FFCollusion

Alshon Jeffery 2019 Outlook

Just a little note for those who were worried about the "bad matchup."  Nobody stops Alshon but Alshon.  The only ways he puts up a bad performance is (1) game flow dictates a run-heavy scheme, which all WRs can fall victim to or (2) Alshon decides he's "hurt" and wants to spend the rest of the game on the bike, giving you a zero. Defensive backs are irrelevant to him.

3 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Just a little note for those who were worried about the "bad matchup."  Nobody stops Alshon but Alshon.  The only ways he puts up a bad performance is (1) game flow dictates a run-heavy scheme, which all WRs can fall victim to or (2) Alshon decides he's "hurt" and wants to spend the rest of the game on the bike, giving you a zero. Defensive backs are irrelevant to him.

Has been surprisingly consistent.

Thinking about moving him with the upcoming nightmare schedule of Dal-Buf-Chi-BYE-NE.

But then I look at his Week 13-15 stretch of Mia-NYG-Was and worry this guy would knock me out of the playoffs.

What to do with this guy? Rumors are out about him trashing the team. He looks like a stiff old man out there, plus the schedule isnt friendly until playoffs... I've tried packaging in trades and nothing. Just dont trust him.

3 minutes ago, Mmiller186 said:

What to do with this guy? Rumors are out about him trashing the team. He looks like a stiff old man out there, plus the schedule isnt friendly until playoffs... I've tried packaging in trades and nothing. Just dont trust him.

Sometimes I wonder how this guy even manages to open his legs to run. It’s like he’s moving in quicksand. He has to have the tightest tendons in football. Every catch is with a defender draped over him. He gets zero separation. And that description is from last year! He is now a year older!

10 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Sometimes I wonder how this guy even manages to open his legs to run. It’s like he’s moving in quicksand. He has to have the tightest tendons in football. Every catch is with a defender draped over him. He gets zero separation. And that description is from last year! He is now a year older!

Man, I remember his days with the Bears, he looked alot more limber and actually made an effort for the ball.

• Thanks 1

He does look like an aging receiver out there, but Wentz still targets him the most. 

Finding it tough to start him this week @ BUF. 

Playing his former team (CHI) this week.

What's the verdict?  WR2 worthy of starting?

11 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Playing his former team (CHI) this week.

What's the verdict?  WR2 worthy of starting?

I'm benching him, I want to cut him but his playoff schedule looks great and once Jackson is back and healthy it should open up the passing game some for him. 

• Like 2

He almost feels drop worthy. I'm thinking about it. Too TD dependent to roll the dice on, IMO. I almost want him to be someone else's problem. 

16 minutes ago, Homerj24 said:

He almost feels drop worthy. I'm thinking about it. Too TD dependent to roll the dice on, IMO. I almost want him to be someone else's problem. 

😲 Please tell me you're joking.  Alshon is a star and the WR1 attached to a good QB on a team that has no defense and thus is going to have to throw a lot.  I wouldn't even drop this Elite Beast in a 10-teamer.  

• Haha 1

[...] I'm sure he will have some good gamea but again TD or bust in half PPR. He looks slow and stiff,  I'd rather handcuff one of my RBs or take a chance on a Debo Samuel or Slayton type player.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

He had three consecutive brutal matchups followed by a bye followed by NE. I can see why people might be thinking of dropping him when he hasn’t had a good game since Week 6, and I’m not trying to start him this week, but I think he’s going to beast down the stretch.

Any information about his injury? Is he going to be available this week?

need him badly now that mack broke his hand

if he's not given an injury designation i will strongly consider him this week over similar players (cooks, gallup, marvin jones). would need to feel confident he's going to play a full compliment of snaps in what should be a high scoring affair (second highest o/u on the board this week at 48.5)

I’m pondering him over Sutton, if he can go 

Before that brutal stretch he was getting good usage and was consistent. Now he gets to the best schedule you can ask for, and Agohlor is banged up. Should be a recipe for success 

I just traded for him and McLaurin. I mostly got him just in case I sneak into the playoff and his easy schedule. Other than Ertz he is a great option for Wentz if he stays healthy.