ArtistPain

Brian Hill 2019 Outlook

I’m pretty sure Brian Hill just told the world he doesn’t ever want to be good enough to be on anyone’s fantasy roster ever again. What a weird thing to tweet.

8 hours ago, Ruut6 said:

I’m pretty sure Brian Hill just told the world he doesn’t ever want to be good enough to be on anyone’s fantasy roster ever again. What a weird thing to tweet.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

He....doesn’t want to be good enough to be on someone’s fantasy roster?

• Haha 3

On 11/10/2019 at 5:05 PM, hard1 said:

Hill will surprise 

Greatest comment from a week ago. It was spot on. Didn't say he'd be good or bad, great or terrible. It just said, "Hill will surprise". Very accurate.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, owenmills said:

That's what you get for criticizing people's league winners

I still started him out of desperation because of the Freeman injury. 🙁

Not worried.  Even guys like Kamara and McCaffrey have bad games.   You can't just sit them.

Kamara just had a 20+ PPR game vs the Bucs.   Guess who Hill has this week?  Yep.  Zooooommmmm.

• Haha 2

Just now, devaster said:

Me too

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, devaster said:

A lot of us did and a lot of us also were critical. You just don't come off the practice squad and go 20/60, then be a great player all of a sudden. It has happened before, sure. But that's an exception to the rule. In every sport players fall through the cracks and become stars. But there are hundreds of NFL scouts that evaluate these players so we have a good idea of who has it and who doesn't. Hill has practice squad talent that can be a warm body if a team needs it.

5 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Not worried.  Even guys like Kamara and McCaffrey have bad games.   You can't just sit them.

Kamara just had a 20+ PPR game vs the Bucs.   Guess who Hill has this week?  Yep.  Zooooommmmm.

Yeah, but good luck with that. He couldn't even run on a team that is terrible against the run.

Just now, FitzMagic said:

A lot of us did and a lot of us also were critical. You just don't come off the practice squad and go 20/60, then be a great player all of a sudden. It has happened before, sure. But that's an exception to the rule. In every sport players fall through the cracks and become stars. But there are hundreds of NFL scouts that evaluate these players so we have a good idea of who has it and who doesn't. Hill has practice squad talent that can be a warm body if a team needs it.

I didn't think he was going to be a world beater but with Jones on bye and Monty with a Q, I thought he'd at least do enough against Carolina in PPR.   

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Yeah, but good luck with that. He couldn't even run on a team that is terrible against the run.

It was clear that Carolina's game plan was to limit Hill and force Ryan to pass. 

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

I didn't think he was going to be a world beater but with Jones on bye and Monty with a Q, I thought he'd at least do enough against Carolina in PPR.   

I thought he'd be a little more involved in the passing game. The shocker was he looked like he was running into a brick wall every time he rushed. Yet, I saw Barner rip off two pretty damn good runs right after him. It was kind of unbelievable what I was seeing. He looked worse than Peyton Barber.

• Like 1

This feels like a game where everyone benches or drops him and he goes off for 20+ points. Oh, and then he'll tweet about it to the fantasy community obviously. 

3 minutes ago, rag9876 said:

This feels like a game where everyone benches or drops him and he goes off for 20+ points. Oh, and then he'll tweet about it to the fantasy community obviously. 

Believe!

On 11/18/2019 at 7:34 AM, Ruut6 said:

He....doesn’t want to be good enough to be on someone’s fantasy roster?

Eh, he was probably just tired of taking s--- from angry fantasy players on twitter.  Most of us would be if put in the same position.

I started the guy and he hurt my team so I'm not exactly a fan, but if I were in the top 100 or so in the world at my profession and strangers were telling me I sucked all day, well, f--- em.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rag9876 said:

TB D

3rd fewest rushing TDs allowed

2nd fewest rushing yards allowed

37 total rushing yards to CMC

Allowed only one 100 yard rushing RB (week 9)

IF he was used at all in the passing game he'd be maybe be a low end FLEX due to volume. But he's not... averaging one rec per game.

Edited by martinjlm

Is anyone even thinking about rolling this "I don't care about your fantasy teams" 15 rush for 30 yard bum again? I would like to think he at least gets majority of the touches again.. even though that isn't promised and it sure isn't pretty.

I think I have to roll with him over a hurt Jordan Howard and waiver wire options like Benny Snell.. but I feel terrible about myself for having to do it. I don't think there is much good coming from playing him but I would love to hear any optimism for other desperate owners taking the Brian Hill plunge again. 

This is encouraging... I'm starting him. Could picture a TD, especially since he had one overturned last week.

Even after his Week 11 box score underwhelmed, Brian Hill remains RB2/flex playable versus Tampa Bay, whose once-impenetrable run defense has yielded 331 yards on 74 carries (4.47 YPC) to enemy backs in its last four games. With 16 touches, three targets, and 18 routes run on 60% of last week’s offensive snaps, Hill logged fantasy-viable usage at Carolina, while rookie Qadree Ollison fumbled on a fourth-quarter run and special teamer Kenjon Barner touched the ball twice on offense.

• Thanks 2