machine3

Malcolm Brown 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, kidsgotsoul said:

I snagged Brown in a few leagues where he was available but I think this is the unfortunate truth that most don't want to hear right now. Part of the reason Gurley has been underwhelming this season is because the offense just isn't that good. Their o-line isn't as dominant as it was previously and McVay's offense seems to have been figured out by the league to some degree. 

 

Don't get me wrong, there is 100% major value in having a starting RB for most offenses. Brown was always one of those targets going back to the preseason. I'm just not sure that even if he steps into the role that he is immediately a massive difference maker for rosters that have him. Even then, if he's a solid RB2, that's a win. 

 

Gurley was still getting those short yardage TD plunges to prop up his value.  That's a lot dicier against SF for Brown if this is a one week type situation.

Where this conversation gets interesting is if there's more to the story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

 

Gurley was still getting those short yardage TD plunges to prop up his value.  That's a lot dicier against SF for Brown if this is a one week type situation.

Where this conversation gets interesting is if there's more to the story.

 

Re “the story”:  I think it’s worth mentioning that I spent 3 hours searching the Internet for information about arthritic knees and the key points that I kept finding were > arthritic knee pain never gets better, it only gets worse > activity that puts weight, pressure and contact on the leg makes it worse > NONE of the information I found regarding football talked about players having it - only 40-50 year old retired players who had too much work > there were some articles that mentioned knee replacement surgery.

Granted, that’s just me on the Internet and you should never count on an Internet diagnosis but I still think it’s a massive concern that it’s been almost a year since Gurley carried the rock more than, what, 16 times? If he has an arthritic problem like I kept finding, this week’s absence is just another big red flag that TG is seriously compromised.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FreakFries said:

 

Re “the story”:  I think it’s worth mentioning that I spent 3 hours searching the Internet for information about arthritic knees and the key points that I kept finding were > arthritic knee pain never gets better, it only gets worse > activity that puts weight, pressure and contact on the leg makes it worse > NONE of the information I found regarding football talked about players having it - only 40-50 year old retired players who had too much work > there were some articles that mentioned knee replacement surgery.

Granted, that’s just me on the Internet and you should never count on an Internet diagnosis but I still think it’s a massive concern that it’s been almost a year since Gurley carried the rock more than, what, 16 times? If he has an arthritic problem like I kept finding, this week’s absence is just another big red flag that TG is seriously compromised.

 

Basically his left leg is a timebomb.  A bruise that is keeping him out from practice 10 days after a game should be warranted with suspicion.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MadMaxMariota said:

Assuming Gurley sits, what's a realistic stat line projection for Brown this week? 

 

60-1, 2-25

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MadMaxMariota said:

Assuming Gurley sits, what's a realistic stat line projection for Brown this week? 

probably like 60-80 ish yards with a chance at TDs 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

 

Basically his left leg is a timebomb.  A bruise that is keeping him out from practice 10 days after a game should be warranted with suspicion.

Damien Williams owners would like a word. 

 

In all seriousness agreed, we saw how long a contusion kept Williams out, might be worse for Gurley with his injury history. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

 

Re “the story”:  I think it’s worth mentioning that I spent 3 hours searching the Internet for information about arthritic knees and the key points that I kept finding were > arthritic knee pain never gets better, it only gets worse > activity that puts weight, pressure and contact on the leg makes it worse > NONE of the information I found regarding football talked about players having it - only 40-50 year old retired players who had too much work > there were some articles that mentioned knee replacement surgery.

Granted, that’s just me on the Internet and you should never count on an Internet diagnosis but I still think it’s a massive concern that it’s been almost a year since Gurley carried the rock more than, what, 16 times? If he has an arthritic problem like I kept finding, this week’s absence is just another big red flag that TG is seriously compromised.

 

Why is this being connected to his knee?  It’s a thigh bruise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Knee bone is connected to the ...you know the rest of that song

 

spacer.png

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Knee bone is connected to the ...you know the rest of that song

s---... i think we need Dr. Morse for this one 🤯😫

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Why is this being connected to his knee?  It’s a thigh bruise

Hahaha, yeah sure it is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I was able to pick him back up off waivers after I dropped him early yesterday morning. If these reports are true, I would expect Gurley to sit at least this week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been holding Brown all season and play the Gurley owner this week.

Wish they weren't playing the Niners.  Would probably be a low-end RB2 if he starts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Been holding Brown all season and play the Gurley owner this week.

Wish they weren't playing the Niners.  Would probably be a low-end RB2 if he starts.

Starting RB for the Rams should be considered an RB2 I'd think.  Brown should be ranked there if Gurley sits (RB 13-24)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, mjb said:

Starting RB for the Rams should be considered an RB2 I'd think.  Brown should be ranked there if Gurley sits (RB 13-24)

I agree but I mentioned the lower side of RB2 due to the match-up.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, herschel said:

In those leagues where he’s on the WW, how aggressively are people going after him?

I bid 11% for him weeks ago before it looked like a starting roll. My guess is 20-30% now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any concern that Brown could wind up in a time share with Henderson? I know Henderson has only run 2 plays on the year but he was the one being touted over the summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

Any concern that Brown could wind up in a time share with Henderson? I know Henderson has only run 2 plays on the year but he was the one being touted over the summer. 

I think that Henderson will definitely be involved if Gurley sits but how much is anyone's guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

Any concern that Brown could wind up in a time share with Henderson? I know Henderson has only run 2 plays on the year but he was the one being touted over the summer. 

 

Not right away. It would be heavily weighted towards Brown at first imo. And unless there is more to the story with Gurley, doesn't appear a multi-week injury...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Sean McVay said Thursday there is no update on the health/status of Todd Gurley and Aqib Talib ahead of Sunday's game against the 49ers. "They’re hopefully feeling a day better but to be able to give you a legitimate update when we’re not doing anything physically wouldn’t be accurate."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like the matchup vs. SF at all this week if Gurley sits but I still added Brown for the end of my bench.  He should be rostered in all sized leagues right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.