machine3

Malcolm Brown 2019 Outlook

16 minutes ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

Any concern that Brown could wind up in a time share with Henderson? I know Henderson has only run 2 plays on the year but he was the one being touted over the summer. 

I think there's merit to holding on to both and seeing what happens.

Gurley's injury status is very strange.  He had a devastating ACL tear on his left knee in college, and he missed significant time last year due to left knee pain.  He has arthritis in his left knee.  Now he is missing practices 10 days after a game due to a bruise on his left quad.  None of it sounds good to me.

The Rams traded up in the 3rd round to get Henderson because he was an electric talent in college.  Brown is ahead of him on the depth chart as it stands today, but Henderson hasn't really proven what he can do at the NFL level.

If Gurley misses significant time again, it could be a hot hand situation.  Or not.  I really don't know.  I don't know if anyone does.

Henderson had a pretty lousy preseason:

Darrell Henderson collected 28 yards on 11 carries while nabbing one catch for four yards on two targets in the Rams’ third preseason game Saturday against the Broncos.

His longest run went for nine yards. Notably, Henderson was stopped behind the line of scrimmage on a fourth-and-one opportunity early in the first quarter, which came after he was stuffed for no gain on the previous play. Henderson’s ADP has leveled out after spiking earlier this summer when Sean McVay made waves by suggesting the Rams could scale back Todd Gurley’s workload this season. The third-round rookie has had a tepid preseason to say the least, underwhelming by rushing for just 57 yards on 23 carries (2.48 yards per attempt). He’s fared better as a receiver, securing eight-of-nine targets for 37 yards out of the backfield. Despite an uneven preseason, the former Memphis Tiger remains an enticing handcuff, particularly given Gurley’s history of knee issues.

Aug 24, 2019, 11:15 PM ET

Seems like a Chris Carson/Year 1 Rashaad Penny situation to me. 
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wendellrott said:

Is there more to this injury than just the physical aspect

could be a part mental

ala Luck

If your knee was a ticking time bomb, you’d have the jeebies as well.

• Like 1

Hmmm. Maybe not expressing frustration specifically about his current “thigh” injury...or is he?...

Edited by gufomel

6 hours ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

Any concern that Brown could wind up in a time share with Henderson? I know Henderson has only run 2 plays on the year but he was the one being touted over the summer. 

It's not a concern, it's a certainty. With one caveat however. That Gurley were to miss multiple weeks. If we're just talking Sunday, Brown will get the vast majority of the touches. 

no way in h e l l   darrell henderson will take the job from malcom if malcom ever has lead back opportunity. the guy has played 2 snaps.

Let's not forget the only reason CJA got a chance last year is because malcom's clavicle was banged up.

malcom didn't play in preseason for a reason, got veteran treatment because they knew they'd need him this year.

Henderson was drafted to be "Chris Thompson" and he can't kiss Chris Thompson's shoes at the moment.

Even if it’s just a one week start, brown has to be one of the more valuable handcuffs in the league given Gurleys injury history/status.

Got this from the weekly forecast column today regarding Brown:

Brown figures to be the favorite to lead the backfield in rushes and goal-line opportunities, while Henderson could chip in with pass-catching work and the occasional carry. I’d confidently fire up Brown as an upside RB2 if Gurley’s out.

Rams still with 27 implied points from Vegas so it doesn't sound like they are worried about the Niners shutting down that offense.

Edited by ludawg23

16 hours ago, wendellrott said:

Is there more to this injury than just the physical aspect

could be a part mental

ala Luck

Thats an interesting comparison since Luck was a super star who retired in his prime while still in his 20s due to injuries, constantly rehabbing and pain. 

8 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Got this from the weekly forecast column today regarding Brown:

Brown figures to be the favorite to lead the backfield in rushes and goal-line opportunities, while Henderson could chip in with pass-catching work and the occasional carry. I’d confidently fire up Brown as an upside RB2 if Gurley’s out.

Rams still with 27 implied points from Vegas so it doesn't sound like they are worried about the Niners shutting down that offense.

I would be.

Jameis is error prone, the Steelers and Bengals are a mess and the Browns don't have a line.

But the Rams haven't exactly been world beaters on the line either, and Goff has been pretty error prone himself.

Buckner, Bosa, Alexander, and the Sherminator have been playing better D than anyone not wearing a Pats jersey.  This one looks tough to me.

• Like 1

If Gurley sits this weekend, i think the opening is there for either brown or henderson (or both) to create a ROS role for themselves moving forward.  Gurley either isnt playing at 100% or McVay does not trust him or both.  I could see young, fresh legs Wally Pipping Gurley in some form.....

Anyone actually going to start him though? Contemplating if I should flex him over Ridley or Sutton but that Niners D-line looks pretty good although they have faced some bad competition.  Chubb did have over a 5+ YPC average last week.

The guy I am playing has Gurley lol.

1 minute ago, ludawg23 said:

Anyone actually going to start him though? Contemplating if I should flex him over Ridley or Sutton but that Niners D-line looks pretty good although they have faced some bad competition.  Chubb did have over a 5+ YPC average last week.

The guy I am playing has Gurley lol.

I have him and Hendo.  I ain't playin either.  SF D/ST stock looking up tho.

Nothing more satisfyingly than playing the Gurley owner and starting brown against him. He told me how stupid I was for dropping 50% FAAB on him after week 1. Well guess who’s laughing now...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Nothing more satisfyingly than playing the Gurley owner and starting brown against him. He told me how stupid I was for dropping 50% FAAB on him after week 1. Well guess who’s laughing now...

haha I tried trading Brown to the Gurley owner and he laughed at me.  

Just now, ludawg23 said:

haha I tried trading Brown to the Gurley owner and he laughed at me.  

I’d send brown to him for his best player just to get in his head lmao. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Just make sure he ain't taking Henderson for a buck while you're laughing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Just make sure he ain't taking Henderson for a buck while you're laughing.

I have a $1 claim on Henderson, it’ll go through tomorrow lmao. I’ve blown through waiver budget already, down to 15%. Can’t go any deeper. Chark and brown took 75%. 

2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I have a $1 claim on Henderson, it’ll go through tomorrow lmao. I’ve blown through waiver budget already, down to 15%. Can’t go any deeper. Chark and brown took 75%. 

GL.  I can't call this situation with Gurley out.  To me it's a toss up on whoever gets hot, for however long he is out.