Trench Mob

JaVale McGee 2019-2020 Outlook

people seem to have forgotten that McGee just isn't a very good basketball player.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rotojoe said:

people seem to have forgotten that McGee just isn't a very good basketball player.

he actually is

its all about opportunity with him

his per-36 numbers have always been great 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

he actually is

its all about opportunity with him

his per-36 numbers have always been great 

Last year was his only good season. Before that he was just a running circus.

17 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Last year was his only good season. Before that he was just a running circus.

last year he simply had more opportunity.. his per-36 numbers were always the same give or take throughout his career 

Wait, I take that back @COBBLEPOT. He was a key cog on the Warriors. But he's nothing more than a serviceable journeyman IMO.

5 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Wait, I take that back @COBBLEPOT. He was a key cog on the Warriors. But he's nothing more than a serviceable journeyman IMO.

he was also a walking double double back in his early denver days

the shaqtin a fool bs just gave him a bad wrap .. he was never a bad player. 

He’s bounced around and averaged 17 minutes a game in his career for a reason. He had the chance years ago on the Wizards to be a starter with good minutes and blew that. He’s best used in smaller role and or off the bench energy type. 

Edited by HK-47

3 minutes ago, HK-47 said:

He’s bounced around and averaged 17 minutes a game in his career for a reason. He had the chance years ago on the Wizards to be a starter and blew that. He’s best used in smaller role and or off the bench energy type. 

yes .. he’s a good role player. nothing more, nothing less. 

• Like 1

not sure how to feel about this. He is currently sitting in waiver in my league. Dwight wont be able to stay healthy in long term. 

I believe Mcgee should be able to bounce back. Wondering if I should pick him up. 

I think the Lakers will realize sooner than later they are best when AD plays center. McGee and Dwight are really just clogging up the spacing because they can't hit threes. And with Kuzma coming back it should only get worse because he can floor space for AD.

• Like 1

Give him some more time I think hes having trouble being paired with AD. Rondo coming back may help them both quite a bit. Too early to drop, give him a couple weeks. 

16 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

So today is the day i decide wether to drop or keep this man.

I just pulled the plug. Far too many guys on the wire who are producing. It's just gonna be hard to predict when he barely plays and when he gets his run. I understand keeping for sure. I just am pretty strong anyway in blocks in the 2 spots I had him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KingDURANTULA said:

Showing signs of life

As soon as you posted this he waa sent to the bench.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Line looked better than it actually was, at least one of his baskets was a put back dunk on a broken play that should have been whistled for a foul. Dwight is anchoring the defense better than Javale and I don't see any benefit Javale offers over Dwight on the offensive end either. He also didnt get any minutes in garbage time, so it looks like he will be lucky to get 20 MPG. 

I honestly think AD, Howard or both will be dealing with injury at some point this season. 

Lakers went on a 29-2 run when Howard came in after McGee flagrant foul on Valanciunas. Dwight finished with a much better plus minus rating. An injury is javale only hope at relevancy.