Nap Time

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

Scored the most points, had the best record. Just dropped 180 and lost by 1.8. Brutal. Not sure I’ll be back next year after this one. 

• Like 6

Same boat. Our league is full PPR and has some scoring bonuses but I was 300 points above second place and hadn’t lost in over two months. Put up over 220 points this week and still lost. Seriously considering calling it a career. I’ll never put together a better team than the one I just lost with. 

1 minute ago, Lost2Fumble said:

Same boat. Our league is full PPR and has some scoring bonuses but I was 300 points above second place and hadn’t lost in over two months. Put up over 220 points this week and still lost. Seriously considering calling it a career. I’ll never put together a better team than the one I just lost with. 

bad beats this week. a bunch of 30+ point scorers

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, aypeeone said:

Was down by 14 going into tonight with Kamara and Mack in standard. Felt pretty good. 

Was down by 4 and then Wilkins got that last td to kill my hopes 

oof. that's a rough one. i'm sorry. 

10 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Scored the most points, had the best record. Just dropped 180 and lost by 1.8. Brutal. Not sure I’ll be back next year after this one. 

Wow, this is really ironic. I came into this thread to post something, this was literally the first post I read, and it happens to be pretty much the same thing that happened to me. Top team all season on paper (also had most points and best record) and lost by 1.56. To add insult to injury, had the first Brees record-breaking TD not been called back due to a chintzy OPI call, I would have won. He had Kamara and Lutz, and after the play was called back there was a pass to Kamara for 7 yards (half-PPR), followed by a Lutz field goal. So what likely would have been 1 point turned into 4.2.

Edited by Idoolittle

11 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

seems to be a lot of that going around this week. not so many "my team didn't show up" a lot of "i scored a TON of points and just ran in to a team that scored a few more". really strange week with a bunch of random and not-so-random high scoring players. That Drake game will be brought up a lot going forward in future seasons. 

Edited by yossarian

Sportsline Live Scoring, had Misfits up 148.82-148.64 after Thomas' last catch, but adjusted to this shortly after, which ended up being the final score. Feeling a stat adjustment coming. 

scorr.thumb.png.1233ee3c4933610d03ea95202b2be116.png

Edited by jujus-jujubees
  • Thanks 2

This sure seems like the "my team wasn't good enough to make the championship" thread.

This year I can say without a doubt was the worst year for guys who went WR heavy. 

1st round borderline (So some of these guys fell to the early second, but all could have had an argument for at least late 1st round)

Odell Bust

Julio Bust

Adams Bust/Injured

Juju Bust

Hopkins got better but fairly MEH by his standards. 

Only Michael Thomas lived up to the 1st round pick. Been playing since 1998, and this year was just awful and lacked enjoyment. Seeing others chiming in with same sentiments. 

9 minutes ago, cs3 said:

This sure seems like the "my team wasn't good enough to make the championship" thread.

Then you fit right in 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, yossarian said:

seems to be a lot of that going around this week. not so many "my team didn't show up" a lot of "i scored a TON of points and just ran in to a team that scored a few more". really strange week with a bunch of random and not-so-random high scoring players. That Drake game will be brought up a lot going forward in future seasons. 

Yeahhhh Drake, julio, and Aj brown really put one on me. Dalvin Cook getting hurt was what cost me though. 

3 hours ago, jujus-jujubees said:

Sportsline Live Scoring, had Misfits up 148.82-148.64 after Thomas' last catch, but adjusted to this shortly after, which ended up being the final score. Feeling a stat adjustment coming. 

scorr.thumb.png.1233ee3c4933610d03ea95202b2be116.png

Oof, that's BRUTAL.

6 hours ago, youngrice said:

This will probably get deleted.  But jesus a certain MOD is on a power trip.  Thats all.

It's not a trip, it's a way of life lol. I swear he gets paid per post deleted/edited.

I said in the Winston thread I was hoping to get Perriman on waivers to stack them in the championship and it got edited out for "cool story bro." It's legitimate player strategy and it's championship week, only die hards are here anyway. 

• Like 2

this leeg and it's minions taking themselves so cotdamn seriously ... good lawd 😄

example 1 

the big to do/hoopla wif Brees breaking the TD record last night (which Brady may break this weekend, then back to Brees ... then back to Brady, etc) WHO GIVES A FUDGE? 

look, i'm not demeaning the accomplishment or Brees at all ... but just how "special" and "historic" they made it all seem ... as if it were akin to Hank Aaron in April of '74 breaking the Babe's 714 hr record ... now THAT was something that gripped the entire nation ... THAT was an earth shattering event. 

but Brees passing Peyton? not even worthy of a blip, nor is it anywhere even remotely significant in an historical sense.   was the same way when Emmit broke Payton's record (ha, how ' bout that ... two guys records broken, different spelling ... meh).

