Sign in to follow this  
mocha4313

Dynasty Luck owner. Strategy now? WHIR 100%

So my time as a first year dynasty team owner is off to a great start with Luck going down.

I have Dak as my backup but Daniel Jones is my only other QB. I assume Luck is a safe drop at this point? And that his retirement is not just temporary?

The garbage trade offers have already started rolling in, as I was offered Kirk Cousins for my Hockenson and a 2nd round rookie pick and Jared Goff for my Miles Sanders, Parris Campbell and 3rd+4th round rookie picks.

Looking at my team, is it time to already start thinking about next year and selling off pieces or should I let the season roll for a while? Or make a move for a QB to try to still win now? I have been thinking of offering Cohen (to a team who has expressed interest) for Trubinsky and a 2020 second.

Otherwise, I have to cut Luck for one of the following options: (help now) Carr, Stafford, Foles or (stash for future) Lock, Rosen. Jacoby Brissett is also available. Any thoughts? Drop a link and WHIR 100%

My team as of now

QB: Luck

RB: Zeke, Mack, Miles Sanders

WR: Odell, Evans, Kupp

TE: Kittle

FLEX: Cooks, Tevin Coleman, Tarik Cohen

D- Browns

K: Gano

Bench

QB: Dak, Daniel Jones

RB: Darrell Henderson, Justice Hill, Mattison, Chase Edmonds, Ryquell Armstead, Rodney Anderson

WR: Courtland Sutton, Anthony Miller, AJ Brown, Parris Campbell, JJ Arcega Whiteside, Antonio Callaway, Miles Boykin

TE: Hockenson, Goedert

IR: Bryce Love, Hakeem Butler

If anything for now, I would drop him for Carr.  But, I would wait to be 100% sure Luck is gone first. 

• Thanks 1

I don't know enough about dynasty. I will say this.  If Zeke doesnt play you will struggle 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, spud said:

If anything for now, I would drop him for Carr.  But, I would wait to be 100% sure Luck is gone first. 

Any interest in Cohen for Trubinsky and a 2nd or rather just add Carr? Hesitant about going to sell mode before the season even starts but might be the play

Philip Rivers was just dropped. In my situation, is he worth the number 3 waiver? or should I wait and hope he clears? WHIR

7 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

Philip Rivers was just dropped. In my situation, is he worth the number 3 waiver? or should I wait and hope he clears? WHIR

I would use the number 3 waiver on him to make sure you got him otherwise get Carr if not sold on Rivers.

Help in return 

• Thanks 1

You have Dak and that will be OK. Just drop Luck for Carr and you will be secure in your QB for now and see how it goes in the beginning of the season. 

• Thanks 1

With so many QBs on the wire, I'd hold Luck as long as you can.  I have him, Watson, & Stafford in a dynasty league and will try to hold for as long as possible.  Seems like a slim chance, but he might come back in a year or two.

• Thanks 1

I'd pick up Carr and not burn the #3 waiver on RIvers. Carr will have a good season and finished last season playing better as he became more accustomed to Gruden's scheme. Carr and the Raiders playing well towards the end of last season few under the radar because everyone was ignoring them at that point.

Rivers is almost always my reliable #2 backup in redraft because everyone passes on him and he is often top-10 and found in the range of other QB2's. But Dak is in that same discussion imo. And it isn't worth blowing the #3 waiver on. Pick up Carr and hold on. Brissett is another option, but I don't know enough about him.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, devaster said:

I'd pick up Carr and not burn the #3 waiver on RIvers. Carr will have a good season and finished last season playing better as he became more accustomed to Gruden's scheme. Carr and the Raiders playing well towards the end of last season few under the radar because everyone was ignoring them at that point.

Rivers is almost always my reliable #2 backup in redraft because everyone passes on him and he is often top-10 and found in the range of other QB2's. But Dak is in that same discussion imo. And it isn't worth blowing the #3 waiver on. Pick up Carr and hold on. Brissett is another option, but I don't know enough about him.

So I take it you would not start selling off pieces for draft picks as of now?

6 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

So I take it you would not start selling off pieces for draft picks as of now?

Your team is in great shape if Zeke plays. If news of that changes then I'd consider looking towards next season.

• Like 1

I don't think Rivers is that much of an upgrade over Carr to use a #3 waiver on him.  If he clears, maybe.  I don't dislike, Dak, though - compared to those two guys.   

• Thanks 1