machine3

Malcolm Brown 2019 Outlook

41 minutes ago, Truth11 said:

You guys think Henderson gets more play now and leap frogs him? 

You mean the guy who has almost gotten zero snaps is going to leap frog the direct back up to Gurley?

40 minutes ago, Truth11 said:

You guys think Henderson gets more play now and leap frogs him? 

No one knows. Gurley could end up practicing this week still and this was just a false alarm. Adding either guy is a speculative move at this point.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, austin316 said:

I'm ready.

I've never seen us as a whole do more guesswork for a player as Gurley in 20 years of playing fantasy. It's crazy, including the Henderson summer hype train and he hasn't even been able to get on the field.

Should be interesting.

ALL ABOARD!

Josh Gordon says hi.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SonataArctica said:

You mean the guy who has almost gotten zero snaps is going to leap frog the direct back up to Gurley?

It happens.  Sometimes they bubble wrap the backup.

Hendo is a talented dude, I wouldn't overlook the possibility.  Brown will probably get first crack if Gurley misses, but it'd be a short leash.

18 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

No one knows. Gurley could end up practicing this week still and this was just a false alarm. Adding either guy is a speculative move at this point.

I'm going with Gurley is playing.  Come on now.  Rams are in a tough spot right now.  They are playing must win games every week now especially against a divisional opponent.  If Gurley has to just loosen this f---er up and he will be good to go.

12 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

It happens.  Sometimes they bubble wrap the backup.

Hendo is a talented dude, I wouldn't overlook the possibility.  Brown will probably get first crack if Gurley misses, but it'd be a short leash.

Not really. What you see happen sometimes is the backup can't play special teams, so he's not active on gamedays while another RB on the depth chart is over him. But when the starter gets hurt the true backup is activated and gets the work.

I think Henderson has been active on gamedays yet still getting no run so it's seems clear that Brown is way ahead of him, at least as of now. Things change real quick in the NFL though

Conspiracy theory - Gurlye's knee is really jacked up and now faking this "quad" injury 😎

2 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Not really. What you see happen sometimes is the backup can't play special teams, so he's not active on gamedays while another RB on the depth chart is over him. But when the starter gets hurt the true backup is activated and gets the work.

I think Henderson has been active on gamedays yet still getting no run so it's seems clear that Brown is way ahead of him, at least as of now. Things change real quick in the NFL though

Potato-potahtoe.

The point is, sometimes we make evaluations based on usage while the #1 is in there on who would be the #1 if he got hurt, and that is incorrect, or has changed in practice without us knowing.

He wasn't active weeks 2 and 3, but 1, 4 and 5 he has been.

It seems telling to me that they traded up to get him in the third round.  Kid has crazy jets.  If what we saw in Memphis carries over to the pros, well, it's not like the idea that Malcom Brown scored a couple TDs week one when Gurley was in there gives him an impenetrable strangelhold.

9 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Conspiracy theory - Gurlye's knee is really jacked up and now faking this "quad" injury 😎

Yeah, but don’t forget all the Fake News last year that Gurley’s knee was “fine” and “good to go” for the playoffs and Super Bowl.

6 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Potato-potahtoe.

The point is, sometimes we make evaluations based on usage while the #1 is in there on who would be the #1 if he got hurt, and that is incorrect, or has changed in practice without us knowing.

He wasn't active weeks 2 and 3, but 1, 4 and 5 he has been.

It seems telling to me that they traded up to get him in the third round.  Kid has crazy jets.  If what we saw in Memphis carries over to the pros, well, it's not like the idea that Malcom Brown scored a couple TDs week one when Gurley was in there gives him an impenetrable strangelhold.

No, it's not the same thing. A guy being inactive on gameday due to special teams(happens) isn't the same thing as the true #2 on the depth chart sitting on the sideline getting no carries because they want to keep him 'fresh'. Especially when the guy is a rookie that could benefit from work.

There is nothing that points to Henderson possibly being ahead of Brown already and throwing out theories like that is just grasping. 

Edited by owenmills
  • Like 1

There is nothing that points to Henderson possibly being ahead of Brown already and throwing out theories like that is just grasping. 

People made the convo for Henderson all preseason too. It's just best to ignore them

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, owenmills said:

No, it's not the same thing. A guy being inactive on gameday due to special teams(happens) isn't the same thing as the true #2 on the depth chart sitting on the sideline getting no carries because they want to keep him 'fresh'. Especially when the guy is a rookie that could benefit from work.

McVay, yesterday - "There’s also going to be a time that we’re going to rely on Darrell Henderson. It might end up being this week.”

They traded up to get him in the third round.

I'm just saying, may not be the best time to play ostrich on this situation.

But if you think Brown is definitively the guy, and Henderson has no role based on usage, more power to you.  Don't let me stop you.

10 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

McVay, yesterday - "There’s also going to be a time that we’re going to rely on Darrell Henderson. It might end up being this week.”

But if you think Brown is definitively the guy, and Henderson has no role based on usage, more power to you.  Don't let me stop you.

He would probably get a handful of snaps but he played very poorly in preseason and has bare seen any usage in the regular season.  To thrust him into an important division game with significant snaps seems pretty shortsighted.  Doubt it happens.

