jay14bay

Buddy Hield 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

This is on the coaching staff though. Luke Walton is a joke of a coach. Only he would want a slow pace with this young, athletic team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

He's so bad Cory Joseph is playing over him in the 4th and OT, ouch


Only a moron of a coach would do that.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had some very interesting comments after the game, some pretty blunt shots taken at the coaching staff. The team is frustrated. Something is going to have to give sooner or later if they dont start winning soon. Vlade and Vivek dont exactly strike me as the types to sit on their hands as their team self-destructs. 

 

Damn. He took shots on his teammates as well "everyone getting scored on, so you have to come up with a different excuse for me...everyone is missing shots".

 

Edited by justaguy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I benched him yday and surprisingly I went up in fg. Something is wrong on that team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maxim730 said:

Lot of individual talent on this team but can't win together.  

 

They have talent.. but a bunch of 2nd and 3rd tier ones which won't get any team far in this league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soooo stoked.   I traded him and Rozier for Derozan and Morant the other day.  There was no way I was gonna stick with him any longer after he threw his teammates and coaches under the bus after he played like absolute garbage.  Horrible fantasy player, and apparently a horrible person too.

 

I'm finally free!!! 🙌✌️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, sld12 said:

Soooo stoked.   I traded him and Rozier for Derozan and Morant the other day.  There was no way I was gonna stick with him any longer after he threw his teammates and coaches under the bus after he played like absolute garbage.  Horrible fantasy player, and apparently a horrible person too.

 

I'm finally free!!! 🙌✌️

 

You should get that story published 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another game with 5 threes. I’ve honestly started to form my team around his high 3 cat. He’s basically a waste if you’re punt 3 but if you have a few other guys who can get 2.5-2.8 a game you can usually stream a 3s guy to boost it further. Even when he lays duds he usually keeps the threes even if it’s on horrible percentages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Portis4Potus said:

Another game with 5 threes. I’ve honestly started to form my team around his high 3 cat. He’s basically a waste if you’re punt 3 but if you have a few other guys who can get 2.5-2.8 a game you can usually stream a 3s guy to boost it further. Even when he lays duds he usually keeps the threes even if it’s on horrible percentages. 

 

I am currently playing him with Kemba Walker and Jordan Clarkson. No complaint so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PascalSiakam said:

lol got benched again.  What is he gonna say after the game?

Luke Walton doing Luke Walton's bulls***t things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ahtech said:

Luke Walton doing Luke Walton's bulls***t things.

Except they came back and won the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Benched because he’s a pylon on D. Needs to stop running his mouth and learn from guys like Cory Jo and Ariza on what defense is 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, how are things looking for Hield outside of getting benched? Would you say he's a shutdown candidate for whatever the ******** reason they can come up with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MysticPeak said:

Guys, how are things looking for Hield outside of getting benched? Would you say he's a shutdown candidate for whatever the ******** reason they can come up with?

 

What? No way.  The kings will fight tooth and nail to make the playoffs. Even if they are mathematically out, I can see them trying to win as many games just to save face (Vlade, Vivek, and Walton). Buddy won't get shut down and the fact that Walton has gone with lineups not including buddy to close a few games is just a matter of over-coaching.  Walton is a horrible coach as we have seen since his awful record as HC since taking over the lakers.  I am too lazy to look it up but I am sure it is well, well below .500.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jay14bay said:

 

What? No way.  The kings will fight tooth and nail to make the playoffs. Even if they are mathematically out, I can see them trying to win as many games just to save face (Vlade, Vivek, and Walton). Buddy won't get shut down and the fact that Walton has gone with lineups not including buddy to close a few games is just a matter of over-coaching.  Walton is a horrible coach as we have seen since his awful record as HC since taking over the lakers.  I am too lazy to look it up but I am sure it is well, well below .500.

Is his 41% FG a thing this season? Slump from frustration, or? 

 

Would you say it’ll get better from here on?

Edited by MysticPeak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MysticPeak said:

Is his 41% FG a thing this season? Slump from frustration, or? 

 

His poor fg% is undoubtedly resulting from a much poorer overall Kings offense.  This is due to multiple factors. For one, Coach Walton is having them play at a much slower pace, where Buddy thrived last year in transition getting open looks. Now they are somewhere near last in the league pace. And in the half court, Buddy (and Bogi) have been asked by Walton, presumably, to create shots for themselves and others, where that is clearly not Buddy's strength. Way too many possessions are just buddy dribbling for 10 seconds before taking a contested shot. Think if Klay didn't have Steph, Draymond or KD to create his looks and instead had to get his own threes off the dribble. Now some of that offensive scheme is due to Fox being out for parts of the season, and general lack of playmakers on the Kings, but I put more blame on Walton.  And of course, Buddy has missed some relatively good looks that I think he wishes he could have back but that's just variance. 

tldr, IMO this is about the FG% I expect from Buddy unless Walton is gone or changes his scheme, with a chance for slight increase.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

😐

What the hell are you doing, Luke? Taking a sledgehammer to the chemistry and goodwill this core developed last year. 

 

What a joke. As someone with Buddy on his team, I really hope he gets traded. There is clearly bad blood between himself and Luke the clown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, justaguy said:

😐

What the hell are you doing, Luke? Taking a sledgehammer to the chemistry and goodwill this core developed last year. 

 

What a joke. As someone with Buddy on his team, I really hope he gets traded. There is clearly bad blood between himself and Luke the clown

Lol what chemistry they’ve lost game after game and Buddy is one of the worst defenders in the nba. This move was a long time coming

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.