MysticPeak

Luka Doncic 2019-2020 Outlook

5 minutes ago, Lockdown said:

Who’s the add here?

Not sure... I'm not sure the coaching staff knows yet either. Wright subbed for Doncic, Barea closed the first half, and Brunson is currently starting the third

6 minutes ago, Lockdown said:

Or Brunson, yeah?

Brunson is getting the lion's share of minutes this game and looks great. My hesitation is historically he's sort of low-end. But he can definitely be a capable fill-in. Worth a pick-up.

Other hesitation is for most of the season, Carlisle had been experimenting with PG rotations. Prior to this game, most would put their money on Wright filling in. But Brunson has looked better in this game, and even Barea has provided a spark. And Wright hasn't seen any playing time since the 1st. Money's probably on Brunson getting most of the minutes, but I'm not 100% sure, and it might even be fluid. Still worth a pick-up though of course

Kobe shot FTs. Walked out on his own. 

So I don’t really put too much into anything until MRI. So let’s wait until the results. 

Damn the back of his ankle was on the floor.

Edited by DLG10

Initially it looked bad in real time, but I don't think it'll be worse than a Grade 2 or 3 sprain. I'm far from a doctor tho. Just gonna have to wait.

Just now, Trench Mob said:

Initially it looked bad in real time, but I don't think it'll be worse than a Grade 2 or 3 sprain. I'm far from a doctor tho. Just gonna have to wait.

Grade 3 would be bad though right?

Luka’s a trooper, have a feeling he’ll be on the short side of any timetable.

6 minutes ago, RLDN106 said:

Grade 3 would be bad though right?

Luka’s a trooper, have a feeling he’ll be on the short side of any timetable.

Grade 3 would be at least a month. Fox is just now about to comeback from one. But every player heals differently.

Edited by Trench Mob

6 minutes ago, WatchUrAnkle said:

Funny how he called out his team a while back when he's really the one not trying. If anything how pistons won the game without him is an indication

You lost bro? Blake thread is that way -------------->

Edited by MuscleChestbrook
  • Haha 7

It's a good sign he's able to put weight on his leg. I'm guessing/hoping it's not grade 3 and that it's not a complete ligament tear

Pickup will definitely be Brunson imo. He looked good last season and I was a little bummed that he was getting such little run this year since Luka was playing so well. He is a talented baller.

7 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

WTF is a couple of weeks? Who the hell are these sources? 

How about just get an MRI, and the friggin’ doctor answer that question. This is not a trade rumor, we don’t need league sources. We need medical facts. ESPN is such trash. 

Dude is only an MVP candidate. A superstar in the making. The face of the franchise. And all we got is a couple weeks from sources. Ridiculous. 

/end rant 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ginocan said:

WTF is a couple of weeks? Who the hell are these sources? 

How about just get an MRI, and the friggin’ doctor answer that question. This is not a trade rumor, we don’t need league sources. We need medical facts. ESPN is such trash. 

Dude is only an MVP candidate. A superstar in the making. The face of the franchise. And all we got is a couple weeks from sources. Ridiculous. 

/end rant 

I hear ya. "Might return in a couple of weeks". Might is the same as "I don't know" and couple is just a estimate.

Meaning they're in such a rush to put out something and nothing definitive yet. I miss the days where ESPN doesn't hire interns lol.

• Thanks 1

We had a sportsman of the year ceremony here in Slovenia this evening. Luka was second and his mum came to pick up the reward for him. The host asked about his ankle and she said the sprain is not mild, but expects him to be back soon. After the host asked if this means immediately after the new year, she replied "let's hope so".

So that's at least two more weeks.

• Thanks 4