Sign in to follow this  
olivermookie

Jake Kumerow 2019 Outlook

Leading the Packers in yardage in the preseason. Obvious sleeper potential starting from the end of last year. I hear Rogers has a hard on for him. Anyone excited about the potential here?

52 minutes ago, olivermookie said:

Leading the Packers in yardage in the preseason. Obvious sleeper potential starting from the end of last year. I hear Rogers has a hard on for him. Anyone excited about the potential here?

"Obviously 16", as Rodgers called him last year (before he got injured). "yardage in the preseason" is of course something like "world famous in Sh!tville, Idaho". It's great for your mom and your girlfriend, but it doesn't mean a lot, especially in a game where Tim Boyle is throwing the bal and Darrin Hall is the lead rusher (I had to look up both of those guys). 

I like the guy too, but I ain't investing much. He had good reviews last season too, and then didn't exactly set the world on fire when he came back from his injury. Just another one of those darts you can throw in the 13th round, not a guy to get super excited about.

4 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

"Obviously 16", as Rodgers called him last year (before he got injured). "yardage in the preseason" is of course something like "world famous in Sh!tville, Idaho". It's great for your mom and your girlfriend, but it doesn't mean a lot, especially in a game where Tim Boyle is throwing the bal and Darrin Hall is the lead rusher (I had to look up both of those guys). 

I like the guy too, but I ain't investing much. He had good reviews last season too, and then didn't exactly set the world on fire when he came back from his injury. Just another one of those darts you can throw in the 13th round, not a guy to get super excited about.

Yea joking about the preseason stats especially given it’s only week two of them. I’m thinking his beautiful hair is reason enough to take a shot.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sivaro said:

He was named one of the Two Standouts in camp along with MVS.

Worth a dart throw?

Not right now.  Kumerow definitely has talent but he isn't going to see many targets yet unless something happens to one of the top 3 wr's (Adams, Allison and MVS).  Wouldn't add him yet unless you have very deep 8+ man benches.

Edited by sjm76
  • Like 2

He is absolutely worth a late dart throw in deeper formats. Guy can ball, and it is a wide-open depth chart behind Adams.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am considering taking a flier. Allison is JAG and MVS stinks. There is absolutely an opening behind Adams but it is an uphill climb still. Coaches don't like new guys jumping vets unless they can really produce

Edited by mocha4313
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

I am considering taking a flier. Allison is JAG and MVS stinks. There is absolutely an opening behind Adams but it is an uphill climb still. Coaches don't like new guys jumping vets unless they can really produce

Easy there, chief. You're offending some fantasy players that own those guys. MVS put up WR6 numbers last year. Allison was a WR9.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Easy there, chief. You're offending some fantasy players that own those guys. MVS put up WR6 numbers last year. Allison was a WR9.

Fair enough. "Sucks" was probably harsh but I cannot see him ever being a complete enough WR to be a comfortable start in fantasy-just a boom or bust deep league guy who will occasionally haul in an 80 Yd Td before going back to doing nothing for a few weeks. As for Kumerow, he has balled out preseason but I am not sure the ceiling is that high for him either. Just don't think the Packers offense and 2019 Aaron Rodgers can support (for fantasy purposes) any more than Adams and Aaron Jones. But still in some deeper leagues any guy who can possibly be a starting WR gets picked up and if you have a spot there are worse options than this guy considering he is basically free.

Edited by mocha4313
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

Coaches put new guys in all the time.

There is no reason we could not see it happen here.    At least, there should not be any reason.

Any injury to a WR on Green Bay, I'm thinking Kumerow  becomes a "must add."

• Like 3

Got this guy marinating on the bench. By week 3 he is gonna be a huge waiver wire commodity.

People remember the good old days when Rodgers supported 2 fantasy relevant WRs? Kumerow is bringing that back

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Got this guy marinating on the bench. By week 3 he is gonna be a huge waiver wire commodity.

People remember the good old days when Rodgers supported 2 fantasy relevant WRs? Kumerow is bringing that back

You are not wrong man. He is my absolute pick to ascend up to the #2 receiving target in short order. His route chops are impressive, good speed and soft hands.

Also it does not hurt that Rodgers seems to really like him. I have a great feeling here.

• Like 1

He was the pre season darling last year, his season was derailed by an injury.   He has skill and I remember thinking he was going to be good in this offense.  But I think he needs an injury to be relevant

2 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

You are not wrong man. He is my absolute pick to ascend up to the #2 receiving target in short order. His route chops are impressive, good speed and soft hands.

Also it does not hurt that Rodgers seems to really like him. I have a great feeling here.

Yep, he catches absolutely everything in practice. So says the reporters who get to see. Was ready to pop last year before injury.  Now a year later he is doing the same stuff and healthy and no other receiver has stepped up. So t take long for Rodgers to look for him more often than not and he has a knack for making big plays with Adams drawing so much attention. I hope he pops off this year.

• Like 2

It'll be very interesting to watch the snap counts tonight, we'll see who Rodgers turns to when he needs a play made and Adams is totally covered up.

Kumerow is definitely a guy that I'm keeping an eye on.  He has a great attitude by all accounts, Rodgers seems to love him and he's only an injury away from gaining relevance in 3 wr sets for the Packers.  

Geronimo Allison and MVS would be the starters.

The real question is why Kumerow has not seen the field  ( he is nursing a shoulder injury).    They should at least see what he has with Adams being out for a few weeks.    I have seen stranger things happen.

Edited by Sivaro

Don't the Packers run a lot of 3 WR sets?  If so, it seems like Jake would be a good pickup with Adams out.