pyro7

Robert Covington 2019-2020 Outlook

15 minutes ago, yung_fetty said:

The Lord jokes are fun and all and I’m definitely aboard the train but ya’ll sound like a bunch of circlejerkers when you offer no analysis

Watch some games and add some insight ya chumps

Thank you! I also find it odd that people are still going nuts over this guy. In my points league he's currently sitting at #102 in the rankings. 102! Now I understand that he's only played in 4 games which hurts that a little, but still. Bryant and Zeller have also only played 4 games and theyre still ranked in the top 45 despite that. And this isn't anything new, as atleast in this format, he's NEVER been a top notch fantasy player. He's always been just OK. And so far this year, he's less than that not even getting 30 fantasy points a night. In fact he's at only 24 which is WW material in a 10 team points league

29 minutes ago, yung_fetty said:

The Lord jokes are fun and all and I’m definitely aboard the train but ya’ll sound like a bunch of circlejerkers when you offer no analysis

9 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

Thank you! I also find it odd that people are still going nuts over this guy. In my points league he's currently sitting at #102 in the rankings. 102! Now I understand that he's only played in 4 games which hurts that a little, but still. Bryant and Zeller have also only played 4 games and theyre still ranked in the top 45 despite that. And this isn't anything new, as atleast in this format, he's NEVER been a top notch fantasy player. He's always been just OK. And so far this year, he's less than that not even getting 30 fantasy points a night. In fact he's at only 24 which is WW material in a 10 team points league

Y'all peasants don't deserve the Lord's grace begone ye heathens I say begone

Edited by KingDURANTULA
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

Thank you! I also find it odd that people are still going nuts over this guy. In my points league he's currently sitting at #102 in the rankings. 102! Now I understand that he's only played in 4 games which hurts that a little, but still. Bryant and Zeller have also only played 4 games and theyre still ranked in the top 45 despite that. And this isn't anything new, as at least in this format, he's NEVER been a top notch fantasy player. He's always been just OK. And so far this year, he's less than that not even getting 30 fantasy points a night. In fact he's at only 24 which is WW material in a 10 team points league

Point league is another world,Lord is more useful in 9 cat than point league

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, kane said:

Point league is another world,Lord is more useful in 9 cat than point league

Even in that I'm not seeing it. Has a total of 7 stocks in 4 games. And only 4 assists total in 4 games. He's not exactly a 20-10 guy either. Not even close actually. I'm just not seeing how he can be dominant in that either. 

in 28 games for min last year :
% 43/77
2.5 3s/14.5 pts/5.7 reb/1.5 assist/2.3 steal/ 1.1 blk 

Discussing  analytics in this church feels sterile. Back to the songs of worship! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

OH THY LORD GIVETH!!!

Just now, StifleTower2 said:

Pretty good line 😂

it's against no def wizards

Just now, kane said:

it's against no def wizards

Well at the end of my roto league when the standings are tallied up it’s not going to include strength of opponent as a cat. 

• Like 3

No defense team so easy stats and no minutes from second half of 3rd quarter and 4th. I need to see him produce in a meaningful game cause this does not count.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, yung_fetty said:

you must be new here.

anyway, Lord blessed us today with 20 points @ 70% with 3 3s and 2 blocks

#blessed

• Like 1

next game against Bucks and Giannis is the real test for Lord

Um lord has sucked so far. He was drafted high and is playing like a lower level player. f--- it im a Satanist until he does something consistently and KAT being away todat and next game dont count.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot

RoCo is a streaky player.  He has cold streaks and he goes on ridiculous hot streaks.  In the end the good far outweighs the bad (unless he gets hurt ofc). 

• Like 2

Where he was drafted/how much he cost is subjective to your league.  In most 12 team leagues he wasn’t drafted until the 4/5th round and he’s produced top 75 value.  There are way bigger flops than him.  Also, yes stocks are streaky.  His points, threes, rebounds are up to standard.  The only thing missed is the stocks.  Like I said he puts together a string of good stocks games, and I bet by the 15% of season mark he’s at his ADP.  

Hopefully his minutes start to trend up. 25 mpg through 5 games is preventing him from being the stocks monster we know.

1 hour ago, GriffeySwag said:

Hopefully his minutes start to trend up. 25 mpg through 5 games is preventing him from being the stocks monster we know.

Yep. If there's any concern here it's the minutes. He's logging the least since his rookie year.

Looking over at his game logs, his low minutes are byproducts of blowouts. They blew out the game against Charlotte, while the 76ers blew them out. He had low minutes in the game awhile ago too due to blowout, but he probably benefited from the lack of defense. The two games which he had solid minutes were close ones, like the one against Heat and Brooklyn. If you're looking at the statlines of those games, they were actually good ones. Sprinkle some stocks, and they're vintage Covington. Just continue to believe.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, ThisIsSparta said:

Looking over at his game logs, his low minutes are byproducts of blowouts. They blew out the game against Charlotte, while the 76ers blew them out. He had low minutes in the game awhile ago too due to blowout, but he probably benefited from the lack of defense. The two games which he had solid minutes were close ones, like the one against Heat and Brooklyn. If you're looking at the statlines of those games, they were actually good ones. Sprinkle some stocks, and they're vintage Covington. Just continue to believe.

Let's hope that's the case. Wiggins and Towns are both still averaging 31+ minutes even with the blowouts.

• Like 1

I am not worried about the minutes. He's coming off a knee surgery from this summer. I would much prefer that they roll him out slowly rather than risk getting him hurt again. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

Let's hope that's the case. Wiggins and Towns are both still averaging 31+ minutes even with the blowouts.

Exactly. I'm a bit worried Saunders is viewing Cov as a more matchup dependent player as opposed to being a premium option at both the 3 and 4. I think Covington will produce fantastic lines either way, but fantasy owners might not get the optimal lines.

It's early ofc, just something to keep an eye on.