pyro7

Robert Covington 2019-2020 Outlook

This guys per 36 in the 4th would be stupid good. Absolutely dicks us around and then turns to the camera, winks at us breaking the fourth wall, and gives us a line like that. I see you lord. May praise be onto you wherever you may land after the trade deadline.

• Haha 4

Which team do you guys think Covington will be traded that can actually boost his fantasy production?

27 minutes ago, NashNoTrash said:

Which team do you guys think Covington will be traded that can actually boost his fantasy production?

Any contending team that's not garbage like Minnesota lol. 

Preferably Houston - he would be crazy good there

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Any contending team that's not garbage like Minnesota lol. 

Preferably Houston - he would be crazy good there

Will he be started at the 3 and Eric Gordon to the bench?  idonno about Harden and Westbrook taking 20+ shots each ~~~ 

The article says thy Lord would be sent to Houston in this 3 or 4 team deal. Our prayers might be answered soon guys. 🙏🏽

• Like 1

I think this is definitely going down at this point. Damn, this is honestly the best possible scenario. RoCo will FEAST!

• Like 1

Hope it happens but if it's contingent upon DLo going to MIN, I don't think it happens. Really don't think Warriors are in a rush to trade DLo

9 minutes ago, samtal33k said:

Hope it happens but if it's contingent upon DLo going to MIN, I don't think it happens. Really don't think Warriors are in a rush to trade DLo

do they really need him though? With Curry and Klay they dont need guard help.

Doesn’t matter. Warriors have one and ONLY one goal next season, get back to NBA finals. Picks won’t help them with that. They don’t have cap to sign a big name In the off season. If anything, DLo + a top pick next year gets them a better player who fits that system as well. Min are stupid if they think they can entice them with what they have,

1 hour ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

do they really need him though? With Curry and Klay they dont need guard help.

nope nope nope nope... They got DLO b/c they don't want to give Durant for free ~~~ DLO isn't welcomed in GSW.  He will be gone either this year or after this season.  Ain't going to pay him max contract to play off the bench like Schroder

46 minutes ago, NashNoTrash said:

nope nope nope nope... They got DLO b/c they don't want to give Durant for free ~~~ DLO isn't welcomed in GSW.  He will be gone either this year or after this season.  Ain't going to pay him max contract to play off the bench like Schroder

"Isn't welcomed " ?? 

😂

47 minutes ago, Quazza said:

"Isn't welcomed " ?? 

😂

I'm pretty sure as a warriors fan you know DLO isn't good for the franchise ;)

19 minutes ago, freddo said:

wherever you go lord, i'll be with you

I still dont like him in houston. Bad enough they got harden and westbrook taking 90% of the posessions, but a combination of house eric gordon pj tucker ben mclemore are still going to be there. I dont want to expect a 9 point a couple of stocks line on 3-6 shooting from covington on a nightly basis.

god it's going to be disgusting seeing him in a Rockets jersey

HOUSE HOUSTON IS NOW BLESSED WITH THY LORD!!! KEEP THY FAITH! 

Not sure about 3s/pts, but I think rebounds go down, steals go up as he plays more of a wing defender rather than a power forward. Overall I like it.

4 minutes ago, Ml6392 said:

Good or bad thing?

Pretty good. Less rebounds but probably more threes and most importantly more defensive stats as he can play his natural position 

• Like 1

Fast paced offense. Going to be jacking up a ton of 3s & guarding the best offensive wing on the opposite end. Can only be good for his #’s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are 2 sides to this guys.

More minutes easily, 30+ guaranteed for a contending team. No pure centre, more rebounds, maybe just a slight increase but more. More 3s, with attention around russ and harden, he should find himself open for more 3s, in an offence based on shooting 3s compared to the wolves' stagnant offence. More stocks, with more minutes comes more opportunities for stocks, along with the shoot early and often mentality houston has in stretches, should mean more plays for him to defend. %s will go up, guaranteed. He will be open for 80%+ of his shots, can only mean he hits more of his open looks instead of shot chucking at the end of shotclocks like he was doing at times in Minnesota.

However, he will lose usage as westbrook and harden are almost always on the floor (at least one of them). I dont see this as a big problem as he has never been a usage/shot creator guy, but it will affect little things like points and assists, which you dont have him for anyway. He WILL get random rest days as they save him for playoffs and they will want to make sure he is healthy. 

I think this makes Covington a top 40 top 30 guy the rest of the season, my prediction will be as follows
33 MINS 12.4 PTS 7.1 RBDS 1.1 ASSTS 1.9 STLS 1.1 BLCKS 3.1 THREES 43.5% FG 80.4% FT

Just a reminder, this is a prediction, but i think a fairly logical one. Don't quote me on this if he ***** the bed and doesnt live up to the hype as i am self conscious and want you guys to like me. 

Praise be unto thy LORD.

Houston, we have a covington.

• Like 5