AirForceOne

Darrel Williams 2019 Outlook

25 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Yup. On ESPN up to 8 PPR points from 3.

Although McCoy jumped from 8 to 12.

It's understandable. The assumption is 65-35 with Williams getting the more valuable touches but we'll see. 

The arguing in this thread is so stupid. Nobody knows what’s going to happen with the KC backfield from week to week. Not even Andy Reid. 🤣

Edited by kraftwrk_5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Picked him up. May even start him over Chris Carson. I can't be sure that Carson is starting after two more fumbles last week. Also it's a tough match up on MNF vs Minnesota.Why oh why do I play Fantasy football, so damn stressful. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, sdlengua said:

Picked him up. May even start him over Chris Carson. I can't be sure that Carson is starting after two more fumbles last week. Also it's a tough match up on MNF vs Minnesota.Why oh why do I play Fantasy football, so damn stressful. 

Rolling both Carson and Darrell out this week, got no choice really

15 minutes ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Rolling both Carson and Darrell out this week, got no choice really

McCoy is starting right?

2 hours ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

The arguing in this thread is so stupid. Nobody knows what’s going to happen with the KC backfield from week to week. Not even Andy Reid. 🤣

Definitely true that no one knows, but I think a reasonable estimation is what we saw week 3/4 or whatever it was when Damien was out. Darrel was quite productive in both games. 

Whether McCoy has more or less trust now is certainly open for debate, but me personally I expect at least the involvement we saw in those two games, perhaps even more. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL

5 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Definitely true that no one knows, but I think a reasonable estimation is what we saw week 3/4 or whatever it was when Damien was out. Darrel was quite productive in both games. 

Whether McCoy has more or less trust now is certainly open for debate, but me personally I expect at least the involvement we saw in those two games, perhaps even more. 

I agree with this. And to add, it's better to have a backup RB that splits touches on a good offensive team with a favorable matchup. Which is why I'd probably go with DWill over Carson on MNF vs Minnesota. Can go Carson, D. Parker or Williams in my flex spot. Debating which pick and whoever I go with....do the opposite if you want to win. But Darrell Williams at least this week vs Oakland is in the same flex spot consideration with Carson and Devante Parker. IMHO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Darrel's average in the 3 games Damien was injured, including one game with 100 total yards and another with 2 TD...

9 Att, 37 Yds, 3 Rec, 33 Yds, TD

These avg numbers come out to 14.5 pts in half PPR and 16 in full PPR

Numbers don't lie. And if you think they do, watch him run. He is strong and picks up speed like a train.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, austin316 said:

Darrel's average in the 3 games Damien was injured, including one game with 100 total yards and another with 2 TD...

9 Att, 37 Yds, 3 Rec, 33 Yds, TD

These avg numbers come out to 14.5 pts in half PPR and 16 in full PPR

Numbers don't lie. And if you think they do, watch him run. He is strong and picks up speed like a train.

Choooooo Chooooooooooo

• Like 1

McCoy vs Darrel is a tough call, and nobody really knows what to expect.....except goal line carries likely going to Darrel, yes? Which would you rather have? The between the 20’s guy, or the guy punching it in?

[...]

I can’t see the argument for wanting Darrel over McCoy at THIS point in time.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content
  • Like 1

Can someone clarify this since I am new to the whole situation. Was Williams active over Shady that week Shady was inactive?  Im not drawing that much from it, but I am curious if that was the case.  Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Can someone clarify this since I am new to the whole situation. Was Williams active over Shady that week Shady was inactive?  Im not drawing that much from it, but I am curious if that was the case.  Thanks!

Yes but that is irrelevant. They say shady was benched for rest when it was likely for fumbling. Either way, Darrel has been active every game this season.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Personally think Kansas City is going to absolutely destroy Oakland with over 2 weeks to prepare, must win revenge game, and I think Oakland are pretenders as shown last week. I want a part of all KC guys in this game.

Yes.  McCoy's big workload games this season are 10,11,11,12 carries.  There is no doubt they're trying to keep him fresh.  This is the perfect game for the Chiefs to feature Darrell Williams, especially in the second half.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

You guys are all forgetting that McCoy was hurt those weeks. He was questionable heading into Week 3, and left that game early after aggravating his ankle (Darrel played the whole 4th quarter).  

Then everyone thought LeSean might not play Week 4, but he started (and scored).  Then Darrel got the 4th quarter work once again when they were losing (all his production was at the end).

That’s why Darrel was originally a big waiver wire guy early in the season... bc Damien was out, and everyone thought McCoy might be out too.

Don’t look at Weeks 3 & 4 as an indicator of what a split will look like if both are healthy.

Edited by SkinsChargersFan
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They like Darrel's pass protection. I see McCoy starting and getting 12-15 carries in first half with Darrel taking out the clock on the second half. Could be a decent game for both backs but Darrel will have an opportunity here to take over if Damien is going to be out for a couple more weeks

There's going to be 4 days of back and forth debate in here until the game is played.  

Not going to get any revelation of how he's going to be used.

Best advice is to just roster and hold and not start if you can.  And wait for injury news and game usage to determine what to do moving forward.

No need to come back into this thread until Sunday night.

10 minutes ago, CooL said:

There's going to be 4 days of back and forth debate in here until the game is played.  

Not going to get any revelation of how he's going to be used.

Best advice is to just roster and hold and not start if you can.  And wait for injury news and game usage to determine what to do moving forward.

No need to come back into this thread until Sunday night.

He’s a roster and hold for me. I can’t flex him until I see the usage. If Damien misses multiple weeks, Darrel could be a nice little playoff flex.

No way Damien plays this week, that’s pretty much a given at this point with him out multiple practices and signing McGuire. I’m still leaning towards Shady if I had to play a KC RB this week.

2 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

You guys are all forgetting that McCoy was hurt those weeks. He was questionable heading into Week 3, and left that game early after aggravating his ankle (Darrel played the whole 4th quarter).  

Then everyone thought LeSean might not play Week 4, but he started (and scored).  Then Darrel got the 4th quarter work once again when they were losing (all his production was at the end).

That’s why Darrel was originally a big waiver wire guy early in the season... bc Damien was out, and everyone thought McCoy might be out too.

Don’t look at Weeks 3 & 4 as an indicator of what a split will look like if both are healthy.

I'm not saying you, but I've been hearing excuses about McCoy for 12 weeks now - he's new to the team, he's gotta learn the playbook, he's gotta get up to speed in pass pro, he's nicked up, he was scratched for fumbling, they're limiting his workload, wanna keep him fresh for the playoffs, and on and on... We can either trust reports or we can trust data. The data indicates McCoy is not the featured guy in KC, and they do not want him to be. Could he come out and get 20+ touches this week? Sure, anything's possible. But we know (IMO) that Darrel is the preferred back in hurry-up, catching passes, protecting Mahomes, and clock killing when they're up in the 4th (which I think most would agree is likely here). 

It'd be pretty tough for all of that to not lead to decent production. Honestly my bigger concern is they feature Darwin a bit to see what he can offer. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL
  • Like 1