mulleteer

Matthew Stafford 2019 Outlook

13 hours ago, Cleanface said:

Thinking about picking him up and playing over Goff and Winston + holding ROS over Winston.

Anyone else rolling Stafford out consistently??  Thoughts on this weekend and ROS (2 x CHI before week 13)??

I'm rolling him out over Goff, my logic is the bye week was good for the lions and they come out fresh and ready for GB as tough as they are in that secondary. Whereas Goff he been stinking it up against not so tough matchups and has little protection these days, also after seeing what SF (bosa) did to the Browns, im definitely more worried about Goff than Stafford.

Thoughts?

On 9/29/2019 at 12:04 PM, Tenner said:

Kyle Allen is whispering in my ear. 

I played him the last two weeks, and regrettably so. I'm actually playing Stafford over Allen. I like the volume of Stafford. He can throw two picks but also put up 350 passing yards and a few TD's. Allen just seems to be managing the game, nothing more.

Contemplating between Jimmy G and Stafford this week. Anyone worried about the Lions/Packers game being really slow paced with both teams running the ball a lot? 

13 minutes ago, josheggers said:

Contemplating between Jimmy G and Stafford this week. Anyone worried about the Lions/Packers game being really slow paced with both teams running the ball a lot? 

SF is a running team, Jimmy is too turnover prone with his lack of solid WR options.  Not enough volume also.

• Like 1

A QB1 rest of season. Having his best season yet and some cake defenses on the schedule. Even the bears defense looks beatable with how bad their offense is. 

• Like 1

This week’s performance was a nice bonus for those of us forced to start him. He was ranked outside the top 15 even with byes, and put up one of the best performances. He’s a good QB to pair with another low-end or volatile QB like Winston. Stafford May throw more in the near future if Johnson is out. 

Value of Stafford ROS?  ...]

Stafford is slinging it, had had his bye and the schedule isn't too bad outside of the Chicago games.  And they'll probably be throwing to score in the red zone with no real running threat.  On the flip side, maybe the lack of running game hurts Stafford?

They seem to be more aggressive on offense this year though which is helping.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

Just now, tts42572 said:

Value of Stafford ROS?  How would you compare him to say Wentz?

I've got Wentz currently and not in love with his schedule over the next month.  He does have a pretty good fantasy playoff schedule.

Stafford is slinging it, had had his bye and the schedule isn't too bad outside of the Chicago games.  And they'll probably be throwing to score in the red zone with no real running threat.  On the flip side, maybe the lack of running game hurts Stafford?

They seem to be more aggressive on offense this year though which is helping.

Stafford is in the perfect fantasy storm IMO.

Talented guy, solid line, good receiving options, no running game, no defense.

He just needs to capitalize.

• Like 1

leeg winning savior for those bit by injury or lackadaisical efforts thus far. 

the (once chubby) kid will finish top 3 from here on out (weeks 8-16), and top 5 for the season. 

🏪

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 9:28 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

leeg winning savior for those bit by injury or lackadaisical efforts thus far. 

the (once chubby) kid will finish top 3 from here on out (weeks 8-16), and top 5 for the season. 

🏪

😲

I love his matchup against Raiders this week, but now I'm hearing from some sports gamblers that Stafford has the flu and isn't feeling great.  

I can't find this information on the internet.

Anyone have any insight?

I live in the Metro- Detroit area and yes, he is not feeling well. His voice sounded like crap 2 days ago. Doesn't mean he wont be feeling better come Sunday though.

• Like 1

"I started feeling not so good before the game [against the Giants] and I've just been kind of hanging on, but it should be good by next Sunday," he said. "Don't worry about it."

"I think I'm playing OK," he said. "There's always room for improvement. I always want a couple throws back, but just trying to keep us scoring points. That's the biggest deal."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001071562/article/matthew-stafford-wont-let-illness-break-start-streak%3fnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Daround-the-league%3Bteam%3Ddet%3Bconf%3Dnfc%3Bdvsn%3Dncn%3Bplyr%3Djohn_stafford%3Bplyr%3Dphilip_rivers%3Bplyr%3Daaron_rodgers&p.ct=Around%2bthe%2bNFL&p.adsm=true&p.tcm=%23fff&p.bgc1m=%230964bf&p.bgc2m=%23053a74&sr=amp

• Like 1

Another big week for Stafford. Now leading the league in passing yards / game. Bears are a tough matchup but the fact that the lions can’t run the ball and the bears excel at stopping the run makes me think Matthew will be forced again to air it out. Expecting a moderate fantasy effort 250 1/2TDs

Not a good matchup this week but I expect him to be very productive ROS. Has a very good arm, very good weapons, and you don't have to worry at all about RBs scoring. Then you add in they're generally in shootouts and he plays in a dome and it's essentially the perfect fantasy situation. 

Just now, WayneFontes said:

Matchup proof. Expect 300 yards and 3 scores against the fading Bears.

::cosign::

Bears are a hot frickin' mess right now, and that defense is not as ferocious as a result. 

the (once chubby) kid is on a serious heater, man (Oakland end game notwithstanding) ... smoke 'em if ya got 'em 🚬

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

::cosign::

Bears are a hot frickin' mess right now, and that defense is not as ferocious as a result. 

I'm just saying, the numbers do not "bear" that out, at least when it comes to pass defense.

They've still allowed only 8 passing TDs this season, tied for 6th least, with 5 picks.  The Eagles passing game may be a paper tiger but they still held them in check pretty well, Ertz saved the day but in a lot of respects they block and catch better than Detroit.

November in Chicago...count me out.  I hope I'm as wrong with this as I was with Murray last Th, and he blows up on the bench, but I'm streaming.

2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I'm just saying, the numbers do not "bear" that out, at least when it comes to pass defense.

They've still allowed only 8 passing TDs this season, tied for 6th least, with 5 picks.  The Eagles passing game may be a paper tiger but they still held them in check pretty well, Ertz saved the day but in a lot of respects they block and catch better than Detroit.

November in Chicago...count me out.  I hope I'm as wrong with this as I was with Murray last Th, and he blows up on the bench, but I'm streaming.

that Bears team is on life support atm ... full on dreck mode. 

re: the Iggles - they don't have anyone even remotely close to gamebreaking freaks like Kenny G and MJJ  ... think this is a much safer spot for the (once chubby) kid than most are allowing 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

that Bears team is on life support atm ... full on dreck mode. 

re: the Iggles - they don't have anyone even remotely close to gamebreaking freaks like Kenny G and MJJ  ... think this is a much safer spot for the (once chubby) kid than most are allowing 🤷‍♂️

Maybe not at receiver (although time was you could count on Alshon to win jump balls against some good corners), but Ertz is a good weapon to have and I think their pass blocking is better...I digress.

The Bears obviously have problems, however they still have a ton of talent on the defensive side of the ball.

Mack, Fuller, Jackson, Smith, Goldman, Trevathan, Clinton-Dix, Amukamura...these guys can ruin your day.  Particularly when they are PO'ed at home and the winds are swirling off Lake Michigan.

I don't like it Lars.  Not one bit.  But I wish you luck, hope I'm wrong, and will see you in week 11.

• Thanks 1

David Blough SZN... 

I don't know how you start any Lion against the Bears D if Stafford sits. 

1 hour ago, gufomel said:

Sounds like a coin flip he suits up. I've already went ahead and dropped Prater for Boswell as a result of this. Adjust your rosters or at the very least, have a back up plan in place just in case Stafford sits out.