Sign in to follow this  
dudewithabadcat

Jacob Hollister 2019 Outlook

is he worth a waiver claim?  im in a two TE league so it would seem like a no-brainer, but as it's been mentioned, there are a lot of mouths to feed.

7 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

is he worth a waiver claim?  im in a two TE league so it would seem like a no-brainer, but as it's been mentioned, there are a lot of mouths to feed.

That’s a question I’m sure you already know the answer to. I guess it’s all about your depth and I assume you already have 3TE rostered. I just added him today for Smith Tenn. after considering the arm talent and team philosophy I don’t feel like it’s a Hail Mary every week now.  I’m expecting 5 targets a game with a possibility of more if it’s clicking. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

Absolutely...he's probably got a 33% chance of a TD at any goal line opportunity. 33% carson, 33% Wilson rush / Lockett...

2 minutes ago, Krambone said:

That’s a question I’m sure you already know the answer to. I guess it’s all about your depth and I assume you already have 3TE rostered. I just added him today for Smith Tenn. after considering the arm talent and team philosophy I don’t feel like it’s a Hail Mary every week now.  I’m expecting 5 targets a game with a possibility of more if it’s clicking. 

yea...the only reason i'm struggling with it is because i'd be burning a high waiver claim in a league that plays all 17 weeks (we take our playoff thru the NFL playoffs into the superbowl) so that claim has become pretty valuable this time of year.

He seems to have picked up where Dissly left off.  If you're starved at TE he's certainly an appealing add & start with the way Russ loves the TE.

1 hour ago, Dalton Gang said:

He has Arizona week 16 for anyone planning on being the championship. That’s championship gold right there folks.

Yeah, I noticed that. I grabbed him immediately as a Kittle owner. It was painful holding three tight ends last week, but I hope that it pays off in the long run.

The only thing that I'm leery of is Ed Dickson now being activated. Hopefully, it's not musical chairs at the TE position.

5 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

I grabbed him off waivers basically to block my opponent. My question is though: are we worried about Ed Dickson?  

This crossed my mind initially too but Dickson is 32 and hasn't played yet this season. I can't imagine Dickson stealing more than a target or two at most a game.

• Like 1

Ed Dickson is coming back but isn't the other TE Luke Willson coming back soon as well? Will Hollister still be the guy in a few weeks with the majority of snaps and targets? 

What has he done the last two weeks to not deserve to keep getting the majority of the reps? You people really worried about Dickson and Wilson?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dalton Gang said:

What has he done the last two weeks to not deserve to keep getting the majority of the reps? You people really worried about Dickson and Wilson?

Worry is a bit strong, but I think there is some concern that the old TE starters are coming back and could limit in some way the amount of snaps Hollister gets. That's all! Hollister has done well but it doesn't mean that the topic shouldn't come up. 

I think solace comes in knowing Dickson is old and often injured, and Luke not being a pass catcher in the past. So it’s momentum vs old/blocker

I dont think Dickson will carry any loads...this year been brutal on the mind... moreso than any other I've seen

Worrying about Dickson is overthinking things at the given moment, if you can stash Hollister and you're skating by at TE he's about the last remaining high-upside TE grab you can make down the stretch (Njoku would be the only other that comes to mind but even then I think Hollister has higher TD potential on any given week). If Dickson does impact his production or he proves to be a fluke then so be it but if you've got room I'd grab him now while he's still free.

Hollister looks great, Wilson like him, he is a red zone target, Wilson throws lots of TDS.  I think he is 8-10 range TE unless you have Kelce, Henry, Ertz, Waller, not sure there is much better

• Like 1

I thought I read somewhere that Dickson is a good blocker and they are looking at him to help with blocking. 

I feel like I could do a lot worse with Kelce on bye.As mentioned, rankings vs. TE go out the window when Rusty Wilson is your QB.

(thehuddle) Seattle Seahawks TE Ed Dickson (knee) is expected to be placed back on the Reserve/Injured list, according to sources Thursday, Nov. 21. Dickson had been activated earlier this week but the team is concerned he's not properly recovered from the injury.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2