Sign in to follow this  
wendellrott

Alex Erickson 2019 Outlook

Here's a deep WR sleeper, especially in return leagues

with Green out for who knows how long, AE will see playing time

Ross is looking like a bust and so far nobody else has established themselves

The Bengals have issues at receiver with A.J. Green set to miss the at least the first week of the regular season, and John Ross hasn’t practiced yet this training camp. Meanwhile, Alex Erickson has quietly gone from sitting on the roster bubble to a lock.

He has also been able to impress coaches as he has commonly been the first receiver behind Tyler Boyd to take snaps in the slot.

75 yard punt return last night

5 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

Here's a deep WR sleeper, especially in return leagues

with Green out for who knows how long, AE will see playing time

Ross is looking like a bust and so far nobody else has established themselves

The Bengals have issues at receiver with A.J. Green set to miss the at least the first week of the regular season, and John Ross hasn’t practiced yet this training camp. Meanwhile, Alex Erickson has quietly gone from sitting on the roster bubble to a lock.

He has also been able to impress coaches as he has commonly been the first receiver behind Tyler Boyd to take snaps in the slot.

for punt and kick return leagues, erickson has potential,

but with AJG out, in deep leagues, i like auden tate.

i wouldn't suggest auden tate has "established" himself, not yet, but the former seminole is like chris godwin light:

his hands are exceptional.

outside of return yardage leagues, i do not see erickson bypassing tate's value... i only wish he was tethered to a better QB.

On 8/16/2019 at 6:32 PM, wendellrott said:

I included this kid in my return yard post in June.

He has had 3 1000 yard return seasons, last season even 1200 total - unfortunately he never had more than 200 yards receiving. In my return yard league though, this is a serious sleeper, especially if it turns out he knows how to run routes now.

• Like 1

No talk about Erickson, but he’s had 21 targets the last two weeks, turning them in 14-234-0. The Cincy WE corps is up in the air once AJG returns, but that’s still impressive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/29/2019 at 8:13 PM, handyandy86 said:

Any ideas who sees more snaps between Erickson and Tate when AJG comes back? 

Wondering the same thing.

Green setback... cincy Welker a thing?

Edited by hard1

He's looked great the past two games but the new QB puts a huge question mark on the entire offense unfortunately. 

17 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

He's looked great the past two games but the new QB puts a huge question mark on the entire offense unfortunately. 

Agreed plus no TD upside. Better for PPR but who knows if this guy is even 80% of Dalton...at least Dalton can do some garbage time 

• Like 1

Seems like an after thought now. Sucks because he showed some promise with Dalton. But, I’ll be dropping him this week. 

52 minutes ago, fredo_corleone said:

Is he someone to keep going forward? Didn't do anything this game....

Droppable in all leagues.

11 hours ago, fredo_corleone said:

Is he someone to keep going forward? Didn't do anything this game....

Not unless Dalton comes back.

I'm feeling Erickson as a sleeper this week. Watch the weather report in Miami though. 

Miami is obviously bad, but look at the games they've given up to outside receivers that are 5'11" or taller the last few weeks. 

Robby A 7/117/1, Alshon 9/137/1, OBJ 6/84/1

John Brown and Sterling Shepard had nice games as well. 

Compared to slot receivers (in case you assume Boyd will get all of the action)

Tate 1/51/1 (lucky TD), Crowder 3/29/0, Agholor 3/41/0, Landry 10/148/2 (not gonna pretend this didn't happen although he does lineup outside on 40% of his snaps), Beasley 4/38/0

Erickson's snap percentage has been 80 and 76 since Ross returned while Ross received less snaps in his second week back 51 and 38%. 

I know what you're thinking, can't trust Dalton. I came across this tidbit on Football Outsiders. 

Dalton has only played one truly bad pass defense this season: the Cardinals (29th in pass defense DVOA coming into the week) in Week 5. And though the Bengals lost, Dalton had a good game, completing 71% of his passes for 6.9 yards per throw with two touchdowns, no interceptions, and only one sack. Meanwhile, he has played against each of the top five teams in pass defense DVOA: the Patriots, 49ers, Steelers, Ravens, and Bills. In those five contests, he completed 57% of his passes and a 6.0-yard average with four touchdowns, nine interceptions, and 16 sacks... The good news for Dalton is that his life is about to get a lot easier -- the Bengals play the Dolphins (last in pass defense DVOA, by a lot) this week before closing the year against the Browns (13th).

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2019/week-15-quick-reads

Edited by rylaughlin