BigPapi2004

Sell-High Players

On 8/17/2019 at 9:42 PM, Fantasy Monk said:

The Busts

Royce Lewis (SS) Minnesota Twins
He's a Speed Prospect that has a Some Power and for the speed to play in the majors you got to hit good enough to be on base and I don't think he has proven he can.

Forrest Whitley (SP) Houston Astros
The Talent is there but he has an injury history and a 50-game suspension and His command has never been particularly sharp and scouts from other organizations have been raising questions about his focus and maturity. So there are red flags all over the place here.

Michael Kopech (SP) Chicago White Sox
Getting a long injury history and is out with Tommy John and there is risk of ending up a bullpen pitcher.

Taylor Trammell (OF) San Diego Padres
A Power and Speed Guy. Some Scouts have question his Power and they may or may not be right there but there is a red flag bigger then that. His Batting Average his dropped each time he has gone up another level and his Batting average is bad enough now to say that might not play in the majors and if it doesn't there goes his one sure tool his Speed. So if your looking for the next Lewis Brinson this might be your guy.

Brent Honeywell (SP) Tampa Bay
Too injury prone in my option.

Taylor Trammell is the only player on this list I'd even come close to calling a bust and it's still early on him.

This is a sell high players thread and I think this entire list outside of Taylor Trammell would qualify as a good to great buy low player.

I think you missed your opportunity to sell high on Royce Lewis decent fantasy owners all understand where he is right now and aren't going to pay much for him at all.

Michael Kopech "a long injury history"?  This Tommy John Surgery that he is about to come back from is his only injury.

Forrest Whitley likely hits the big leagues running.  Elite talent. 

The walk to strikeout ratio has to concern you about Robert. Quite frankly, it’s bad and MLB pitchers are going to exploit the hell out of that. Many a promising prospect have been derailed by poor strike zone judgment.

On 8/17/2019 at 10:03 PM, Fantasy Monk said:

I know Julio Rodriguez is a big one that every one likes but he's a pure hitter with a high Average and lots of home Runs but he is 3 years away from the majors and he has no speed for Stolen Bases and he plays for a team that has a history of ruining elite hitting prospects one could easily deal him for Heliot Ramos who would give you the same batting average and Home Runs but would give you also Stolen Bases and you would have him a season earlier. Of course you got to know the real value of the player and not under sell him but if you holding onto him for 3 years you most have Stolen Bases attless 15 Stolen Bases.

Dude take a breath. Maybe throw a period or comma out there. If you're feeling really frisky you can even try a line break! 

And then start your first list over from scratch.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Dude take a breath. Maybe throw a period or comma out there. If you're feeling really frisky you can even try a line break! 

And then start your first list over from scratch.

I chuckled.