dboong

2019-20 Sleepers and and Busts

3 hours ago, Sanjo16 said:

Dennis Schroder. With Westy ang PG gone, add an injury prone Gallo/CP3 I think we'll see a version of him in his Atlanta days

Which srill isnt going to be great, tbh. And Shai should play pg over him.

20 minutes ago, perkinsfor3 said:

Which srill isnt going to be great, tbh. And Shai should play pg over him.

SGA starts at sg leaving schroder on pg/sg back-up mins. 

He's a pg long term. You're not going to play him at sg just to provide Dennis f-ing Scheoder with minutes mate. First chance they get, Dennis is shipped.

20 minutes ago, perkinsfor3 said:

He's a pg long term. You're not going to play him at sg just to provide Dennis f-ing Scheoder with minutes mate. First chance they get, Dennis is shipped.

We are talking about redraft here and not dynasty. Ofcourse we all know hes pg long term. But this year imo schroder is more valuable than SGA fantasy wise

3 hours ago, Sanjo16 said:

We are talking about redraft here and not dynasty. Ofcourse we all know hes pg long term. But this year imo schroder is more valuable than SGA fantasy wise

I don't think they are even close. Shai should finish at least 50 spots higher.

and now is when you come and say I'm talking about points leagues...

Edited by RipCity0
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

29 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

I don't think they are even close. Shai should finish at least 50 spots higher.

and now is when you come and say I'm talking about points leagues...

well i like schroders 17/4/5 than SGA's 12/3/4 line

27 minutes ago, Sanjo16 said:

What about where SGA literally doubles Schroders stocks and shoots like 6% better?

I'd also be shocked if SGA averaged 12 points. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sanjo16 said:

even in his full time starter year and had huge usage,he still only rank around 100,Schroder is overrated in fantasy

spacer.png

Edited by kane
  • Like 2

On 9/4/2019 at 4:51 AM, kane said:

even in his full time starter year and had huge usage,he still only rank around 100,Schroder is overrated in fantasy

spacer.png

Schroder flashed promise in ATL, but at present he's a good example of how casuals will overvalue PTS & ASTs.  Overall his value is still somewhere in the range of 100-120 on that team with CP3 replacing WB.  He's a late G pick for a team in need and able to compensate for the lack of FG% and defensive stats -- not one to target, imo. 

• Like 2

Really deep sleeper pick no ones talking about is Alex Len. Before anyone laughs (i know he finished like 200 overall), the guy is finally starting with Dedmon gone. He also outta nowhere added a 3 pt shot to his game, and over last month of season he was draining 2 per game. His low rebs and sub par ft% is whats dragging him down. If he can carve out 25 mins per game tho (decent shot at that) he could post 13/6.5/1 blk/1.5 threes a game with 50 fg%. If he bounces his ft% back to the 70% that he shot for 3 years in a row, that should be good enough to be around 75-90 overall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jay_00 said:

Really deep sleeper pick no ones talking about is Alex Len. Before anyone laughs (i know he finished like 200 overall), the guy is finally starting with Dedmon gone. He also outta nowhere added a 3 pt shot to his game, and over last month of season he was draining 2 per game. His low rebs and sub par ft% is whats dragging him down. If he can carve out 25 mins per game tho (decent shot at that) he could post 13/6.5/1 blk/1.5 threes a game with 50 fg%. If he bounces his ft% back to the 70% that he shot for 3 years in a row, that should be good enough to be around 75-90 overall.

in before he injures his ankles again.

11 hours ago, jay_00 said:

Speaking of Dedmon...  there is a good sleeper.  Only concern is his health.

7 hours ago, Gorgeous George said:

Speaking of Dedmon...  there is a good sleeper.  Only concern is his health.

Can he really be considered a sleeper if he finished 49 overall?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jay_00 said:

Can he really be considered a sleeper if he finished 49 overall?

He's like Powell.  Both have great roto value but are often forgotten and slip through the cracks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

Shhh! luckily the hype on this guy hasn't effected his sleeper status too much. Drafting everywhere 

They're too deep in the back court. Even Gary Trent is a hell of a scorer.

1 minute ago, Lifschitz said:

They're too deep in the back court. Even Gary Trent is a hell of a scorer.

In the G league? No Seth Curry & Evan Turner. Plenty of minutes available. They'll favor giving Simons run over Trent every single time, he'll get 18-20 mins off the bench easily facing 2nd unit opposition which he will dominate like he did summer league. That's not even considering the fact that Dame, or CJ could get injured.

6 minutes ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

In the G league? No Seth Curry & Evan Turner. Plenty of minutes available. They'll favor giving Simons run over Trent every single time, he'll get 18-20 mins off the bench easily facing 2nd unit opposition which he will dominate like he did summer league. That's not even considering the fact that Dame, or CJ could get injured.

