Sign in to follow this  
UcanTry

Deep League Sleepers in Dynasty

Ty Johnson is my guy, but he's been mentioned. 

Dontrell Hilliard. The Duke Johnson replacement in Cleveland. 

Darius Slayton. He had a bad hammy, but he's healthy now. Tons of opportunity in front of him with the NYG WR situation. 

In Superflex leagues, Finley and Minshew should be owned. 

Allen Lazard has shown well in the Packers first two preseason games. 6'5, 4.55 40 at the combine last year, stud in college. Someone to monitor.  

QB: Nick Mullens

RB: Alex Barnes, Dexter Williams, Devine Ozigbo, Brian Hill, Myles Gaskin (though some of these guys have had some hype built around them so who knows if they are available)

WR: Miles Boykin, DJ Chark, David Moore, DaMarkus Lodge, Byron Pringle

TE: Dawson Knox

• Like 1

Lots of these guys will be passed over before ever get chance...

1 hour ago, dorsett33 said:

Keep an eye on WR Greg Dortch with the Jets and WR Lil Jordan Humphrey with the Saints

Emmanuel Butler has ran circles around Lil jordan from all reports... 6 foot 4 220 4.5ish wheels...and lighting camp up all off season...

2 hours ago, hard1 said:

Emmanuel Butler has ran circles around Lil jordan from all reports... 6 foot 4 220 4.5ish wheels...and lighting camp up all off season...

He was on my watch list and I was hoping to see something from him today, preseason week 2, not sure if he didn’t play or not but no numbers 

20 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

He was on my watch list and I was hoping to see something from him today, preseason week 2, not sure if he didn’t play or not but no numbers 

He was supposed to be good to go but I can't find if he even played either...

On 8/16/2019 at 7:42 AM, Bronco Billy said:

Here’s another guy almost certain to be on your WW unless you’re in a 32 team league:

Dare Ogunbowale, RB, TB

The kid has enough size and athletic ability to play as a role player at 5’-11” and 205 lbs. He’s not going to be a league winner for you barring some seriously unusual circumstances, but he may add some solid depth to your RB corps and could possibly flirt with RB2 status if things in TB go the way it looks like early on.  Jack of all trades, master of none, this kid was a very solid RB2 in his career at the WIS RB factory.  Picked up as an UDFA by HOU last year and then sent packing after the season (I guess because their RB depth chart was so loaded...), he has made a very nice showing so far as a CoP RB to Barber while RoJo has once again been stepping on his johnson.  The kid is solid in all aspects of the game and can play, but is one of those guys who always looks a little less shiny next to other RBs.  With the RB depth chart in TB being razor thin and the management refusing to give up on RoJo while using JAG Barber as their lead, there is some serious potential opportunity here.  Arians brought in Ellington to bolster the RBs as a possible CoP, but so far Ogunbowale has been running circles around him.  If - if - he sticks and knowing that TB is likely to be in throwing situations a ton this year, he is a dark horse that you ought to be aware of.

BTW - pronounced DAR-eh o-GOON-bo-wall-eh 

All that appears to stand between Ogunbowale and FF relevance is RoJo crapping out again and/or Barber getting banged up.

Dare Ogunbowale received first-team reps and "seems solidly entrenched" as the Bucs No. 3 running back, according to The Athletic's Greg Auman.

Ogunbowale was given extra work at practice with Ronald Jones (sore knee) limited, and there's a chance Ogunbowale gets regular season work if he shows well in the third preseason game. The Bucs have been happy with their running back depth -- that includes Andre Ellington -- but we haven't seen a single back emerge as the clear-cut RB1. Peyton Barber has been playing the most snaps with the first-team during the preseason.

Edited by Bronco Billy

On 8/15/2019 at 8:56 PM, Bronco Billy said:

Love this kind of stuff.  You want deep?  Here’s deep, both currently with Green Bay

Darrius Shepherd, rookie UDFA WR. With a roster loaded with tall athletic WRs, this guy is an unathletic slot WR out of North Dakota St.  5’-11” 186 lbs and his analytic scores are downright atrocious.  So why is he here?  This guy was PFF’s 2nd ranked WR in the 2019 draft behind only Isabella.  He lead the nation in yards per snap out of the slot.  More importantly, he has shined big time in camp and regularly beats the top DBs to the point where he’s gotten first team work.  All he does it get open - all the time.  Route running is pristine and his cuts are very sudden.  This kid is just a flat out football player.  He gets it.  Rodgers absolutely raves about him.  Plus he returns punts.  He’s probably at least a year away if he makes it at all, but given the reports to date he ought to be someone that you have on a watch list, because he’s really the only natural slot receiver on a roster loaded with young athletic outside WRs.

The other one is TE Bobby Tonyan, and he also has been getting a ton of positive reviews.  This is a serious break out candidate that has much shorter odds than Shepherd of being an impact guy.  He was picked up as a 6’-5” 230 lb UDFA WR that GB  picked up with the intent of making him a TE.  He actually made the roster last year.  Also unlike Shepherd, this guy is a great athlete but had to add weight and learn how to play TE.  So he spent the offseason working out with and learning from Kittle and added 20 lbs of muscle.  So far this year in camp he’s been making numerous highlight reel catches while playing a move TE.  Like Shepherd, Rodgers can’t stop gushing about him and has him pegged as a future star, maybe as early as this year.  He’s easily GB’s most athletic TE and a great receiver at the spot, but he’s also turned himself into the 2nd best blocking TE behind Marcedes Lewis.  If you had any thoughts about Sternberger as a flyer - including in dynasty - then you ought to forget about Sternberger and add Tonyan instead.  Tonyan is a better athlete and receiver than Sternberger and blocks a whole lot better.  This kid could very well lead GB TEs in receiving this year, and has become a favorite target for Rodgers.  He could have a Shannon Sharpe kind of career trajectory, who also was a converted WR.

Both these guys are worth doing some research on, being on a roster that has a lot of unanswered questions at receiver beyond Adams and has Rodgers throwing the ball.  Especially since both guys have caught Rodgers’ eye and trust and have worked their way into first teams reps.

We don't talk about tonyan!!!

18 minutes ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

We don't talk about tonyan!!!

Jimmy Graham must be hurt worse than first let on. GB just signed Roberts.  There might be a significant opening sooner rather than later.

• Thanks 1

On 8/15/2019 at 10:43 AM, bhawks489 said:

I like ...... Jordan Thomas (HOU-TE)

Tell me more.  Found a highlight play of him catching that TD.  Dude looks like his wingspan is that of an albatross....I see the Texans utilizing the TE a ton if possible...and....*drum roll*....this kid is the TE1 right now.  

On 8/16/2019 at 5:14 AM, UcanTry said:

Didn’t ask pass catching option i asked WR. I want know just Incase something was to happen to Evans or Godwin.

Justin Watson