wendellrott

John Brown 2019 Outlook

They just had a live look-in and it looks brutal. Heavy rain and very windy. Granted game is 2 hours away, hopefully it improves some. 

3 minutes ago, Silkk1211 said:

I am as well although I don't have great options. 

Same boat best option I have is Jamison Crowder 

Wind might be just what Allen needs, his passes might be on target, 3 catches 297 yards 0 tds

• Haha 2

Getting scientific and researching:
https://www.4for4.com/fantasy-football/2018/preseason/weather-effects-and-fantasy-football-part-1
The differential between baseline conditions and the three weather categories is, at worst, a 2.0 percent decrease and, at best, a 5.3 percent increase. This deviates from the narrative. The types of passes being thrown, short or deep, are arguably similar for two of the three categories. But, each average could be skewed by the total number of attempts in each game. Total pass attempts were then viewed for context:

Rain and Wind have a small difference in attempts than ‘Clear’ conditions (less than 2.4%). 

CONDITION
Clear

AVERAGE DEEP PASSING PERCENTAGE 

Rain

Wind

Snow

The percentages appear similar, but couple the likelihood of fewer deep passes with a drop in attempts and the narrative gains analytical legs. Not surprisingly, ‘Wind’ exhibits the largest decrease in deep passing (6.2%). But even here, at a high level, the data does tilt in favor of weather having an effect on the games.

4 minutes ago, altmin said:

I'll be back and forth till the roster locks I fear.

I’m from ny so I have the pregame on fox, and there no rain and it honestly doesn’t look that windy, Allen and Wentz throwing it pregame and everything looks fine . I’m now going to start him , glad I turned on the tv.  Michael Strahan on fox saying he projects Allen to throw for over 300 yards and big mike is usually spot on with his projections but yeah I’m not going to have brown blow up for 25 points on my bench sorry he’s locked in starting 

3 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Fox just went to Buffalo. You can hear the wind whipping. 

I don’t think it will have much affect on the game honestly, the eagles 🦅 secondary is soo bad that brown can’t beat them in many many ways, short or long 

I don’t have anyone else to start so I’m rollng the dice. I rather be play him than rely on Boyd 

3 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

I don’t have anyone else to start so I’m rollng the dice. I rather be play him than rely on Boyd 

Good call old Smokey going to take one to the house today 😇

Supposedly it's not raining - according to random bills fans on instagram, but still windy. I'm less worried about the wind than I was the rain honestly

I am going to throw caution to the wind, so to speak. Good luck in all our choices.

Edited by altmin

2 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Supposedly it's not raining - according to random bills fans on instagram, but still windy. I'm less worried about the wind than I was the rain honestly

Good thing Allen has a cannon and the eagles secondary can’t keep up with fast WRs aka desean jackson from week 1, brown is more rounded wr that’s jackson as well so win win

1 minute ago, Brye said:

Good thing Allen has a cannon and the eagles secondary can’t keep up with fast WRs aka desean jackson from week 1, brown is more rounded wr that’s jackson as well so win win

Odd take considering D Jax is on Philly

• Haha 2