Pyschout

Lonzo Ball 2019-2020 Outlook

On 12/29/2019 at 7:45 PM, waffleboy said:

just give me 2 more good games so I can sell high 

Are you still selling? I was also thinking the same thing a couple weeks ago, but after losing Isaac for the foreseeable future I’m really banking on Ball to continue developing and producing. 

It's not just that he's "playing better."

Rather, what's changed is the lineup. JJ Redick is starting at SF in a smallball lineup, and it's working. Better floor spacing, more room for Lonzo to operate in space, driving into traffic. He just is much better in this style of play.

Next thing on my mind is what happens after Zion gets back. That lineup would have to have Ingram at the 3, with Zion at 4 and Favors at 5. Things could slow down and clogged with these bigs. Ingram is not a great spot up shooter.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Zion will be eased in slowly. And if anything, he may replace favors. 

Man, that is one potentially exciting offense designed to run at an elite pace. 

Zion returning is only gonna help Zo. 

Edited by NoHablaIngles

3 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Zion will be eased in slowly. And if anything, he may replace favors. 

Man, that is one potentially exciting offense designed to run at an elite pace. 

Zion returning is only gonna help Zo. 

Could be. I think Ingram at the 4 is the key, with shooting everywhere. JJ needs to be playing next to Lonzo for his spacing.

Problem is, we saw Zion with Lonzo in the preseason, and Lonzo was not looking very good. 

26 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Could be. I think Ingram at the 4 is the key, with shooting everywhere. JJ needs to be playing next to Lonzo for his spacing.

Problem is, we saw Zion with Lonzo in the preseason, and Lonzo was not looking very good. 

I wouldn’t read too much into pre-season. These two will be great. It’s a matter of them staying healthy and building chemistry. It will be a thing of beauty.

3 hours ago, Supersonics said:

Are you still selling? I was also thinking the same thing a couple weeks ago, but after losing Isaac for the foreseeable future I’m really banking on Ball to continue developing and producing. 

I want to get a big in return but not sure who I can get ... 

8 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

It's not just that he's "playing better."

Rather, what's changed is the lineup. JJ Redick is starting at SF in a smallball lineup, and it's working. Better floor spacing, more room for Lonzo to operate in space, driving into traffic. He just is much better in this style of play.

Next thing on my mind is what happens after Zion gets back. That lineup would have to have Ingram at the 3, with Zion at 4 and Favors at 5. Things could slow down and clogged with these bigs. Ingram is not a great spot up shooter.

Lonzo has also been running more point than Jrue which wasn't the case earlier in the season.  That includes outlets from defensive rebounds, so perhaps his teammates are trusting him more.

• Like 1

I picked him up for this week... he has 4 games ~... do you guys think this is a fluke or not?

I think when Zion comes back Lonzo will play even better... he has good chemistry with Zion the GOD ~~~

My feeling is that I will ride Lonzo until the end of the season ~

Think he’s really turned the page. Sure he’ll have a few duds, but he generally looks more confident out there

They must’ve told him they was going to trade him away cause now he wants to play like he about to be out the league.

So proud of this kid. He didn't ask to have a father like that. 

• Like 1

Yesterday in my H2H league i traded JJ reddick & Taurean Prince for Lonzo Ball & Deandre Jordan, Lil risky cause i gave up alot of my threes but sheesh if lonzo keeps playing like this 😳

3 hours ago, StephonMarburysVaseline said:

He's d**kslapping me hard after rage dropping him a month ago.

hahaha owner dropped him around the same time... f--- can't imagine being him right now .. I'd be furious 

4 hours ago, StephonMarburysVaseline said:

He's d**kslapping me hard after rage dropping him a month ago.

Right there with you <\3 had so many injuries I had to cut because he kept randomly sitting now he’s ballin . Good for him though , glad he’s finally turning it around 

• Like 1

Is this guy for real? I hold on to him all season and dropped him two wks ago. Then he blow up. Good for all the owners out there that got him for FREE. 

21 hours ago, HLFReborn said:

Fox better than Ball or naw ?  Fantasy-wise*

I'd say Fox is better but it's close when both are healthy. Looks like Ball has finally become comfortable. 

19 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

This is the Lonzo I know

Guards have a tough time against the Bulls.. 

Lonzo finished up with 11,5 and 7 with a steal and a block (4/11 shooting and 0/5 from three). If he converted 2 of those threes, it would have been a much better line - 17,5 and 7.

He's looking good out there.