no one gives a chit 🤷‍♂️

example 2 

that doofus Rich Eisen on NFLN announcing the players selected to the leegs all time 100 man roster 😄

he's sooo damn solemn and reverential and earnest when revealing the players, as if he's divulging names that just perished in some air disaster or similar cataclysmic event ... DOOOOOD, GET THE FUDGE OVER YERSELF!

he's looong been a whipping boy of mine - an insufferable, pretentious li' dweeb ... almost as horrific as King D-Bag himself, Costas ... Eisen is taking the mantle and making it his own - once that pink-eyed jackarse twerp Costas retires, Eisen will have the KING NUMB NUTZ title all to his lonesome.

what sickening tripe we're spoon fed 'til we gag ... absolute schlock at it's purest. 

ENOUGH!

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Haha 1

Minor gripe as overall i've had a good year. In my 16 team PPR where valuable players are like gold dust i went against my usual thought process of picking up Perriman off waivers and took Allen Hurns instead because i listened to the Fantasy Footballers podcast telling us how **** he is, has a terrible catch rate etc while Hurns was facing the terrible Giants defense and Parker will likely be out. By the time i'd come to my senses (i've avoided Dolphins players like the plague in 6 leagues all season) somebody else had already picked up Perriman from free agency.

Naturally, i lost but Perriman would have given me the victory. It's one of the few decisions i've made this season where i can categorically say i made a "mistake". Most mistakes i can at least say my thought process was fine, even if the outcome was incorrect. This i can't.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mpat15 said:

This year I can say without a doubt was the worst year for guys who went WR heavy. 

1st round borderline (So some of these guys fell to the early second, but all could have had an argument for at least late 1st round)

Odell Bust

Julio Bust

Adams Bust/Injured

Juju Bust

Hopkins got better but fairly MEH by his standards. 

Only Michael Thomas lived up to the 1st round pick. Been playing since 1998, and this year was just awful and lacked enjoyment. Seeing others chiming in with same sentiments. 

Tyreek Hill was injured/ bust as well.

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

this leeg and it's minions taking themselves so cotdamn seriously ... good lawd 😄

example 1 

the big to do/hoopla wif Brees breaking the TD record last night (which Brady may break this weekend, then back to Brees ... then back to Brady, etc) WHO GIVES A FUDGE? 

look, i'm not demeaning the accomplishment or Brees at all ... but just how "special" and "historic" they made it all seem ... as if it were akin to Hank Aaron in April of '74 breaking the Babe's 714 hr record ... now THAT was something that gripped the entire nation ... THAT was an earth shattering event. 

but Brees passing Peyton? not even worthy of a blip, nor is it anywhere even remotely significant in an historical sense.   was the same way when Emmit broke Payton's record (ha, how ' bout that ... two guys records broken, different spelling ... meh).

no one gives a chit 🤷‍♂️

example 2 

that doofus Rich Eisen on NFLN announcing the players selected to the leegs all time 100 man roster 😄

he's sooo damn solemn and reverential and earnest when revealing the players, as if he's divulging names that just perished in some air disaster or similar cataclysmic event ... DOOOOOD, GET THE FUDGE OVER YERSELF!

he's looong been a whipping boy of mine - an insufferable, pretentious li' dweeb ... almost as horrific as King D-Bag himself, Costas ... Eisen is taking the mantle and making it his own - once that pink-eyed jackarse twerp Costas retires, Eisen will have the KING NUMB NUTZ title all to his lonesome.

what sickening tripe we're spoon fed 'til we gag ... absolute schlock at it's purest. 

ENOUGH!

You forgot to mention Steven A Smith. That guy is straight trash, all he does is talk over everybody and tries to act like a defense lawyer without the threat of contempt. 

Another season where everything went wrong at all the worst times. 

I am convinced that there is a conspiracy in the NFL! Shady refereeing, bogus calls and non calls, why are some plays reviewable and others not? It seems like it’s a legal way to say hey we want this team to lose but cover the spread bla bla bla. In almost every game I watch I recognize something is amiss and it’s usually at a critical point. FO NFL and Rodger Godell!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hell yes, my team just scored the highest points in both week 14 and 15. My team is blowing up just in time for playoffs.

Too bad I'm in the consolation bracket...

Edited by Elcapitan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lamar/CMC/Cook/Jones/Pats D owner best record, most points scored by a long shot. Choke in semis by single digits. Cook let me down big time.

Edited by Foppatosakic

5 hours ago, bangarrang said:

I said in the Winston thread I was hoping to get Perriman on waivers to stack them in the championship and it got edited out for "cool story bro." It's legitimate player strategy and it's championship week, only die hards are here anyway. 

Cool story bro

• Haha 1