Sign in to follow this  
dudewithabadcat

Jacob Hollister 2019 Outlook

My 2018 Hollister thread might have been a year too soon.  I've been known to be a little premature in many aspects of my life....that's another thread on different site.

Let me re-hash what we have here with Hollister.  A WR out of college, trained in the Patriots' way under Gronk, actually had some really great preseasons with the Pats, but ultimately it was injuries that slowed this dude down.  I need to reiterate that - the only thing that really slowed down Jacob Hollister were injuries.  He would literally get injured at some point in the 3rd or 4th preseason game after a few great showings and kapoof....just another last page story.  He had ONE game last year where he dressed up...played his dink off....then he was back on the injury report.  Kid is a legit football player and one thing I do respect about Pete Carroll (who I really don't respect at all) is that he plays football players.  Carroll don't care where you came from, your pedigree, or big your helicopter (dink) is.  Hollister is a baller and a locker room guy.  Personally...I'm a bit chubbed up at the possibility of a Mr. Hollister break out.  Going to keep a tight on him during preseason and might see how things fare - he is going to be a waiver wire pick up but it might be interesting to see how this all fares.  

It....might...be....happening!!!!!

"He’s quick as a cat, he’s catching the ball extremely well, he’s getting open,” Seattle head coach Pete Carroll told reporters after the game. "He comes in with great professionalism, great vision, he gets open, he knows how to separate, he’s got great speed, so he’s doing a great job for us.”

I learned a ton from Gronk,” Hollister told seahawkswire.usatoday.com “Not only him as a player, just how he approaches the game, how he is as a person. He just works his butt off every single day. He fought through a ton of injuries which I saw on a daily basis. Really tough guy. You just gotta fight for your teammates, and that’s what I’m trying to do out here.”

32 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

If NE couldn't make him relevant, then traded him, what makes you think SEA can?

They barely throw the ball and when they do they aren't targeting the TE heavily.

A fine point.  Well, the Patriots are complicated and I wouldn't say that they failed to make him relevant.  Re-read my comments...he just kept getting hurt.  They were trying to keep him going but he just ended up getting hurt too often, sucking up roster space, and fell out of the team's plans.  

Your other point....I am not totally sure that the Seahawks of today are the same Seahawks of yesteryear...I think that they have recognized that they can't ride on the back of Wilson scrambling 15x a game.  They need to be more balanced.  We saw a very very brief glimpse of Will Dissly getting some serious action last year and then it went away.  Lastly, they are in a tough spot for receiving options.  There is nothing saying that a TE has to block or block well...Hollister is a great athlete who can catch and run.   I am speculating that the Seahawks could very well make him relevant. 

2 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

A fine point.  Well, the Patriots are complicated and I wouldn't say that they failed to make him relevant.  Re-read my comments...he just kept getting hurt.  They were trying to keep him going but he just ended up getting hurt too often, sucking up roster space, and fell out of the team's plans.  

Your other point....I am not totally sure that the Seahawks of today are the same Seahawks of yesteryear...I think that they have recognized that they can't ride on the back of Wilson scrambling 15x a game.  They need to be more balanced.  We saw a very very brief glimpse of Will Dissly getting some serious action last year and then it went away.  Lastly, they are in a tough spot for receiving options.  There is nothing saying that a TE has to block or block well...Hollister is a great athlete who can catch and run.   I am speculating that the Seahawks could very well make him relevant. 

I'm a talent junky as well. With the TE pool so up in the air you've got my attention. I'm on the D.Moore train from that team, though. Especially in best ball.

Someone redpill me on this guy

2 TDS this week

Dissly is gone

A former "baby Gronk"

What is not to love?

The ghost of Will Dissly and my unbridled exuberance for Jacob Hollister has me all fired up for a haiku:

Is this a real dream?

A ghost emerged on Sunday

An oak in the bush

• Haha 3

It adds up...

