Sign in to follow this  
olivermookie

Trade Help: Lockett or Woods WHIR

I am offering Jimmy Garoppolo ($12) and Dante Pettis ($6) for either Robert Woods ($16, 179.6 FP last year) or Tyler Lockett ($23, 190.8 FP last year). Who would you go after more? Our 20 team league gives points for return yards. (keeper prices listed) WHIR

5 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Lockett

1 minute ago, Rush2112 said:

Woods for sure 

Can you guys debate this haha. Why did you make those choices? I am in the middle myself. Thanks for the help.

Edited by olivermookie

9 minutes ago, olivermookie said:

Can you guys debate this haha. Why did you make those choices? I am in the middle myself. Thanks for the help.

You must be new here.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, olivermookie said:

Please let me know what I am missing?

Debating Rush is not an option.

• Haha 2

Just now, dmb3684 said:

Debating Rush is not an option.

The hell are you talking about? Yea I must be new didn't see the sign where you can't ask for more information in a response. Ill go with Woods.

I'd probably go Lockett. I think Woods drops off a little with the return of Kupp. Lockett is the guy in Seattle now.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Probably Lockett just based on your settings of return yards. However, woods keeper value is  lot better

Agreed.  Generally, I like Woods more.  But the return yardage may tip the scales here.

Return the favor?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, olivermookie said:

The hell are you talking about? Yea I must be new didn't see the sign where you can't ask for more information in a response. Ill go with Woods.

He isnt bashing you. It's just Rush has different opinions & you probably not get a response back from sir Rush!!. 😂😂

I like Woods, but if Lockett gets you more points overall with return yds/td, then that is a solid pick up too. Thanks for mine and good luck!!

• Haha 1

Id go with Lockett too. Especially with return yards counting.

Edited by bhawks489
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, olivermookie said:

Our 20 team league gives points for return yards. (keeper prices listed) WHIR

Lockett then, obviously. I do think Woods is up for a big year though, so it's not that obvious, but in a return league Lockett is one of the top WRs.

• Thanks 1

I’d rather have Woods. IMO Lockett is way over hyped, I don’t think he’s doing to even see a lot of targets. I buy into the David Moore hype, they drafted  Metcalf and they are going to Run Run Run. Give me Woods on one of the best offenses in the league. Plus Kupp is just coming back from ACL, Give me Woods 

• Thanks 1

I like woods better.  Lockett could have value with return yards, but I think his price is inflated right now.

help?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, djfo77 said:

I'd probably go Lockett. I think Woods drops off a little with the return of Kupp. Lockett is the guy in Seattle now.

except that woods had his best games when kupp was healthy and playing.

both woods and lockett will be mid WR2 with some top games, i guess the return yardage gives a slight edge to lockett.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, warpster said:

except that woods had his best games when kupp was healthy and playing.

both woods and lockett will be mid WR2 with some top games, i guess the return yardage gives a slight edge to lockett.

He had his best games in that time span, but he also averaged more points per game and targets per game after Kupps injury.  In weeks 1-10, Woods averaged 16.9 points per game (ppr) and 7.9 targets per game.  In weeks 11-16 (I excluded week 17 b/c his snap count was way down) he averaged 18.78 points per game (ppr) and 9.6 targets per game.  So we did see an increase in volume and fantasy points with Kupp out of the lineup.

Edited by djfo77
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, djfo77 said:

He had his best games in that time span, but he also averaged more points per game and targets per game after Kupps injury.  In weeks 1-10, Woods averaged 16.9 points per game (ppr) and 7.9 targets per game.  In weeks 11-16 (I excluded week 17 b/c his snap count was way down) he averaged 18.78 points per game (ppr) and 9.6 targets per game.  So we did see an increase in volume and fantasy points with Kupp out of the lineup.

woods did play 70% snaps in week 17, but i'm ok not considering it.

however, kupp did not play week 7 and 8. factor in that and i think you'll see woods averaged more points per game with kupp than without him.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, warpster said:

woods did play 70% snaps in week 17, but i'm ok not considering it.

however, kupp did not play week 7 and 8. factor in that and i think you'll see woods averaged more points per game with kupp than without him.

Ah, I missed that thanks.  It also looks like Kupp barely played in weeks 5 and 6 (55% and 38% snaps), as well.  So it's getting tough to compare, but after looking at, the numbers, it doesn't look like there is much of a difference.  I compared numbers by including and excluding weeks 5 and 6, and they all show a similar trend.  His target share increase by about 1 per game, but his points per game dropped by about 2 per game when Kupp is off the field.  So his average points per target seem to be a little higher with Kupp on the field which is interesting.  Maybe more opportunity for downfield plays with Kupp in there.  IDK

Edited by djfo77
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, djfo77 said:

Ah, I missed that thanks.  It also looks like Kupp barely played in weeks 5 and 6 (55% and 38% snaps), as well.  So it's getting tough to compare, but after looking at, the numbers, it doesn't look like there is much of a difference.  I compared numbers by including and excluding weeks 5 and 6, and they all show a similar trend.  His target share increase by about 1 per game, but his points per game dropped by about 2 per game when Kupp is off the field.  So his average points per target seem to be a little higher with Kupp on the field which is interesting.  Maybe more opportunity for downfield plays with Kupp in there.  IDK

yep. the point is, woods production will not change much because of kupp, so "woods value drops because of kupp" is not backed up by any data.

• Thanks 1