers I listed. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

Does it get discounted bc it was off of Chen? 

It still shows as him hitting 2 HRs for me, so I'm going with no. 😀

Not that any of us should have pitched him tonight anyways, but Gallen was handed a big lead, but it looks like he might struggle to get through the 5th to try to get a Win.  If they even send him out for it with him being at 90 pitches and obviously struggling.  About the only positive of this is it's not the walks that's doing him in.  He's just getting hit to death.

Edited by KilloWertz

4 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

Thought McKay was supposed to be a good pitcher.  

Same here.  I don't even care about his next start likely being an easy one.  He hasn't been any good for a while now.  Cya, but damn, you didn't have to destroy our ratios for a while tonight.  The Padres aren't a powerhouse, especially against LHP.  Damn...

Edited by KilloWertz