PlayTheWaivers

Dallas Goedert 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

49 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Is this guy good enough to run a double TE lineup if you already have another elite guy?

This weekend he has to be a top 5 play...ertz not practicing and hamstring is not good 

Ertz is still not looking good..

Goedert  is playing against Miami.    He may be the number one TE this week.    He was already star-table , even when Ertz was still playing at 100%.  This could be a HUGE game.

Edited by Sivaro

The rare TE handcuff may pay off big time tomorrow! Would be nicer if Alshon and Nelson are out which doesn’t look like that will happen, but still a good play nonetheless.

1 hour ago, Sivaro said:

Ertz is still not looking good..

Goedert  is playing against Miami.    He may be the number one TE this week.    He was already star-table , even when Ertz was still playing at 100%.  This could be a HUGE game.

I know it's captain obvious but if Ertz doesn't play that is HUGE. The matchup's great but that likely meant Ertz was guaranteed a huge day with Goedert sprinkled in and still being very TD dependent. No Ertz raises his floor tremendously. Ceiling too. You'd almost expect a TD. 

2 hours ago, clintrad4 said:

I don't buy the optimism.  Practice squad insurance = pessimism 

Yeah that's never a good sign. I actually think Ertz COULD play this week but with it being Miami it increases the likelihood that they err on the side of caution, which is fantastic for us Goedert owners cause it'd make him a top 3 TE this week. 

19 hours ago, CooL said:

The rare TE handcuff may pay off big time tomorrow! Would be nicer if Alshon and Nelson are out which doesn’t look like that will happen, but still a good play nonetheless.

Why, so everyone on the defense can cover Goedert?  IMO the more play makers that are active, the better for everyone involved.  

6 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Yeah that's never a good sign. I actually think Ertz COULD play this week but with it being Miami it increases the likelihood that they err on the side of caution, which is fantastic for us Goedert owners cause it'd make him a top 3 TE this week. 

The one caveat is that it's an absolute must win game - the division title is essentially the only way the Eagles can make the playoffs and the Cowboys already lost so with a win the Eagles will be tied for the division lead. I can definitely see Ertz playing, though it's possible if the Eagles attain a huge lead early then Goedert could take over the rest of the way, although in such a scenario the latter wouldn't need to be targeted much.

• Like 1

He still the best option? Tight ends popping up everywhere...Doyle, higbee, albeit their matchups were jokes to begin with. Goedert played a great and efficient game 

10 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

He still the best option? Tight ends popping up everywhere...Doyle, higbee, albeit their matchups were jokes to begin with. Goedert played a great and efficient game 

Yes, unless Gesicki is available

2 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

It's impossible to predict. Personally I'd rather Doyle since he's not fighting for so many targets, but I'd prefer Goedert over the rest. Higbee was a product of AZ, nothing more. 

Goedert is still too TD dependent for my taste, and even though he gets good volume they always seem to be extremely short passes, but there's no arguing the production the past month or so. 

The Giants are #5 in the NFL defending TEs.  But if you look at their schedule, you'll see they haven't faced any excellent TEs all season.  A big key: safety Jabrill Peppers is out and will be replaced by a rookie.

Peppers played a big part in holding Vikings Pro Bowl tight end Kyle Rudolph to one catch for a season-low 4 yards in Week 5. Peppers would frequently match up with the opponent’s top tight end in man coverage, something the Ertz and Goedert have grown accustomed to seeing this season.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-new-york-giants-zach-ertz-dallas-goedert-tight-ends-20191206.html

I think there's a great chance that Eagles TEs get a TD or two.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nap Time said:

The Giants are #5 in the NFL defending TEs.  But if you look at their schedule, you'll see they haven't faced any excellent TEs all season.  A big key: safety Jabrill Peppers is out and will be replaced by a rookie.

Peppers played a big part in holding Vikings Pro Bowl tight end Kyle Rudolph to one catch for a season-low 4 yards in Week 5. Peppers would frequently match up with the opponent’s top tight end in man coverage, something the Ertz and Goedert have grown accustomed to seeing this season.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-new-york-giants-zach-ertz-dallas-goedert-tight-ends-20191206.html

I think there's a great chance that Eagles TEs get a TD or two.

Definitely agree and the Giants do have another safety playing at an elite level so not all in the clear. Anyway the eagles feature tight ends in this offense- not optimistic about goedert tomorrow but rest of season still sure

• Like 1

Every WR on Eagles roster is dead. This dude a Top 5-7 play this week against a SOFT Dallas def?

• Thanks 1

Anyone rolling with him? There's a sea of "maybes" this week in Tight Ends and I'm going against Ertz. I think Goedert's high floor vs high risk players is the play here as Dallas is AWFUL against tight ends. 

I'm starting him. I think the matchup is actually pretty good with the eagles lacking weapons. He's been nothing special, but efficient is a good way to put it. 

It'd be nice to see him catch a TD. He hasn't had one in a while.

Woo baby what a finish to the fantasy season for Goedert. The Ertz rib injury on top of all the other Eagles WR injuries certainly helped his target share, but why would the Eagles want to deviate from a young player who clearly is among the best at his position already. 

Could ertz be moved? Could the eagles just build an offense around 2 TE sets and let both guys give opposing defenses nightmares moving forward?

Im thinking he puts up 70/700/7 in 2020.

Appreciate the advice of the last few people in here as I went with him. He definitely put on his ertz jersey today. Man he looks and plays a lot bigger than ertz- crazy since he's a fraction of the price