Sign in to follow this  
kev777zero

pick 3 to keep: CP3, JJJ, Fox, Russell, Love, RoCo

I need to keep four players for this upcoming season. My first keeper is a no brainer James Harden, but after that I'm rather torn between picking three from the rest of my team. I am playing H2H 9-cat standard Yahoo, and with Harden I plan on punting FG%.

Which 3 would you pick:

Chris Paul

Jaren Jackson Jr

DeAaron Fox

DeAngelo Russell

Kevin Love

Robert Covington

I'm inclined to take CP3 as my second keeper in hopes of increased usage in OKC. Covington would be my #3 given it's blk & stl abilities and he matches Harden well for punt FG%. Very torn for my 4th keeper between Russell JJJ and Love. Russell fits well but I worry going into the rest of the draft without a single center.

WHIR

In a dynasty I would pass on Chris Paul unless you really want to go push hard on winning this year.

1. JJJ

2. Fox

3. Russell

4. Lord

5. Love

6. Paul.

In a keeper of dyno I like going with upside - Chris Paul is not that and is always injured

I'd pick Jackson, Russell and probably Fox (although you could go RoCo at that last spot)

Agree with above rankings actually ;) although I might put Russell above Fox for value this year. 

It’s only for this year as the keeper is not going to continue, so I’m just looking for the best three this year.

If you focus on this year, I would keep Paul, Covington and Russell. Despite the injury concern, I think Paul eventually fits your team well with the guard heavy punt FG strategy. I don't know how many teams are in your league, but each team keeps 4 means that there is probably some great C in the pool ? You may target someone like JV, Bryant in the middle rounds. 

Edited by ohhyuhyuhyu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ohhyuhyuhyu said:

If you focus on this year, I would keep Paul, Covington and Russell. Despite the injury concern, I think Paul eventually fits your team well with the guard heavy punt FG strategy. I don't know how many teams are in your league, but each team keeps 4 means that there is probably some great C in the pool ? You may target someone like JV, Bryant in the middle rounds. 

Thanks. I’m in 12 league so folks like JVal and Bryant should be available. I more or less set now on Harden with CP3 and RoCo. Debating between Russell and Love. They both fit well in different ways. Love fills the C position. Russell will probably be more consistent and play more games. Love may be the higher ranked player if he can reproduce what he did in the past.

7 hours ago, kev777zero said:

It’s only for this year as the keeper is not going to continue, so I’m just looking for the best three this year.

oh okay.

in that case I'd keep Chris Paul, D. Russell and then Lord.

You could make a case for Love for the 4th keeper but I think you already have other good FT anchors and rebounds aren't too hard to find. I'd take the good Lord's stocks every day.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Auction>Snake said:

JJJ could breakout before the new year, whole fteam will run through him. 

It would take a massive breakout year for JJJ to be a sizeable upgrade to the others though.

12 hours ago, kev777zero said:

Thanks. I’m in 12 league so folks like JVal and Bryant should be available. I more or less set now on Harden with CP3 and RoCo. Debating between Russell and Love. They both fit well in different ways. Love fills the C position. Russell will probably be more consistent and play more games. Love may be the higher ranked player if he can reproduce what he did in the past.

I was burnt by Love last year due to the non stop injury. Little biased but I would choose Russell over Love.

10 hours ago, ohhyuhyuhyu said:

I was burnt by Love last year due to the non stop injury. Little biased but I would choose Russell over Love.

So was I :(. I'm try not use my bias against him though in not picking him. I guess since I have injury prone CP3 already I should go with Russell so I don't end up with two out of four of my top players not playing in March.

• Haha 1