7 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

You're doing the strawman thing, creating new arguments out of thin air that you can maybe win. Even the staunchest Brown owners wouldn't bet Henderson has NO ROLE. Brown even has a role now(albeit small) with Gurley healthy so Henderson will definitely have a role if Gurley sits. It seems clear though based on factual evidence that Brown will start and Henderson will be the complimentary back, at least to start. Theorizing that maybe Henderson is really the backup and they've just been keeping him in "bubble wrap" is a joke. Not sure why we're still even discussing it

• Like 4

My thoughts on this:

Brown is, and has always been, a lotto ticket. You should WANT Gurley to play all the snaps he can, because eventually with his knee condition, he will break down towards the end of the season when it matters most. Obviously this is just for FF - I don't wish anything bad on anyone.

Out of all the lotto plays, Brown/Henderson are the best plays because it's only a matter of time with Gurley. I'm ok wasting a bench spot on a lotto ticket.  

• Like 1

You're doing the strawman thing, creating new arguments out of thin air that you can maybe win. Even the staunchest Brown owners wouldn't bet Henderson has NO ROLE. Brown even has a role now(albeit small) with Gurley healthy so Henderson will definitely have a role if Gurley sits. It seems clear though based on factual evidence that Brown will start and Henderson will be the complimentary back, at least to start. Theorizing that maybe Henderson is really the backup and they've just been keeping him in "bubble wrap" is a joke. Not sure why we're still even discussing it

I don't care about "winning" an argument on the RW message board.

I'm just discussing my thoughts.  My thought is that you've got a guy who is hurt and might miss time and then one guy who has been on the field sparsely and one who hasn't hardly at all, but option B was significantly more talented as a college back than option A, as indicated that option A was an UDFA and option B they traded up in the third round to get.

Who cares?  It isn't college anymore.  Brown scored 2 TDs week 1 and has been ahead of him on the depth chart.  I get the counterargument.  But I could also very easily see Darrell Henderson being more impressive with the ball in his hands than Malcolm Brown when the rubber meets the road.

If you can't, that's fine.  Again I don't care about winning internet arguments.  Just sharing my thoughts.

12 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

He would probably get a handful of snaps but he played very poorly in preseason and has bare seen any usage in the regular season.  To thrust him into an important division game with significant snaps seems pretty shortsighted.  Doubt it happens.

Depends on what happens on the field I guess.

6 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I don't care about "winning" an argument on the RW message board.

I'm just discussing my thoughts.  My thought is that you've got a guy who is hurt and might miss time and then one guy who has been on the field sparsely and one who hasn't hardly at all, but option B was significantly more talented as a college back than option A, as indicated that option A was an UDFA and option B they traded up in the third round to get.

Who cares?  It isn't college anymore.  Brown scored 2 TDs week 1 and has been ahead of him on the depth chart.  I get the counterargument.  But I could also very easily see Darrell Henderson being more impressive with the ball in his hands than Malcolm Brown when the rubber meets the road.

If you can't, that's fine.  Again I don't care about winning internet arguments.  Just sharing my thoughts.

Are you telling me you'd rather have Henderson over Brown right now? See, one thing that irritates me on these boards is people cheerleading for their players, and it is so transparent sometimes. If you truly think Henderson is a better add than Brown then I respect that and it certainly isn't far fetched at all to think he could be the guy if Gurley went down long-term. Right now it seems like Brown>Henderson to my eyes. So either you really believe in Henderson(which I respect) or you missed Brown and are talking up Hendo so much because he's on your team and are grasping at theories as to why maybe he will be the man(which annoys me)

• Thanks 1

I think the short answer is that Brown is the undeniable immediate guy you want while Henderson is the possible long term pick if this gurley injury ends up being significant. Right now you want Brown without a doubt.

7 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Are you telling me you'd rather have Henderson over Brown right now? See, one thing that irritates me on these boards is people cheerleading for their players, and it is so transparent sometimes. If you truly think Henderson is a better add than Brown then I respect that and it certainly isn't far fetched at all to think he could be the guy if Gurley went down long-term. Right now it seems like Brown>Henderson to my eyes. So either you really believe in Henderson(which I respect) or you missed Brown and are talking up Hendo so much because he's on your team and are grasping at theories as to why maybe he will be the man(which annoys me)

I have both.

I've been wrong many times before, and I will be again.

But I'm hanging on to both.  At least for right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If Gurley doesn't play I'm going to try to trade brown to a panicking gurley owner. I think it'll be a rbbc and the line isn't that great

drafting henderson in mid summer drafts in the 5-7th rounds (like a moron) and malcolm brown in the 15th round finally going to come to fruition? 

10 hours ago, huskadeez said:

Depending on what site you use , you might not be able to waiver add your own drop..

I'm on ESPN, I should be able to right?

Also, Henderson has a shot if he just blows up with the limited plays he will get. 

3 hours ago, scheibler said:

If Gurley doesn't play I'm going to try to trade brown to a panicking gurley owner. I think it'll be a rbbc and the line isn't that great

I snagged Brown in a few leagues where he was available but I think this is the unfortunate truth that most don't want to hear right now. Part of the reason Gurley has been underwhelming this season is because the offense just isn't that good. Their o-line isn't as dominant as it was previously and McVay's offense seems to have been figured out by the league to some degree. 

Don't get me wrong, there is 100% major value in having a starting RB for most offenses. Brown was always one of those targets going back to the preseason. I'm just not sure that even if he steps into the role that he is immediately a massive difference maker for rosters that have him. Even then, if he's a solid RB2, that's a win.