PlayTheWaivers

Dallas Goedert 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

3 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

What are we thinking about this guy?  Nothing really to talk about eh?

Needs ertz to miss time

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

What are we thinking about this guy?  Nothing really to talk about eh?

He's a decent bye week fill but that's about it. 

15 hours ago, Gohawks said:

He's a decent bye week fill but that's about it. 

He's honestly not even that. Guy is completely useless barring trade or Ertz injury. 

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

8 targets last week

Shhhh. Take your facts somewhere else, they're getting in the way of the narrative that he's useless.

Due to the Eagles overall lackluster receiving core I believe we'll continue to see more involvement from him. And also unlike Ertz who gets no YAC, Dallas has the possibly of actually getting some.

6 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

He's honestly not even that. Guy is completely useless barring trade or Ertz injury. 

Enlighten me who you’re going to pickup for a bye

1 hour ago, RingMyBell said:

Josh Oliver

A guy on a bad passing team playing the worst fantasy position historically for rookies while having exactly 0 snaps so far this season?

Alright...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

8 targets last week

And 18 on the season. Could it be a sign of things to come? Anything's possible, but given we've seen a year and a half of this situation I'd say it's reasonably safe to assume it's not. 

7 hours ago, High&Inside said:

Shhhh. Take your facts somewhere else, they're getting in the way of the narrative that he's useless.

Due to the Eagles overall lackluster receiving core I believe we'll continue to see more involvement from him. And also unlike Ertz who gets no YAC, Dallas has the possibly of actually getting some.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but barring injury to the guy in front of them it's rare for someone to suddenly emerge six weeks into his second season. 

3 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Enlighten me who you’re going to pickup for a bye

Might be a few better options in some leagues so I'll try to stick with guys barely owned. Fells for one. Much more production the past few weeks. Even Akins has had much more. I'd also rather Knox against MIA. And personally just because we have a very underwhelming sample on Goedert I'd roll the dice on Oliver as well. Gamble? Sure, but the floor isn't much lower than Goedert's but there's a greater potential for upside. 

• Like 1

Goedert currently 3rd in PFF TE rating behind only Kittle and Andrews. Largely supported by an excellent run blocking grade and exceptional pass blocking, but still. Played >70% of snaps the last two weeks and 8 targets last week. 4th in TE separation per the tweet below. I'm buying. 

8 minutes ago, rylaughlin said:

TE1 ROS

Added him in the afternoon after I played Fells.  I don't care about the matchup anymore, i'm playing this guy. At least he actually has some athletic talent unlike all the other plug TEs i've been trotting out there (don't get me started on Graham who I played the last 2 weeks and dropped after he was a bust only for my opponent to play him against me and get 12.5pts from him, CSB I know).

I felt last week was an anomaly but even though 4 targets isn't monster usage he had a very good game. I'm still not sold but given the options on waivers I think you'd probably have to give him the nod for now. 

31 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I felt last week was an anomaly but even though 4 targets isn't monster usage he had a very good game. I'm still not sold but given the options on waivers I think you'd probably have to give him the nod for now. 

Like any wire TE it's hard to find consistent targets, let alone production.  But he's basically on the field as much as Ertz is now and what I see is someone who actually has the ability to break a few tackles and get some YAC along with some good hands.  Unlike the other TE fodder that seems to consist of plodding 36+ year old TEs that have cement blocks for hands (Graham, Witten, Walker).  Maybe things change when DJax comes back, but Wentz and Pederson seem to like him, and he also has the added benefit of being the only legit TE cuff in the league in case something were to happen to Ertz.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheINC said:

Like any wire TE it's hard to find consistent targets, let alone production.  But he's basically on the field as much as Ertz is now and what I see is someone who actually has the ability to break a few tackles and get some YAC along with some good hands.  Unlike the other TE fodder that seems to consist of plodding 36+ year old TEs that have cement blocks for hands (Graham, Witten, Walker).  Maybe things change when DJax comes back, but Wentz and Pederson seem to like him, and he also has the added benefit of being the only legit TE cuff in the league in case something were to happen to Ertz.

unless he is traded to a TE needy team.....NE?.....SEA?....before or at the trade deadline 

11 minutes ago, kencav said:

unless he is traded to a TE needy team.....NE?.....SEA?....before or at the trade deadline 

I don't know any more than the next guy but wouldn't Ertz and his bigger contract be the more likely player to get traded?

6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I don't know any more than the next guy but wouldn't Ertz and his bigger contract be the more likely player to get traded?

this ^

remember, it was Ertz who was supposedly on the block a few weeks ago when the Jalen Ramsey to Iggles deal was floated/speculated. 

Surprised he's not talked about more. Seems like a must own for those who dont have a set and forget TE.

3 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Surprised he's not talked about more. Seems like a must own for those who dont have a set and forget TE.

He's certainly trending in that direction. I was a little late to the party but I'd rather roll the dice with him than anyone else on waivers at this point. A nice bonus is he's probably a top 5 TE if Ertz got hurt/traded. 

6 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

He's certainly trending in that direction. I was a little late to the party but I'd rather roll the dice with him than anyone else on waivers at this point. A nice bonus is he's probably a top 5 TE if Ertz got hurt/traded. 

I'm rolling him out this week, so that means he'll come back to earth and put up less than 2pts i'm sure...

It's funny, I mainly played him because I had a gut feeling he would get a TD against the "Dallas" Cowboys, who they traded up to block from taking him lol.  He is a legitimate talent and could produce just as much as Ertz, if not more, if he was TE1.

Edited by Slimzy17

Very boom or bust. Nothing else to really say unless Ertz goes down. He will either rack up some yards and a TD or do nothing. Better than a lot of the waiver TE's though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, devaster said:

Very boom or bust. Nothing else to really say unless Ertz goes down. He will either rack up some yards and a TD or do nothing. Better than a lot of the waiver TE's though.

Oh sorry thought you were talking about Ertz....