dudewithabadcat

Ty Johnson 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Are we seriously entertaining college midsession reviews now? Now let’s see the scouting review from the Lions who took him even though he wasn’t invited to the combine and almost nobody knew of him. Or better yet, let’s look at all the glowing Ronald Jones scouting reviews and ascertain how much they actually mean.

Well based on the limited film above with the Lions, I'm giving some credence to the comments about his change of direction.  

33 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Hmmm...he doesn't really make good hard cuts.  He kind of swerves while still going forward.

Only 2 runs but it kind of confirms this

Change of Direction - Poor. Added some mass into senior season and lost some body control accordingly. Struggles to drop his hips into hard redirects and requires multiple gather steps to collect his weight. Linear athlete who lacks elusive traits in head-up situations -- does not have much of a jump cut to his game at all.

I liked what I saw there. He looks decisive and gets what is blocked for him, doesn’t try to bounce everything to the outside. If a big hole opens up, look out, he’ll be gone. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Are we seriously entertaining college midsession reviews now? Now let’s see the scouting review from the Lions who took him even though he wasn’t invited to the combine and almost nobody knew of him. Or better yet, let’s look at all the glowing Ronald Jones scouting reviews and ascertain how much they actually mean.

Ironically, it seems like Jones isn't the worst comparison with Johnson. Both have a ceiling but I have no reason to add Ty in standards yet.

1 hour ago, pdizzle710 said:

- He gets a carry at 1:58 mark.

- Another at 2:14 mark.

KJ's TD looks flukey to me. I don't think he scores had he not bobbled that ball. The bobble gives his lineman time to make that block. 

• Haha 2

All he needs is a jheri curl and he'd have an Eazy E look going.

spacer.png

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

KJ's TD looks flukey to me. I don't think he scores had he not bobbled that ball. The bobble gives his lineman time to make that block. 

How is a touchdown flukey if he caught it? He caught it...what is he suppose to do..hit a euro step to make it look more sexy

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

We get it, you don’t think KJ is good.

I watched it again.  I think he bobbled it on purpose to confuse everyone and let the play develop.  Pretty rare ability imo.  I don't know that T.Y. has this skill.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Ironically, it seems like Jones isn't the worst comparison with Johnson. Both have a ceiling but I have no reason to add Ty in standards yet.

Ty has played basically one game in the NFL and looked quite good. Ronald Jones played every game last season and 2 this season and had one decent performance and 16 horrific ones. Jones cannot catch the ball at all. Ty is on this team because of his catching ability.  They are basically incomparable. Plus, Ty would leave Ronald Jones in a sprint like he was barely moving. Does any of this mean Ty will be great or not? Who knows. But ridiculous speed + catching ability means something in this league. You don’t have to have much ‘change of direction’ when they can’t catch you. Ask Dk Metcalf.

Edited by MrPositive
  • Like 1

When you say 'Change of Direction', is this what you are talking about?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Watitdookie said:

How is a touchdown flukey if he caught it? He caught it...what is he suppose to do..hit a euro step to make it look more sexy

Watch the play with an open mind. The bobble gave his lineman time to make the crucial block that sprung him free. He didn’t have to make anyone miss or break any tackle. 

2 hours ago, jsch08 said:

We get it, you don’t think KJ is good.

He’s unproven which is why I picked up Ty. Take your feelings out of this and pick up players who have a chance to take the starting role. 

13 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Watch the play with an open mind. The bobble gave his lineman time to make the crucial block that sprung him free. He didn’t have to make anyone miss or break any tackle. 

Ok...I actually watched it again.  You can kind of see Johnson smirk before he does the intentional bobble.  Pretty much confirms my earlier take.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Ok...I actually watched it again.  You can kind of see Johnson smirk before he does the intentional bobble.  Pretty much confirms my earlier take.

It’s okay you clearly don’t know what you’re seeing or are just intentionally being dishonest. 

Flukey things happen it’s part of the game. I’m just stating my opinion that he doesn’t score without that bobble.

Edited by ohio#1eaglesfan

8 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

It’s okay you clearly don’t know what you’re seeing or are just intentionally being dishonest. 

Flukey things happen it’s part of the game. I’m just stating my opinion that he doesn’t score without that bobble.

You’re right...I’m being dishonest.  I didn’t even watch the clip once.  This whole discussion is irrelevant.  Imo.  

Edited by K197040

Watch out. He’s got getting away from Goodell speed. 

40 minutes ago, K197040 said:

You’re right...I’m being dishonest.  I didn’t even watch the clip once.  This whole discussion is irrelevant.  Imo.  

Not to me. It’s part of passing the eye test. Had KJ caught it cleanly and made people miss/broke tackles on the way to scoring I’d give him more credit. I think any of Detroit’s RBs would’ve scored there, he had a clear path to the end zone. The bobble helped too 🤪

Edited by ohio#1eaglesfan

6 hours ago, pdizzle710 said:

- He gets a carry at 1:58 mark.

- Another at 2:14 mark.

You are the person this forum needs, thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, GoddardsTools said:

Dwayne Washington Hype 2.0

Finkle IS Einhorn

Not to me. It’s part of passing the eye test. Had KJ caught it cleanly and made people miss/broke tackles on the way to scoring I’d give him more credit. I think any of Detroit’s RBs would’ve scored there, he had a clear path to the end zone. The bobble helped too 🤪

Well...it’s debatable that the other RBs would have done the intentional bobble.

30 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

You are the person this forum needs, thank you.

So what did you think after you watched it.  I saw it negatively while someone else was encouraged by it.  I’m curious if I’m the minority on this.