-Dissly was crushing and he wasn't supposed to be anthing after a return from patellar tear.

-Russell Wilson leading the NFL in end zone throws by a margin of 11 to the next guy.

-Hollister respected Patriots background known as "Baby Gronk". Somewhat undersized but fast and athletic.

Can anyone who is familiar with the Seahawks chime in on how they are using him?  I was traveling last Sunday and didn’t see any of the Bucs game except a few highlights.

Also, Ed Dickson is returning this week... is that likely to hurt Hollister?  Wondering if I should grab this guy or someone on the Sunday slate as Kittle insurance this week.

2 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Can anyone who is familiar with the Seahawks chime in on how they are using him?  I was traveling last Sunday and didn’t see any of the Bucs game except a few highlights.

Also, Ed Dickson is returning this week... is that likely to hurt Hollister?  Wondering if I should grab this guy or someone on the Sunday slate as Kittle insurance this week.

I’m interested in this as well. Kittle is looking like a no go so I picked up Hollister but I’m wavering. OJ Howard is sitting out there just begging me to pick him up lol. 

43 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Image result for dumb and dumber gif

Nah. Can’t do it. Basically I’m going Hollister or Dwelley lol. Guaranteed Howard puts up 25 pts. 

5 minutes ago, rgernon said:

Guaranteed Howard puts up 25 pts. 

😄

as Rocco opined in GFII about killing Hyman Roth: "difficult, but not impossible"

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, rgernon said:

Nah. Can’t do it. Basically I’m going Hollister or Dwelley lol. Guaranteed Howard puts up 25 pts. 

He’s on pace to eclipse that in the next 3 weeks. 

What’s that? Oh you were talking about this week 😄😄😄😄😄😄😂😂😂😂😂 😢

4 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I watched the game.  Hollister is being used like a slot receiver.  Luke Willson is also getting run.  And Dickson's return should help in the blocking department.

I don't think Hollister is too big on blocking.  He looks tiny out there, quite frankly.

I think if you start Hollister you are just praying for a short TD reception.  But your prayer might be answered.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I watched the game.  Hollister is being used like a slot receiver.  Luke Willson is also getting run.  And Dickson's return should help in the blocking department.

I don't think Hollister is too big on blocking.  He looks tiny out there, quite frankly.

I think if you start Hollister you are just praying for a short TD reception.  But your prayer might be answered.

Yeah. Well, Kittle is looking on the wrong side of questionable now, so I might just pick up Jonnu and start him on Sunday instead.

17 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I think if you start Hollister you are just praying for a short TD reception.

Or, as I call it, "A TE1 game."

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Or, as I call it, "A TE1 game."

In this landscape, it is.  Sad state of affairs.  I was pissed about Rivers failure to complete more passes to Henry on Thursday but I guess I should be glad he scored a TD.

• Like 1

Wish I had grabbed him this week, congrats to those of you that did and took the chance (mostly Kittle owners like me). He looked really good out there tonight, and that was a heck of a one-handed catch he hauled in falling down in the end zone.

Hoping I can snag him this week, but I know the rest of the sharks in my league will also be gunning for him. Here's to hoping!

4 minutes ago, Thrill22 said:

Been saving my waiver pick for something good. I'm #2 in a 14 teamer. Rubbing my hands together while I put my claim in for this guy, only to see the #1 waiver is the team with Hooper...

Well Seattle is on a bye this week, so he will have to grab another TE for this week. Maybe you get lucky and passes on Hollister for a starting TE.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

Wish I had grabbed him this week, congrats to those of you that did and took the chance (mostly Kittle owners like me). He looked really good out there tonight, and that was a heck of a one-handed catch he hauled in falling down in the end zone.

Hoping I can snag him this week, but I know the rest of the sharks in my league will also be gunning for him. Here's to hoping!

Engram owners too.

Sometimes you luck into this s--- cause your player gets hurt at the right time. We'll take it!