Gorgeous George

Marvin Bagley III 2019-2020 Outlook

Im on the Bagley train! Just moved Bam for him..  do we know what Bagley's ranking in 9-cat was second half of last year?  Top 50?

Im excited to be an owner.. i think there are some monster lines on the horizon.

1 hour ago, MNDOGG said:

Im on the Bagley train! Just moved Bam for him..  do we know what Bagley's ranking in 9-cat was second half of last year?  Top 50?

Im excited to be an owner.. i think there are some monster lines on the horizon.

Hate to tell you.. but he finished player rank #147 last season. I’m excited to get him back soon as well though lol 

Just now, Bringthesonicsback said:

Hate to tell you.. but he finished player rank #147 last season. I’m excited to get him back soon as well though lol 

second half of the year??  Post ASB  when he averaged :

0.8 treys, 48% FG, 70% FT, 18.5 PPG, 9.2 RBS, 1.1 Asts, 0.5 stl, 0.9 blks, 1.5 TOS?

That was 147th??

22 minutes ago, MNDOGG said:

second half of the year??  Post ASB  when he averaged :

0.8 treys, 48% FG, 70% FT, 18.5 PPG, 9.2 RBS, 1.1 Asts, 0.5 stl, 0.9 blks, 1.5 TOS?

That was 147th??

Post ASB that ranked him 110th because of the FT%, assists and steals.   But I wouldn't worry about it... he has some solid upside. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

He was ranked #73 on averages last season. He only played 62 games last season as well so the total rank doesn't tell the whole story. 

18 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

He was ranked #73 on averages last season. He only played 62 games last season as well so the total rank doesn't tell the whole story. 

Idk where you’re getting that number but he was definitely #147 per game value. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MNDOGG said:

You gave Bam for Bagley? You did really bad.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, MNDOGG said:

You got robbed fam. Take the L

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Basketboss21 said:

I love how people ( in my league as well) can somehow deduce Bagleys value when he has played one game this year.. let alone he is coming into his second NBA season and was the #2 overall pick in his draft out of Duke( pedigree fam) .. because , you know, players never get significantly better in their second years..especially stars .... you are all right.Bagley is what he is already and there is zero upside to his numbers from last year. And yes he was ranked 73 in yahoo based off of his averages last year..so no “fam”..I’m not “taking the L” and we can revisit this post in a few months 👍🏻

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Basketboss21 said:

lmfao

59 minutes ago, MNDOGG said:

I love how people ( in my league as well) can somehow deduce Bagleys value when he has played one game this year.. let alone he is coming into his second NBA season and was the #2 overall pick in his draft out of Duke( pedigree fam) .. because , you know, players never get significantly better in their second years..especially stars .... you are all right.Bagley is what he is already and there is zero upside to his numbers from last year. And yes he was ranked 73 in yahoo based off of his averages last year..so no “fam”..I’m not “taking the L” and we can revisit this post in a few months 👍🏻

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry

1 hour ago, MNDOGG said:

Yeah ok, but Bam?

1 hour ago, MNDOGG said:

Nobody said that he wouldn’t get better than last year, I doubt he wouldn’t settle on 19-10-1-0.7-1.2 a month from now. and still I’d take Bam 14-10-4-1.4-1.2 all day.

Bam is ranked like top 60 this year? Bagley's floor will likely be around 75, and if he puts up the # he posted after allstar break last year, might even head towards top 50-40. I don't think that trade was as bad as people are making out to be, especially if the guy believes in MB3's upside.

Edited by hl782
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Nishinga said:

Nobody said that he wouldn’t get better than last year, I doubt he wouldn’t settle on 19-10-1-0.7-1.2 a month from now. and still I’d take Bam 14-10-4-1.4-1.2 all day.

You play in a 5 cat league apparently...I play in a 9 cat league that also includes fG , ft, treys, and TOS..👍🏻

1 hour ago, MNDOGG said:

You play in a 5 cat league apparently...I play in a 9 cat league that also includes fG , ft, treys, and TOS..👍🏻

FT is same, FG is Bam, TO is Bagley by a bit, and Treys... Bagley may hit 0.7 to 1 a game. I still prefer Bam, all the more so Bagley is just back after missing the last 6 weeks.

For the avoidance of doubt, I own Bagley (not Bam).

Edited by Nishinga