Sign in to follow this  
JonathanGunz12

Tatis question again, WHIR

I posted same question earlier about Tatis and now he's out for the season. I have a chance to trade him to a team that is out of playoffs for some premium "win now" type guys. I could keep Tatis next year at round 15, the following year at round 8, and a final year at round 4. One guy has inquired and has verbally offered (hasn't sent it yet) Arenado, Blackmon, & Lynn for my Tatis. I'd be dropping guys so i'd throw in worst guys. What do you think? Would that return give me a better chance of winning the championship & be worth it? How much better? Or should I just roll the dice, maybe i'll get lucky this year and i'll still have my keeper in Tatis? We can keep 3 players. 2 players must have been drafted & 1 must have been a waiver wire pickup. Tatis is my waiver wire guy. Snell was kept this year so I could keep him 2 more years at round 7 & 4. Nobody round 3 and higher is eligible to be kept.

My team: 

C- vasquez, 1b-Murphy, 2b-Villar, 3b- Bregman, ss- Goodrum, 

of- Judge, Mookie, Puig,   utl - Conforto         dl- Tatis (keep at round 15)      Laureano (keep at round 21)

SP- Soroka, Gray, Archer, Buehler, C Smith, Fried, Lucchesi, Darvish, Houser,

rp- Osuna & Neris               dl- Snell (keep  at round 14)

His team: 

c-d'Arnaud, 1b-Goldy, 2b-Kipnis, 3b-Arenado, ss-Correa,

of-Blackmon, Pillar, Soto, utl-Ohtani    bench- K Davis, C. Biggio,  dl- Gurriel

sp-Fiers, Keuchel, Lynn, Vargas, Gonzales

rp- C Mart, D. Law

There's only 2 other team I could potentially work with that is even somewhat attractive. One team owns JD Mart & Whitt & Chapman. The other owns Lindor, Bryant, Hoskins, Paxton. 

Always WHIR w a link. 

12 minutes ago, JonathanGunz12 said:

I posted same question earlier about Tatis and now he's out for the season. I have a chance to trade him to a team that is out of playoffs for some premium "win now" type guys. I could keep Tatis next year at round 15, the following year at round 8, and a final year at round 4. One guy has inquired and has verbally offered (hasn't sent it yet) Arenado, Blackmon, & Lynn for my Tatis. I'd be dropping guys so i'd throw in worst guys. What do you think? Would that return give me a better chance of winning the championship & be worth it? How much better? Or should I just roll the dice, maybe i'll get lucky this year and i'll still have my keeper in Tatis? We can keep 3 players. 2 players must have been drafted & 1 must have been a waiver wire pickup. Tatis is my waiver wire guy. Snell was kept this year so I could keep him 2 more years at round 7 & 4. Nobody round 3 and higher is eligible to be kept.

My team: 

C- vasquez, 1b-Murphy, 2b-Villar, 3b- Bregman, ss- Goodrum, 

of- Judge, Mookie, Puig,   utl - Conforto         dl- Tatis (keep at round 15)      Laureano (keep at round 21)

SP- Soroka, Gray, Archer, Buehler, C Smith, Fried, Lucchesi, Darvish, Houser,

rp- Osuna & Neris               dl- Snell (keep  at round 14)

His team: 

c-d'Arnaud, 1b-Goldy, 2b-Kipnis, 3b-Arenado, ss-Correa,

of-Blackmon, Pillar, Soto, utl-Ohtani    bench- K Davis, C. Biggio,  dl- Gurriel

sp-Fiers, Keuchel, Lynn, Vargas, Gonzales

rp- C Mart, D. Law

There's only 2 other team I could potentially work with that is even somewhat attractive. One team owns JD Mart & Whitt & Chapman. The other owns Lindor, Bryant, Hoskins, Paxton. 

Always WHIR w a link. 

1) Can you tell us who you’d likely keep if you deal Tatis? Buehler, Judge, Mookie, Arenado...any of them keeper worthy?

2) Is this H2H or roto? Are you targeting categories or just strengthening team for playoffs?

6 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

If you honestly think you can win your league this year you make the deal

Thanks. Hard to say. For example, I'm first in home runs totals for the year, but it's a category league and I only have 1 home run to my opponents 12! So not winning that cat this week. Judge is killing me because I keep rolling him out every day. Definitely more of a crap shoot with category leagues. When Tatis was healthy, I wasn't even going to go for it, because he was just fine in his own right. But now i'm feeling the heat.

Judge, Mookie, Bregman, Buehler, Arenado if I get him, Blackmon if I get him.....all ineligible to keep because drafted at round 3 or higher. So if I ship Tatis off, i'm probably looking at keeping Snell in the 7th, Soroka in the 15th & maybe Laureano in the 21st. 

This is a 7x7 h2h category league. Each category win goes to overall record. So, I could win a week, 6-5, if I win 6 categories, but I take the losses and ties, so my overall record would be 6-5-3. I'm currently in 4th place, top 6 make playoffs, and playoffs start in two weeks. 

I'm not targeting categories, just trying to strengthen my team. This week it seemed like it all hit the fan at once. Tatis out for the year, i'm playing 2nd place team and getting whooped in offensive cats (although holding my own in pitching). It's much more variance week to week in my type league. But a couple of studs could help with that. 

Edited by JonathanGunz12

11 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

1) Can you tell us who you’d likely keep if you deal Tatis? Buehler, Judge, Mookie, Arenado...any of them keeper worthy?

2) Is this H2H or roto? Are you targeting categories or just strengthening team for playoffs?

Judge, Mookie, Bregman, Buehler, Arenado if I get him, Blackmon if I get him.....all ineligible to keep because drafted at round 3 or higher. So if I ship Tatis off, i'm probably looking at keeping Snell in the 7th, Soroka in the 15th & maybe Laureano in the 21st. 

This is a 7x7 h2h category league. Each category win goes to overall record. So, I could win a week, 6-5, if I win 6 categories, but I take the losses and ties, so my overall record would be 6-5-3. I'm currently in 4th place, top 6 make playoffs, and playoffs start in two weeks. 

I'm not targeting categories, just trying to strengthen my team. This week it seemed like it all hit the fan at once. Tatis out for the year, i'm playing 2nd place team and getting whooped in offensive cats (although holding my own in pitching). It's much more variance week to week in my type league. But a couple of studs could help with that. 

8 minutes ago, JonathanGunz12 said:

Honestly I lean against it. Tatis is such a huge value as a keeper at that round. And your lineup and rotation is solid. With a playoff being such a crap shoot and not a great keeper list behind him, I’d hold tight and take my chances. 

I'd do the deal. Sometimes we look to far into the future and forget to take care of our current team. You're getting a haul back in return in this deal for one year in return for 3 years of Tatis. I think that's a pretty fair trade off. You could consider countering involving some picks to counter some of your future loss, but really it looks good as is.

If you think it gives you a really good chance to win this year, do it.  Banners fly forever!

1 hour ago, Idoolittle said:

I'd do the deal. Sometimes we look to far into the future and forget to take care of our current team. You're getting a haul back in return in this deal for one year in return for 3 years of Tatis. I think that's a pretty fair trade off. You could consider countering involving some picks to counter some of your future loss, but really it looks good as is.

This is exactly how I feel. Win right now.