jay14bay

Buddy Hield 2019-2020 Outlook

Because he is Natural Born Bench Player. NBBP! 

7 hours ago, indigorivers said:

Under no circumstances do I want this guy starting. This guy has been on absolute fire since coming off the bench

You guys got his splits? starter vs off the bench

1 hour ago, simon said:

You guys got his splits? starter vs off the bench

Fosho

Career PER 36:

Starter: 20,7PPG / 5,5REB / 2,9AST / 0,83STL / 0,33BLK

Bench: 19,8 / 5,4 / 2,6 / 1,39 / 0,41

Shooting:

Starter: FG% .438 / 3P% .401 / TS% .561 / FT% .859

Bench: .454% / .426% / .572% / .880%

Better shooting across the board as bench player, minimal difference in popcorn stats and stocks better off the bench. Surprisingly small difference between early career Bench Buddy and Full Confidence Starter Buddy for points, assists and rebs. I'm sure that difference is non existent now, prolly advantage BENCH even. Buddy used to be stock guy early and not so much in Sacramento anymore so that explains a  bit those steals.

But still. Buddy from bench is GOLD!

• Thanks 2

Kings want to turn him into a glorified bench player. Kinda feel bad for Hield since he's become the scapegoat in this disastrous season. They seriously need to gut the front office if they really want to make any real progress. Divac is by far one of if not the worst GM in the league.

• Like 1

can't believe he's coming off the bench and playing limited minutes for no reason after what he did last year. 

They really screwing him over with this BS... Disgrace to give him only 19-20 minutes. DISGRACE!

I dont understand the outrage over his reduced minutes....he is playing way better in 20-25 minutes off the bench than he was 35 minutes as starter. Fg% is up and tos are way down, steals are somewhat reliable and it's only at a marginal hit to his points/assists. He is still giving you 3+ 3PM/game reliably, which is why you drafted him. 

I seriously do not understand the anger over his bench role. I was skeptical at first because I felt like the move would seriously affect chemistry, but he has been playing so much more efficiently. 

Edited by justaguy

Going against team's 2nd units definitely helps. I think people are mostly reacting to the 19 mins he got last game. 

Edited by orlgln

1 hour ago, justaguy said:

I dont understand the outrage over his reduced minutes....he is playing way better in 20-25 minutes off the bench than he was 35 minutes as starter. Fg% is up and tos are way down, steals are somewhat reliable and it's only at a marginal hit to his points/assists. He is still giving you 3+ 3PM/game reliably, which is why you drafted him. 

I seriously do not understand the anger over his bench role. I was skeptical at first because I felt like the move would seriously affect chemistry, but he has been playing so much more efficiently. 

I'm more annoyed with the fact that this was Waltons doing. He set him up to fail basically. Hield was taking on too much of the responsibility as a ball handler when it is clearly evident that he excels more as an off the ball shooter and because he failed to reach those expectations he got "punished" for it, through no fault of his own. This whole mess could've been easily avoided if they had just stuck with what they had going last year.

Edited by sharkpotato
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkpotato said:

I'm more annoyed with the fact that this was Waltons doing. He set him up to fail basically. Hield was taking on too much of the responsibility as a ball handler when it is clearly evident that he excels more as an off the ball shooter and because he failed to reach those expectations he got "punished" for it, through no fault of his own. This whole mess could've been easily avoided if they had just stuck with what they had going last year.

Well they were kinda forced to with injuries to Fox and Bojan.

18 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Well they were kinda forced to with injuries to Fox and Bojan.

He was still handling the ball more than the previous year even when both guys were healthy. 2.10 dribbles per touches from season opener to the time Fox went down. Compared to last year at 1.75. 

Obviously that number exploded to 2.89 since Fox went down.

And here's the other thing. Them getting injured is not Hields fault. And yet they decided to scapegoat him as a big reason why they've been disastrous all year. This is on Walton (and the front office now I might add)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkpotato said:

He was still handling the ball more than the previous year even when both guys were healthy. 2.10 dribbles per touches from season opener to the time Fox went down. Compared to last year at 1.75. 

Obviously that number exploded to 2.89 since Fox went down.

And here's the other thing. Them getting injured is not Hields fault. And yet they decided to scapegoat him as a big reason why they've been disastrous all year. This is on Walton (and the front office now I might add)

When did they blame him, him as 6th man helps them. They were coming from 6 and 8 game losing streaks and had to switch it up. Making them 4-2 in their last 6. Also on top of that, they may be showcasing bogdan a lil bit in the process because they probably wont be able to pay him next season.

Miami playing that stupid zone defense helped tonight.

BUDDY LÖÖÖÖÖÖÖV! 

I'm on board with Buddy despite Luke Walton. He's been playing well as of late and they've been winning their games too. Let's see if we can see some sustainability and of course consistency with the minutes.