Yeah sorry I'm not buying it man. Portland milks the hell out of their two guard scorers. They also have Rodney Hood still, Nurkic, Hassan Whiteside, and Kent Bazemore. If you think Anfernee Simmons is somehow going to jump the queue ahead of those guys I'm not sure what to tell you. USG and shot allocation plays a huge role in fantasy success, you can't be successful if you're barely touching the ball. We know seth curry can score, and he dropped from near 13 ppg and a being a very good end of the bench guy with amazing percentages on Dallas to scoring 8 ppg in 18 min on Portland the following year. 

They're a playoff team, those teams rarely give young guys a lot of scoring opportunities. I don't think anyone is touching him in a 12 man league. I'd much rather go for young guys on bad teams, for example Kevin Huerter finished last season really strong and is only 21 and a talented scorer/shooter. If you're going to go young, go for teams like Sacramento and Atlanta or someone on Charlotte like Miles Bridges, don't get some guy who has scoring talent but is going to be behind a ton of vets on a team with championship aspirations, they rarely if ever pan out in fantasy.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Lifschitz said:

Yeah sorry I'm not buying it man. Portland milks the hell out of their two guard scorers. They also have Rodney Hood still, Nurkic, Hassan Whiteside, and Kent Bazemore. If you think Anfernee Simmons is somehow going to jump the queue ahead of those guys I'm not sure what to tell you. They're a playoff team, those teams rarely give young guys a lot of scoring opportunities. I don't think anyone is touching him in a 12 man league. I'd much rather go for young guys on bad teams, for example Kevin Huerter finished last season really strong and is only 21 and a talented scorer/shooter. If you're going to go young, go for teams like Sacramento and Atlanta or someone on Charlotte like Miles Bridges, don't get some guy who has scoring talent but is going to be behind a ton of vets on a team with championship aspirations, they rarely if ever pan out in fantasy.

You don't buy hence his sleeper status. Are they point guards? Name for me every PG on the Blazers squad. CJ may run the 1 from time-to-time, but Simons is solidified as Dame's back-up point guard which will easily garner him 18-20mins. The entire franchise is totally enamored with him, straight up refused to trade him. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

You don't buy hence his sleeper status. Are they point guards? Name for me every PG on the Blazers squad. CJ may run the 1 from time-to-time, but Simons is solidified as Dame's back-up point guard which will easily garner him 18-20mins. The entire franchise is totally enamored with him, straight up refused to trade him. 

Usage and shot allocation doesn't have anything to do with position. Hood and Bazemore are also going to be touching the ball, and Bazemore will be their third handler the way Evan Turner was. It's not like Anfernee is not going to get the ball at all, but he's not going to get it the way you think he is - for all the reasons listed above. Again, do it at your own peril, knowing a guy is talented is fine, but seeing how he fits within the current team he's on is also important for fantasy implications as well as what system they're in. Portland has a strong hierarchy for who's going to be feasting, all of the top contending teams are like that. That's why you can take Delon Wright and put him on Memphis and he was practically averaging a triple double (hyperbole), or Jonas grew to be a 19/10 player instead of 11-8 or so on Toronto. Again, if you're going to go young, look for teams that are going to give those guys a ton of usage - that'll mean huge fantasy production, instead of you putting a guy on your roster and you start yelling at your screen wondering why he's sitting on the bench or not getting the ball (I've been there).

Anyway no offense but I'm done talking about Anfernee Simmons somehow breaking out.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

Usage and shot allocation doesn't have anything to do with position. Hood and Bazemore are also going to be touching the ball, and Bazemore will be their third handler the way Evan Turner was. It's not like Anfernee is not going to get the ball at all, but he's not going to get it the way you think he is - for all the reasons listed above. Again, do it at your own peril, knowing a guy is talented is fine, but seeing how he fits within the current team he's on is also important for fantasy implications as well as what system they're in. Portland has a strong hierarchy for who's going to be feasting, all of the top contending teams are like that. That's why you can take Delon Wright and put him on Memphis and he was practically averaging a triple double (hyperbole), or Jonas grew to be a 19/10 player instead of 11-8 or so on Toronto. Again, if you're going to go young, look for teams that are going to give those guys a ton of usage - that'll mean huge fantasy production, instead of you putting a guy on your roster and you start yelling at your screen wondering why he's sitting on the bench or not getting the ball (I've been there).

Anyway no offense but I'm done talking about Anfernee Simmons somehow breaking out.

None taken. Peril doesn't exist with a late round flier. Who said breaking out? Nobody. 

As always some discussions here are premature, because we don't know exactly what will happen and preseason also has not yet begun. But I personally have decided that in standard league I won't touch Simons, there are probably better options at late rounds. But I repeat: I can rethink during preseason.

Edited by apatas

Simons is a heck of a pick-up in Dynasty leagues. And he is the only back-up PG on the Blazers. So 17-20 mpg sounds about right....I play 20 team Dynasty leagues. So he is definitely rosterable. And I play Weekly and not Daily so you can stash him until whenever if you really like the guy. If CJ or Dame get hurt then look out...The rest of Portland Gs are nothing to write home about.

For me Simons is a sure all star in two years from now

He's a must have player in dinasty format 

I understand lot of people here prefer to pick up a young guy from a bad team but I don't see similar talents in that teams 

He has the kind of talent that always emerge even in playoff teams