ArtistPain

Brian Hill 2019 Outlook

9 hours ago, CharlesHustle said:

Guy is not that good but not a bad volume play. I mean 10-12 points a week is worth something I guess

I wouldn't start Hill next week vs. Tampa Bay but I think he'll make a fine 1 week filler this week because Carolina's run defense is pretty bad.  Plus as stated he'll catch more passes out of the backfield with Austin Hooper out.  I view him as a borderline rb2/rb3 in standard this week but a mid to high end rb2 in PPR.

17 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I wouldn't start Hill next week vs. Tampa Bay but I think he'll make a fine 1 week filler this week because Carolina's run defense is pretty bad.  Plus as stated he'll catch more passes out of the backfield with Austin Hooper out.  I view him as a borderline rb2/rb3 in standard this week but a mid to high end rb2 in PPR.

ROS outlook while your making prediction in here?  

7 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

ROS outlook while your making prediction in here?  

Devonta Freeman will be back in a couple of weeks so it depends on whether they want to let Hill be the main guy for the rest of the season to see if he can be the guy for the future or if they just have Hill take Ito Smith's role as a change of pace to Freeman.  Hill could be worthless/waiver wire fodder again or end up being a rb2/rb3 the rest of the season.

• Thanks 1

Alot of speculative talk that Freeman will be shut-down for the year. He signed a 6 year deal in 2017.  he will be getting $6 million over the next 3 years, and be a free agent in 2023.  Since signing this contract he has yet to look like his 2016 self, or stay healthy.  They are 2-7 and last place in the division.  As a Hill owner and someone desperate for a 2nd RB, I hope Hill takes this job by the nuts and holds it.

14 minutes ago, Thrill22 said:

Alot of speculative talk that Freeman will be shut-down for the year. He signed a 6 year deal in 2017.  he will be getting $6 million over the next 3 years, and be a free agent in 2023.  Since signing this contract he has yet to look like his 2016 self, or stay healthy.  They are 2-7 and last place in the division.  As a Hill owner and someone desperate for a 2nd RB, I hope Hill takes this job by the nuts and holds it.

This is the NFL it’s not all guaranteed. Falcons can cut him after this year and minimize the damage. 

3 minutes ago, tatddy said:

This is the NFL it’s not all guaranteed. Falcons can cut him after this year and minimize the damage. 

yea, I think 22 guaranteed.  hes already been paid 6 or so.  

Edited by Thrill22

Debating on flexing Hill this week. How confident are people in him versus Carolina? Can’t afford another hype train derailment like Chase “The next Kamara lol” Edmunds or Ty “Not so Kerryon” Johnson. 

• Like 1

Interesting notes from CbsSports Start/Sit column

You might remember Hill from the first preseason game -- he was the one outplaying Ito Smith. He didn't beat him on the depth chart then but has found playing time in Weeks 8 and 10, scoring a touchdown in each game and flashing some speed, agility, balance and notably some physicality on inside runs. It's not a bad combination for the 6-1, 219-pound back, though his pass protection is clearly a work in progress and could cost him some snaps. It's not wrong to believe he could be in line for a workload close to what Devonta Freeman has had -- around 16 touches. That should mean good things against a Panthers defense that's afforded 5.2 yards per carry and 11 touchdowns to running backs over its past five games. Almost any running back with that number of anticipated touches belongs in Fantasy lineups.

A lot of positives for sure, but issues with pass pro?

11 hours ago, nonstopfan said:

Interesting notes from CbsSports Start/Sit column

A lot of positives for sure, but issues with pass pro?

Probably the reason he was further back on the depth chart even though he looked better in the run game than Ito Smith. Hopefully he does decent in pass pro because he'll have much more value if he's not someone mostly in on 1st and 2nd down and short yardage who the defense can know its likely to be a running play if he's on the field. How is Barner in pass pro I wonder? I'm guessing the rookie Ollison who does very little in the passing game probably has pass pro issues too.  

I am playing Hill this week because I predict he will get the vast majority of RB snaps and touches against a Carolina team that has really struggled in run defense.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I am playing Hill this week because I predict he will get the vast majority of RB snaps and touches against a Carolina team that has really struggled in run defense.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

If there are pass protection issues that probably means you're going to see more of Barner than you'd prefer. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

spacer.png

Edited by yanksman
  • Haha 2

On 11/13/2019 at 7:35 PM, nonstopfan said:

though his pass protection is clearly a work in progress and could cost him some snaps. 

To who?

• Haha 2

On 11/14/2019 at 8:59 AM, LongBalls said:

If there are pass protection issues that probably means you're going to see more of Barner than you'd prefer. 

Then sit him. He's starting this week and got 21 carries last week. This isn't hard.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Then sit him. He's starting this week and got 21 carries last week. This isn't hard.

Thanks for the tips, Tips.

6 hours ago, K197040 said:

It's pretty simple.  If you're in a PPPP league, you sit him.

You don't understand. 

On 11/13/2019 at 2:21 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

Def disagree here, I am not thinking Hill is awesome, but ATL has always had room for 2 backs and PIT is a solo-dolo system. Hill could def carve out the old Coleman role and best case be a rock solid RB2 for ROS if they toss the towel in on Freeman.

Ty Johnson 2.0

This game looks like a trap.I think it will be a like TB/CAR week 6 with high scoring receivers (Julio/Ridley) and Hill the odd man out.

2 hours ago, hard1 said:

Dudes gonna get 2 this weekend book it

Let’s go Brian !!! I want to see the truth from him on Sunday. 80 all purpose yards & 2 tuddies incoming 

4 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

You don't understand. 

It seems like you’re the one that missed it.

14 hours ago, K197040 said:

It seems like you’re the one that missed it.

No I caught it. Points per pass protection leagues. Funny but you don't get it.