dudewithabadcat

Ty Johnson 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, K197040 said:

 

Kamara was a winning lottery ticket once Peterson was gone.   KJ is like Peterson except he can catch.  And the offense isn't as good.  And the Ingram thing but I'm not sure how that fits in this analogy.   Plus the Saints had a better QB and system.   Not sure how the defense figures in or the schedule.

But a lottery ticket nonetheless.   Some tickets pay millions and others a few bucks.  Some not at all.

 Can we ban people from using the word “Kamara” in threads outside of the Alvin Kamara thread?

It really hinders having a real conversation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

 Can we ban people from using the word “Kamara” in threads outside of the Alvin Kamara thread?

It really hinders having a real conversation.

But Kamara...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The G Man said:

Not adding yet. Watching though. Closely. Very closely. 

Yeah he's def one to monitor, but as with most things it is very league specific. I drafted him with my 2nd last pick in two 16 teamers (and held)...but I have not even scooped him in my 14 and 12 teamers (yet)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is not exactly a lottery ticket at this point, going to have to pay up. I bid 11% in 12 leagues and only won him in 9.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, pepper11 said:

He is not exactly a lottery ticket at this point, going to have to pay up. I bid 11% in 12 leagues and only won him in 9.

what were the other 3 league bids? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, GoddardsTools said:

this better not be another Dwayne Washington train

Or Ryan Torain 

Edited by ponchsox
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did I miss something? Why are people creaming over the Lions backup rb?

Edited by ccimore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ccimore said:

Did I miss something? Why are people creaming over the Lions backup rb?

Yes the first nine pages of this thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Yes the first nine pages of this thread.

That doesn't explain to me why this thread is blowing up all of a sudden.  Just cuz CJ got cut?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ccimore said:

That doesn't explain to me why this thread is blowing up all of a sudden.  Just cuz CJ got cut?

To simplify: Yes

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They tried to get Malcolm Brown, then they added CJ(free agency) and Ty(draft). They clearly aren't too thrilled about KJ. Anything can happen in fantasy that's why we take these lotto tickets and drop away if they don't pan out. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ccimore said:

Did I miss something? Why are people creaming over the Lions backup rb?

 

First rotoworld hype train?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

They tried to get Malcolm Brown, then they added CJ(free agency) and Ty(draft). They clearly aren't too thrilled about KJ. Anything can happen in fantasy that's why we take these lotto tickets and drop away if they don't pan out. 

 

...........bwahahahahahahahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pepper11 said:

He is not exactly a lottery ticket at this point, going to have to pay up. I bid 11% in 12 leagues and only won him in 9.

Do you live in Detroit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

 

...........bwahahahahahahahaha

If this comment was a lake it would be the Great Salt Lake

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Johnson is going to surprise some you folks this weekend.i definitely expect big things from Johnson at the RB position for the Detroit Lions

Edited by goldpants77
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

If this comment was a lake it would be the Great Salt Lake

 

I actually think this guy looks decent in the few touches he’s gotten. Small sample size of course. I just find it hilarious this thread explodes overnight with most people thinking he overtakes KJ at some point. That is funny to me. Gotta love rotoworld.

This guy has value in deeper leagues as a lotto ticket and to KJ owners in shallower leagues. He’s probably one of the better cuffs since there could be some talent here and KJ’s got a violent running style. But statements like the Lions “clearly” don’t trust KJ and that KJ is a wasted pick after two weeks (especially after the highlight reel plays he put up in week 2) is hilarious.

This guy has no standalone value if KJ is healthy. Unless you can guess the week he gets the random touchdown or big play, then good for you.

Edited by jsch08

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ponchsox said:

Or Ryan Torain 

Lol the infamous Ryan... Torain


The legend of Torain was actually awesome but every time he broke out, he'd get seriously injured not long after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt Asiata 2.0

 

7000 pages in 3 days after Peterson got suspended for the year

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to figure out the hype as well.

OK, CJA was released, so that makes this guy the #2.

But Kerryon is still the #1 and is healthy.

Is everyone just excited that because Kerryon has an injury history, surely he will go down at some point, and thus let this other Ty become a league winner?

He's Malcolm Brown or Jaylen Samuels, only without the resume showing that he has done it before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CooL said:

I'm trying to figure out the hype as well.

OK, CJA was released, so that makes this guy the #2.

But Kerryon is still the #1 and is healthy.

Is everyone just excited that because Kerryon has an injury history, surely he will go down at some point, and thus let this other Ty become a league winner?

He's Malcolm Brown or Jaylen Samuels, only without the resume showing that he has done it before.

 

Except Malcom brown and samuels are on teams that maximizes the run game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kerryeon is NEVER going to be a bellcow. He’s way too injury prone and the Lions know it. Ty is going to play a lot actually, and has fresh legs. And after Minshew last night, I don’t think anyone cares about where you were drafted any longer haha 

Asiata was a bruising plodder. Ty is the fastest rb in the league that loves catching passes. Even comparing them is so mind boggling stupid. 

Edited by MrPositive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...