Sign in to follow this  
DarinB300

#7 pick....whir

Recommended Posts

10 team, ppr, redraft: qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, te, flex (w/r/t), def, k.  Have #7 pick, snake draft.

I always go into a draft with an open mind, but definitely like to hear the different strategies you peeps may consider. Makes it fun!!

#1: WR/WR & possibly get 2 of: Nuk, OBJ, Julio, K Allen, D Adams. JuJu probably goes #9 or #11(2.2), since guy is a PIT fan.😁

#2: Top WR, then RB - who ya got??

#3: RB/RB - Are we high enough on guys like DJ, Bell, & Gurley, to bypass studs like Nuk, Julio, OBJ?

Looking forward to hearing different strategies & views, especially since the league goes with 3 WR!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Hopkins or Adams is there in round one, I would grab one of them and then target Hill, OBJ, Thomas, or Juju in round two. At least one of those guys should be there when it comes back to you. There are plenty of mid-round RBs that I think are serviceable this year if you build around a pair of stud WRs. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Mixon 

you like the combo of Nuk/Mixon? I think Mixon will put up #'s & get a good number of targets too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

you like the combo of Nuk/Mixon? I think Mixon will put up #'s & get a good number of targets too.

 

I meant at 7. I dont think Nuk will be there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given it's PPR, if you can come away with Adams-Hopkins at 7, and a Thomas-OBJ type on the way around, think you've made a flying start to your draft. I suspect Julio will go between your picks. 

I've got Adams WR1 my board over Hopkins for what it's worth. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because it's PPR and you can start up to four WR, I'd likely go WR/WR.  Then I'd almost certainly go RB in the third.

Return the favor?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 3:51 PM, dmb3684 said:

 

I meant at 7. I dont think Nuk will be there.

You're that high on Mixon this year? I understand Taylor should help, but that could be a really bad team. I'm curious because I have the 10/11 pick. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the 7th pick as well in my 10 team .5 PPR league. I'm going to try and grab Hopkins/Adams in the first round, and target a RB like Chubb or Cook in the second. I want at least one solid RB, but then depending on how things look I wouldn't be opposed to going WR heavy in rounds 3/4 and target a combo like Thielen/Cooks there.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with grabbing a top wr especially if you start 3.  The best rb's on the board when you pick at 7 will be James Conner and LeVeon Bell assuming that Ezekiel Elliott is picked, both of whom have questions and I'm not that confident in this year.  I think that as long as Elliott continue to hold out though, #7 could very well be the worst spot to pick from.  The top 6 picks will likely be some combination of Saquon, Kamara, McCaffrey, David Johnson, Hopkins and Adams then you'll have a very tough decision to make at #7 hoping that Zeke ends his holdout.  As stated, I would probably go wr.

Edited by sjm76
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I agree with grabbing a top wr especially if you start 3.  The best rb's on the board when you pick at 7 will be James Conner and LeVeon Bell assuming that Ezekiel Elliott is picked, both of whom have questions and I'm not that confident in this year.  I think that as long as Elliott continue to hold out though, #7 could very well be the worst spot to pick from.  The top 6 picks will likely be some combination of Saquon, Kamara, McCaffrey, David Johnson, Hopkins and Adams then you'll have a very tough decision to make at #7 hoping that Zeke ends his holdout.  As stated, I would probably go wr.

Would you grab Zeke, if he is there at 7? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 10:07 PM, DarinB300 said:

#1: WR/WR & possibly get 2 of: Nuk, OBJ, Julio, K Allen, D Adams. JuJu probably goes #9 or #11(2.2), since guy is a PIT fan.😁

#2: Top WR, then RB - who ya got??

#3: RB/RB - Are we high enough on guys like DJ, Bell, & Gurley, to bypass studs like Nuk, Julio, OBJ?

All three make total sense. I don't see if you play Standard or PPR; in standard the values of RBs are a bit higher, so that makes WR/WR slightly less interesting, but in the end the main thing is to grab value and anyone that has been dropped due to other people reaching. As soon as someone reaches, this opens opportunities.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jwk1325 said:

You're that high on Mixon this year? I understand Taylor should help, but that could be a really bad team. I'm curious because I have the 10/11 pick. 

 

Yes. Would certainly take him over Gurley, who was mentioned previously. 

 

I like DJ more but think he will be gone.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DarinB300 said:

Would you grab Zeke, if he is there at 7? 

I think I would, if he falls to me at 7 in my league I'm going to take him, assuming the 6 players drafted before that are Saquon, CMC, Kamara, DJ, Hopkins, and Adams. I want any of those guys but if Zeke ends his holdout then getting him at 7 would be a dream come true.

Edited by GoPackGo23
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

All three make total sense. I don't see if you play Standard or PPR; in standard the values of RBs are a bit higher, so that makes WR/WR slightly less interesting, but in the end the main thing is to grab value and anyone that has been dropped due to other people reaching. As soon as someone reaches, this opens opportunities.

Ppr. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.