dboong

2019-20 Sleepers and and Busts

1 hour ago, a-rob said:

Ayton will get ZERO minutes at PF, I don't know where this is coming from. He is one of the few remaining real Centers in the NBA today

well the GM said it, "This year we have — from Frank Kaminsky, Dario Saric, Cheick Diallo — we can play Deandre at power forward if we need to with Aron Baynes as our center,” Jones said. “We have a lot of depth at that position.”

then Ayton signed off on it, "Ahh! I heard the word! That's college back all over again. That's my born-and-raised position is the power forward. It's a great look. It's a big lineup too so I'm excited to start if that happens."

so I'll take the over zero minutes at PF. Would be an absolutely horrible move but it's the Suns so totally expecting it.

11 hours ago, n3gative said:

well the GM said it, "This year we have — from Frank Kaminsky, Dario Saric, Cheick Diallo — we can play Deandre at power forward if we need to with Aron Baynes as our center,” Jones said. “We have a lot of depth at that position.”

then Ayton signed off on it, "Ahh! I heard the word! That's college back all over again. That's my born-and-raised position is the power forward. It's a great look. It's a big lineup too so I'm excited to start if that happens."

so I'll take the over zero minutes at PF. Would be an absolutely horrible move but it's the Suns so totally expecting it.

I didn't say it'll happen for sure, but Ayton is the centerpiece of Suns future so if he wanna try to play PF I think he'll play PF sometimes..
Definetely too much depth in that position, I'm not so high on Saric
Keep an eye on Diallo, just because is the only player on that group capable to produce in limited minutes 

On 9/27/2019 at 4:49 AM, LosingEffort said:

I didn't say it'll happen for sure, but Ayton is the centerpiece of Suns future so if he wanna try to play PF I think he'll play PF sometimes..
Definetely too much depth in that position, I'm not so high on Saric
Keep an eye on Diallo, just because is the only player on that group capable to produce in limited minutes 

I actually heard they really like Kaminsky...

Suns gonna Suns...

• Like 1

Ok here's one that I don't think has been mentioned yet and he's not even listed on ESPN.  Nicolo Melli.  No one is touting anywhere.  I haven't seen or heard his name on any of the podcasts, he's in zero sleeper articles, and he will go undrafted in all but the deepest of leagues (they need to list him first lol).  

I would predict he has a pathway to 20+ min a game as the ONLY big on NO that can stretch the floor and shoot the 3.  I don't know what stats might translate for him other than 3's, but if you're in a deep league and need valuable bench players that contribute, I think he can make 2 threes / game and chip in a couple of boards and other random stats.  Maybe top 150 if he hits and gets over 25 min / night, probably sneaks in the top 200 at the least imo.  

Patty Connaughton hits 3s and puts up crooked numbers everywhere and is also one of the my favorite sleeper / late round guys.  

• Like 1

Dont know if he can still be considered a sleeper, but SGA sure is a breakout candidate. Natural talent.

Edited by doomz

19 minutes ago, hkchuchu said:

Noel ?

OKC is trying to move Adams

For now yes, but surely OKC will want to develop someone younger and a part of their furture they may even get a big their more interested in back in the trade. Best case scenario is they showcase him somehow. 

Not saying these guys are sleepers,  but I expect them to have a way better season than last year.

Gary Harris- so disappointing last year. A lot of people may avoid but he can be last years Gallinari this year.

Draymond Green- took a back seat to several elite players. Those players are gone or hurt I can easily see him averaging close to a triple double this year. Efficiency should be through the roof. 

Dario Saric- I feel he is finally on the right team to produce. He will play the 4 and possibly the 5 when the Suns go small. 

Enes Kanter- Can only go up from here. Got screwed in NY. I can see Brad Stevens using him to his fullest.  Double double monster.

Deep League Alert 

Devonte Graham.  Only played 14 min / night.  Good assist to TO ratio, makes the right plays, low usage so FG % won't hurt you, shot 3 well in college (41%), shot 33% this Summer League on 8 attempts / game, so there's room for growth there - and he did make 0.7 last year so over 1 / game is very realistic in more minutes or improved %.  

In 20 min / night this year I can see something like 7-8 points, 4-5 assists, 1 three, 1 steal, maybe 1 TO.  Totally worth it in deep leagues if you're hunting for assists late and the DJ Augustin's and Tyus Jones of the world are gone.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

Deep League Alert 

Devonte Graham.  Only played 14 min / night.  Good assist to TO ratio, makes the right plays, low usage so FG % won't hurt you, shot 3 well in college (41%), shot 33% this Summer League on 8 attempts / game, so there's room for growth there - and he did make 0.7 last year so over 1 / game is very realistic in more minutes or improved %.  

In 20 min / night this year I can see something like 7-8 points, 4-5 assists, 1 three, 1 steal, maybe 1 TO.  Totally worth it in deep leagues if you're hunting for assists late and the DJ Augustin's and Tyus Jones of the world are gone.  

