Sign in to follow this  
tonycpsu

MLB Waiver Wire and Streaming Thread 2019 Week 21

tonycpsu

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups and streaming options for week 21 of the 2019 MLB season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggetions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups and streaming options for week 21 of the 2019 MLB season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggetions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

If Marte remains out, you may want to consider Wilmer Flores -  20 PA, batting .600, with 4 home runs, and 0 K's.  Has my attention because I lost McNeil and will add if he's in the lineup tonight. Problem is not sure how serious Marte's back is. Back tightness doesn't sound like a IL thing  but you never know. Then again, hot as Flores has been, manager may find a place for him. For the most part, pitchers Flores will face this week is favorable.

Hunter Pence has four games over the next three days, and three of them are against lefties.

Anybody think he plays all/most of those games? I haven't followed his usage closely but I know he's sat a bit recently.

I'm planning on grabbing Jason Vargas (again) mid-week sometime for his start next Sunday @ Miami.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Macgregor said:

Hunter Pence has four games over the next three days, and three of them are against lefties.

Anybody think he plays all/most of those games? I haven't followed his usage closely but I know he's sat a bit recently.

He wasnt playing everyday because Texas decided to let the young players play regularly the rest of the season. Hes now viable with the injuries to Santana and Mazara.

Edited by Gryfter
  • Thanks 1

Correa is hurt again so grab Aledmys Diaz.

edit: nevermind, didnt know Diaz is back on the IL himself.

Edited by Gryfter
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gryfter said:

He wasnt playing everyday because Texas decided to let the young players play regularly the rest of the season. Hes now viable with the injuries to Santana and Mazara.

Nice, hadn't followed their roster much since Gallo got hurt. 

I ended up snagging Pence anyway– so far so good. Additionally, it looks like the White Sox are going with Hector Santiago on Thursday, giving Pence four straight days facing lefties (and a double-header game tomorrow). I merely implied his splits in my previous post, but he's posting a .327/.376/.663 line against them this year with an OPS of 1.040 across 100 PAs. Since June 1st (53 PAs), the splits jump to .348/.434.717 with an OPS of 1.151, an ISO of .370 and a wRC+ of 190 against lefties.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tanner Roark in deeper points leagues. Has pitched remarkably well since leaving the Great American Bandbox for the Crazy Large Foul Territory in the Bay.

Has a Wed start next week v KC and then should have a two step the following one...

• Like 1

Heads up for weekly leaguers looking for a CI or Util option next week - Jose Osuna makes for an intriguing add. 7 game week with 3 @ Philly (Vargas, Smyly, and Velazquez) and 4 @ Colorado (whatever dreck they’re going to roll out).

• Like 2

Brock Burke, Tony Gonsolin, Nick Solak, Jon Berti, Starlin Castro & Adrian Houser are some names in deeper leagues.