machine3

Malcolm Brown 2019 Outlook

This is an unnecessarily chippy debate.

It's not gonna be solved here by who can garner the most research from bloggers who like watching football and have an opinion or yo momma jokes guys.

If you think Gurley is hurt for awhile and have the ability to do so, take both and see what happens.  If not, you can't control it anyway.  Fact is, it could go either way.  Or Gurley could be back next week.

• Like 1

The Brown/Henderson situation reminds me of Chris Carson and R Penny. 

D Henderson is “the more talented back” yet hasn’t adjusted to the NFL and Brown is just doing it better right now.

• Like 1

Just now, FreakFries said:

D Henderson is “the more talented back” yet hasn’t adjusted to the NFL and Brown is just doing it better right now.

Awesome comp!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

This is an unnecessarily chippy debate.

It's not gonna be solved here by who can garner the most research from bloggers who like watching football and have an opinion or yo momma jokes guys.

If you think Gurley is hurt for awhile and have the ability to do so, take both and see what happens.  If not, you can't control it anyway.  Fact is, it could go either way.  Or Gurley could be back next week.

What's also unnecessary is you posting so much about Henderson in the Malcolm Brown thread. Yes, everyone gets it. It's a fluid situation. But every bit of data out there points to Brown starting. And he'll probably get a pretty big workload at least for this game if he doesn't screw it up. I'm only rostering one of these guys and honestly do not care about Henderson so I'd love to stop seeing the cheerleading for him in this thread

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FreakFries said:

Kind of.

Chris Carson started 14 games last year.

Malcolm Brown started on in 2017.

Brown's been higher on the depth chart than Henderson and Henderson hasn't seen the field in game time.

But Seattle didn't have a "Todd Gurley" in this scenario.  Carson was the "Gurley."

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

Kind of.

Brown's been higher on the depth chart than Henderson and Henderson hasn't seen the field in game time.

But Seattle didn't have a "Todd Gurley" in this scenario.  Carson was the "Gurley."

minor detail, right?

but "both sides"

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Kind of.

He was talking about the intangibles and nuances of the situation, not on paper. Sorry you couldn't understand the depth.

1 minute ago, owenmills said:

What's also unnecessary is you posting so much about Henderson in the Malcolm Brown thread. Yes, everyone gets it. It's a fluid situation. But every bit of data out there points to Brown starting. And he'll probably get a pretty big workload at least for this game if he doesn't screw it up. I'm only rostering one of these guys and honestly do not care about Henderson so I'd love to stop seeing the cheerleading for him in this thread

...ok.  Thanks for your response.

Sorry for trying to be the voice of reason.  I'll go to the Henderson thread and let you respond to the other guys who were talking about various levels of employment of posters instead.  Have a good one.

How can anyone believe the Rams about this being a thigh contusion? Brown could be a heck of play moving forward.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Yep especially in todays NFL.  Henderson physical talent is probably greater than Brown.  But people are crazy if they think on a pass first team like the Rams.  They are gonna throw Henderson out there consistently and risk getting their QB killed on a failed blitz pickup.

2 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Yep especially in todays NFL.  Henderson physical talent is probably greater than Brown.  But people are crazy if they think on a pass first team like the Rams.  They are gonna throw Henderson out there consistently and risk getting their QB killed on a failed blitz pickup.

Henderson looks good on film, but also played at a small school in a gimmicky offense so the fact is we really don't know how good he is.

Espn Projections up to 13.4

1 minute ago, austin316 said:

Henderson looks good on film, but also played at a small school in a gimmicky offense so the fact is we really don't know how good he is.

Yeah I was impressed with what I saw of him in preseason.  But the fact he hasn't seen field really at all this year.  Shows the coaches feel he still needs work in certain areas of his game.

Let's say he gets 75% of the snaps in the backfield Sunday. do you trust him to produce vs. the SF defense?

3 minutes ago, youngrice said:

I don’t know how this shakes out ROS but regarding this week:

The Rams just lost 2 in a row and are playing division rival 49ers who are 4-0.

This is a must-win game. 

Do you really think they are going to trust a rookie whose had 1 touch all season with a significant piece of the offense right now?

I wouldn’t. 

Thinking maybe 5 or 6 touches max.

The bummer for Brown is I think the Niners D is going to beat up the Rams O Line handily and I doubt Brown does anything great with the touches he gets. Worried about the Rams entire Offense really.

4 minutes ago, Meets1 said:

Let's say he gets 75% of the snaps in the backfield Sunday. do you trust him to produce vs. the SF defense?

So, there's that...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, phillyfan461 said:

So, there's that...

Doesn't look good. But I have that defense going, so start Brown with confidence. I always strike out on defenses.

Brown's a locked and loaded RB2 with upside, but the concern is definitely that Henderson overtakes him sooner than later. Tough to see it happening the very first game though. 

17 minutes ago, phillyfan461 said:

So, there's that...

But u need to realize who they played. 

Bucs(Barber/Jones), Bengals(Mixon), Pitt(Conner), Browns(Chubbs). 

None of the teams they have played are running the ball well this year. You could make a case for Chubbs.  Chubbs had some success running the ball, but the game script got out of hand pretty quickly. 

Niners have a solid defense but I would start Brown without hesitation, if Gurly is out. 

Prediction:  17–20 carries, 60-80 yards, 2-5 catches, 20-30 yards, with a good chance for one TD. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I don't expect brown to go off, but he SHOULD get the goal line carries, and most of the RB work. High end RB2 is a solid flex play 

This is not a good match up, but we're mostly excited about the fact Gurley could be out quite a bit.

Just now, CViewPride35 said:

But u need to realize who they played. 

Bucs(Barber/Jones), Bengals(Mixon), Pitt(Conner), Browns(Chubbs). 

None of the teams they have played are running the ball well this year. You could make a case for Chubbs.  Chubbs had some success running the ball, but the game script got out of hand pretty quickly. 

Niners have a solid defense but I would start Brown without hesitation, if Gurly is out. 

Prediction:  17–20 carries, 60-80 yards, 2-5 catches, 20-30 yards, with a good chance for one TD. 

Ronald jones didn't have a bad game. He had 75 yards and a TD I believe.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

How can anyone believe the Rams about this being a thigh contusion? Brown could be a heck of play moving forward.

My man!! I believe where there is smoke there is fire. Its like last year kept it under wraps, they not gonna come and say his knee flared up in week 6. Only Question now is brown good enough to hold off the electric rookie or supposed electric rookie? Rookies are sometimes hard to evaluate but looks to me like game to fast and not picking up things AKA ronald jones who looks totally different this year.

Edited by Truth11

1 minute ago, jkendrick2 said:

Ronald jones didn't have a bad game. He had 75 yards and a TD I believe.

Well, there you go. Even more reason to fire up Brown