Best pg on that roster. 

20 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

anyione been atlking about brandon clarke from memphis yet?

What's his NBA position?

3 minutes ago, Gorgeous George said:

What's his NBA position?

PF

4 minutes ago, Gorgeous George said:

What's his NBA position?

just won summer league mvp, and ppl are high on him. didnt' even get drafted. i was about to, but I thought he was only really good for blocks. Seems to have an all around game and ppl believe he may carve out a bigger role as the season goes on. Seems to have good bball iq

21 minutes ago, kane said:

PF

So he'll be behind JJJ and Crowder?

I like him a lot, but touting him as Summer League MVP is worthless.  Remember 2 time summer league MVP Josh Selby?

Just now, Gorgeous George said:

I like him a lot, but touting him as Summer League MVP is worthless.  Remember 2 time summer league MVP Josh Selby?

What's the point in the grizzlies playing Crowder? He should be on the trade block. The big question is whether Clarke gets minutes at the 3, he'll definitely back up the 4 and hopefully they play him with jjj at the 5

19 minutes ago, Gorgeous George said:

lol Selbys PER in college 11.7. the final year for clarke was 37.2 and he also avgd 3.2bpg. i just checked Anthony davis's 4.7bpg per was 35.1. don't sleep on good work ethic, bball iq. coach will be able to slot him in if this is the case

he can share the floor with JJJ i am pretty sure.  especially over the likes of jae crowder lol. the coach has already committed to the young morant jjj and why not clarke?

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry

1 hour ago, a-rob said:

Add Taurean Prince to sleepers list. he has been the talk of the Nets camp of how good his shooting has been. Clear path to starter minutes. Can average 15ppg with 2+ 3pm without hurting you anywhere. Otto-like numbers that can be acquired very late if people sleep on him

But with worse FG, almost double the TO and a little over half his STL, other than that, really Otto-like, right?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, perkinsfor3 said:

But with worse FG, almost double the TO and a little over half his STL, other than that, really Otto-like, right?

The steals & FG definitely make Otto unique. Better comp would be to Josh Richardson with less assts.

The hope is that with Kyrie & Levert as playmakers and multiple shooting threats he'll be able to up that FG%.

Projecting 14/5/2, 2.2 3s, 1.1 stl, 0.5 Blk on 45% / 84%

If he hits that then he's definitely worth drafting, top 80 upside and he's often going undrafted

9 minutes ago, chaiway said:

The steals & FG definitely make Otto unique. Better comp would be to Josh Richardson with less assts.

The hope is that with Kyrie & Levert as playmakers and multiple shooting threats he'll be able to up that FG%.

Projecting 14/5/2, 2.2 3s, 1.1 stl, 0.5 Blk on 45% / 84%

If he hits that then he's definitely worth drafting, top 80 upside and he's often going undrafted

People will s--- on you for the OPJ comparison, but I agree with the projections for the most part. Hopefully Prince realizes that this season is his last shot at showcasing himself as a starting talent in the NBA and he capitalizes on it. Opportunity in any fantasy sport is key.

I'm going to throw a name out of left field.. Justin Anderson.

When the Mavs first drafted him I was really intrigued. I started doing deep deep research into him as a prospect. He's got a lot of tantalizing physical tools, he would come into games and have some monster put back dunks and blocks, but he's never seemed to able to get his jumper right. He had a slight shoulder hitch where he pocketed it and pushed forward and it resulted in a lot of misses and a low arc.

I have memories of him getting a ton of open jumpshots on the Mavs and just bricking time and again..

I've been watching him in some Rico Hines runs over the past week and his jumper looks really really smooth.. he's still only 25 and today he was starting for the Wizards at SF. 

Not a great line today against the Knicks, but he got 19 minutes as the starter, 9 points, 3 boards, 1 assist and 2 3's. He's someone I'm closely monitoring. This Wizards roster is so barebones, he could really carve out some value if he gets a 25 mpg starter role nightly. He has sneaky 1 / 1 / 1 potential and you can get him in the last round, essentially someone who could replicate a Miles Bridges type line with perhaps worse FG%. But he'd really need to have a remarkable turnaround in the shooting department, given his age and the fact he hasn't gotten a chance for a few years now, the opportunity is ripe for him to showcase.

On 10/5/2019 at 11:55 AM, a-rob said:

Add Taurean Prince to sleepers list. he has been the talk of the Nets camp of how good his shooting has been. Clear path to starter minutes. Can average 15ppg with 2+ 3pm without hurting you anywhere. Otto-like numbers that can be acquired very late if people sleep on him

It's funny I'm getting him like 12th round in mocks and I'm just laughing. Guys are picking no names or rookies, and here I have a stable player who could get you top 80-90 value with a very strong all around line and because it's ho-hum he's dropping. I'll easily take a stable role end of the bench guy who contributes, that's how you get a solid winning roster composition while other people carousel their 3 bench spots looking for the right pickup to turn out.

• Like 2