dudewithabadcat

Ty Johnson 2019 Outlook

Assume this guy gets 3 percent of the carries..be surprised he gets 5 percent... assuming he get 30 to 40 percent is setting yourself up to be really disappointed... there can be no disputing this till we see how it shakes out...

10 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Assume this guy gets 3 percent of the carries..be surprised he gets 5 percent... assuming he get 30 to 40 percent is setting yourself up to be really disappointed... there can be no disputing this till we see how it shakes out...

For real? 

Perkins was signed off the street.

The only way Ty sees 3% of the carries is if Kerryon receives 97% and I'm 69% certain that over 50% of less than half of the people in this thread know the uncertainty of that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I hope you're not at work.

Boss: "Mr. dude, we checked your search history"

Dude: "uh..."

Boss: "why did you search for, "train boarding arse gifs"?

Dude: "uh...well you see...uh...well...you know fantasy football right...and there's this forum see...and we were talking about Ty Johnson..."

Me: and....like...you know the big lebowski when the cowboy at the bar says "sometimes you eat the bar (bear) and the sometime the bar (bear) eats you".  Well, I did this super awesome comment where I changed bear to train and added a funny little thing with parentheses.... *noticed I am just getting stared at and stops*

Boss: *stares at me menacingly despite the fact he is laughing out loud inside*

(to be fair....my boss is a VP and I am a Director and we just fart constantly....not sure how he would feel about my FFB "hobby" though)...

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Pretty sure he's already getting like 12-13%, and now with Anderson gone 25% isn't too far out of the realm of possibility

2 hours ago, ponchsox said:

He's a lotto ticket. I always have one on each team with my last bench spot. If you hit, you win your league. If not, you buy another ticket.

How is he a lotto ticket? They already have a very talented runner in KJ who they don’t use enough to be a top rb. What makes you think that would magically change if kerryon got hurt and ty took over?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

How is he a lotto ticket? They already have a very talented runner in KJ who they don’t use enough to be a top rb. What makes you think that would magically change if kerryon got hurt and ty took over?

Kamara was a winning lottery ticket once Peterson was gone.   KJ is like Peterson except he can catch.  And the offense isn't as good.  And the Ingram thing but I'm not sure how that fits in this analogy.   Plus the Saints had a better QB and system.   Not sure how the defense figures in or the schedule.

But a lottery ticket nonetheless.   Some tickets pay millions and others a few bucks.  Some not at all.

Edited by K197040
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

He's a three ball match lottery ticket.

There..that would have been a better answer.

18 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Kamara was a winning lottery ticket once Peterson was gone.   KJ is like Peterson except he can catch.  And the offense isn't as good.  And the Ingram thing but I'm not sure how that fits in this analogy.   Plus the Saints had a better QB and system.   Not sure how the defense figures in or the schedule.

But a lottery ticket nonetheless.   Some tickets pay millions and others a few bucks.  Some not at all.

KJ is like a 32 year old Peterson? Huh?

I am amazed at how long this thread has gotten. Reminds me of Corey Clement’s 2018 thread. This guy has value to KJ owners as a handcuff. People really think he has stand alone value at this point?

Edited by jsch08

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

For real? 

Perkins was signed off the street.

The only way Ty sees 3% of the carries is if Kerryon receives 97% and I'm 69% certain that over 50% of less than half of the people in this thread know the uncertainty of that.

My point temper expectations cause dudes on here acting like cat was just named the starting rb...so aim low be happy when he exceeds expectations... 

Paul Perkins wasn't anywhere in this equation dude sucks...

I agree that Perkins was signed for depth since they just dropped CJ.  But I think they were confident in Ty Johnson to move into CJ's role.  Perkins is basically taking Ty's role from week 1,2.  The upside is getting a bigger role ROS and Kerryon going down with injury. Its a free pick up and people are just having fun. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

KJ is like a 32 year old Peterson? Huh?

Exactly.  You've got it now.

Kindly had me your ticket to the Ty Johnson train.  No exit/re-entry. 

I think Kerryon's injury history is playing a big role in the hype.  Odds are he'll get one start this year and all the hypieness that comes with.

7 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Exactly.  You've got it now.

Kindly had me your ticket to the Ty Johnson train.  No exit/re-entry. 

I do have it now, you’re right. I don’t have to take your posts seriously. Thanks.

8 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

I do have it now, you’re right. I don’t have to take your posts seriously. Thanks.

Well, that's your choice and you do so at your own risk.

But you'll be missing out on my expertise on how to be a perpetually average fantasy manager. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Magoo said:

I think Kerryon's injury history is playing a big role in the hype.  Odds are he'll get one start this year and all the hypieness that comes with.

Agree with this.  But as opposed to Mattison/Cook, there's some other positive events to support Johnson.  He's getting some nice passing work already.  And they've cut Anderson.   I'm not buying that Perkins was brought in to be a significant piece.

Nobody knows what they're talking about. Clearly Perkins was brought in to be their RB1. TJ and KJ will be shipped out by sundown.

• Like 3

Worth a stash because if he performs well next week you're going to have to pay up for him. If he duds next week just drop him and pickup the next week's stash.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, devaster said:

Who isn't Kamara these days?

well...Stomp Mc(something).  I forget the full nickname. 

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

not wif Bilgewater he ain't 🤷‍♂️

My point. 

He asked the open-ended question and myself being the kind warm-hearted gentleman that I am felt obligated to answer it.

Please thank me later.  😉 

• Haha 1