Sign in to follow this  
dudewithabadcat

Jacob Hollister 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

The dick(son) is out!  Nothing standing in the way now. Gonna make the league a holistic experience. 

Ed Dickson (knee) is expected to go on injured reserve.

Dickson was hoping to debut in Week 12 but instead suffered a setback to his surgically-repaired knee, putting the rest of his season in doubt. Injuries to Dickson and Luke Willson (hamstring) have cemented Jacob Hollister's status as an every-week TE1. Coming off the Seahawks' bye, he can be started with confidence Sunday at Philadelphia.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plugging him in as flex this week.  Lockett is hurting, Metcalf and Gordon are twins.  Hollister will be sucking up the targets underneath.  PPR 8 plus receptions.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Patriots must feel like a fantasy player that drops someone during the season that ends up helping league winner.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seahawks TE Luke Willson (hamstring) is doubtful for Sunday's matchup against the Eagles.

Jacob Hollister has posted 4-37-2 and 8-62-1 receiving lines in two overtime games with a near full-time role in Weeks 9-10. He benefited from Luke Willson (hamstring) getting hurt in Week 10, and also won't have to worry about Ed Dickson (knee, IR) moving forward. Treat Hollister as a mid-tier TE1 against Malcolm Jenkins and the Eagles' seventh-ranked defense in DVOA against TEs.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This situation honestly seems too good to be true. Guy's a very athletic TE, far more than Dissly (who was a top 5 TE), Dickson done, Wilson out, good matchup, and he averages more yards of separation than any TE in the league. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

This situation honestly seems too good to be true. Guy's a very athletic TE, far more than Dissly (who was a top 5 TE), Dickson done, Wilson out, good matchup, and he averages more yards of separation than any TE in the league. 

Everything except " good match up"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, philnutz said:

 

Everything except " good match up"

Yeah Philly has been good against TEs, I meant more the situation in general. Philly has been good at limiting RBs and Seattle's D has gotten lit up lately so this should be a high scoring game where Wilson is throwing quite a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I like this kid... feel like two decent te's is a good problem and a bad problem... cause I'm gonna second guess all day..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hard1 said:

Man I like this kid... feel like two decent te's is a good problem and a bad problem... cause I'm gonna second guess all day..


Criminally low projections for Hollister.  RW LOVES his TEs this season.   It was close to 2 tds last game for Hollister...in a tough matchup vs SF.   I’m starting him 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He passes the eye test with flying colours. He won't outmuscle anybody at the catch point like a prototype TE. But he smoothly glides over the field, stretching the seams and working the intermediate areas, finding soft spots in zone and running away from LBs in man. Showed elite concentration on a couple of catches, one of them being his one handed game winning grab while falling down.

Bottom line, he is a must-start in all formats! Mid TE1 ROS!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Wow. This guy is the most hyped player of the week.

 

Yep, tells me for sure a dud is coming....like many hype trains before him. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nromn said:

Yep, tells me for sure a dud is coming....like many hype trains before him. 

Of course a dud could happen. Got fooled by Gesicki a couple weeks ago. Hypetrains derail, just as normal trains.

However, look at the pace DangeRuss Wilson is on. He is imo the front runner for MVP. Throwing TDs like they are for free! Targeted his primary receiving TE heavily all year, especially in the RZ.

Hollister had two games where he played starting-caliber snaps. and delivered in both. In crucial situations as well. This is not like Gesicki or Knox, where you have to project based on potential and hope that their QB gets it together. There is at least some tape/evidence that Wilson loves him some Hollister, and furthermore Dissly was on pace for an elite TE1 finish. Could be the perfect storm for those who need a TE for the stretch run!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Of course a dud could happen. Got fooled by Gesicki a couple weeks ago. Hypetrains derail, just as normal trains.

However, look at the pace DangeRuss Wilson is on. He is imo the front runner for MVP. Throwing TDs like they are for free! Targeted his primary receiving TE heavily all year, especially in the RZ.

Hollister had two games where he played starting-caliber snaps. and delivered in both. In crucial situations as well. This is not like Gesicki or Knox, where you have to project based on potential and hope that their QB gets it together. There is at least some tape/evidence that Wilson loves him some Hollister, and furthermore Dissly was on pace for an elite TE1 finish. Could be the perfect storm for those who need a TE for the stretch run!

I actually agree with everything you said. As a former Dissly owner who has been raining down 3 pointers from weekly streamers at the TE spot (this is 🏈, not 🏀, so not a good thing), I need JH to be a thing and think he will. Just preparing myself for the worst is all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, n00chness said:

Anybody worried about Abercrombie (just promoted from practice squad) stealing targets?

Worried his cologne sucks but women dig it..

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Worried his cologne sucks but women dig it..

 

I dunno. Abercrombie passes the Eye Test for me. Also, he has The Look

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He does not even exist in the yahoo player pool... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no worries... just depth...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2019 at 11:32 AM, ArtistPain said:

The dick(son) is out!  Nothing standing in the way now. Gonna make the league a holistic experience. 

Ed Dickson (knee) is expected to go on injured reserve.

Dickson was hoping to debut in Week 12 but instead suffered a setback to his surgically-repaired knee, putting the rest of his season in doubt. Injuries to Dickson and Luke Willson (hamstring) have cemented Jacob Hollister's status as an every-week TE1. Coming off the Seahawks' bye, he can be started with confidence Sunday at Philadelphia.

 

Full steam ahead, nothing standing in the way for Hollister now. Glad that I was able to grab him in two leagues, hopefully he keeps getting the red zone looks from Russ.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NE is dominant, no doubt about that...

 

 

 

BUT.....they really screwed the pooch on this one. Hollister should have been able to break out with them. Yet another example of how a change of scenery for some guys really jump starts them as players and become valuable fantasy assets.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.