Nap Time

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

5 hours ago, Foppatosakic said:

Lamar/CMC/Cook/Jones/Pats D owner best record, most points scored by a long shot. Choke in semis by single digits. Cook let me down big time.

Wow what was the score

I am happy that I did win the semi-final game, but it was not because of Amari Cooper and his 2. 9 points or Kenny Golladay's 7.4 points. 

On 12/13/2019 at 3:06 PM, Evilbooyaa said:

I have not logged into this website for over a year but came to say that I am down in the playoffs (after having a bye last week) by 80 points, 84 - 4, after last night's game. Tucker vs Jackson/Bell/Crowder.

As an update to this (for anybody who cares), I was down 148 - 135 before the Sunday night game with only Steelers D to go. CMac and fresh pick up (10 team league) Miles Sanders shouldered the load during the day (35+ pts each) while Robert Woods and Hunter Henry dropped eggs. Steelers D got me 10. Lost by 3 points against the Lamar Jackson outburst (opponent also had Winston on his bench lol). I would've won if I had put Christian Kirk or Darius Slayton (or picked up Brashad freakin Perriman) for Robert Woods.... or any TE that had any sort of a game.

Now fighting for 3rd place but dreams of big money are out the window.

1 hour ago, Evilbooyaa said:

As an update to this (for anybody who cares), I was down 148 - 135 before the Sunday night game with only Steelers D to go. CMac and fresh pick up (10 team league) Miles Sanders shouldered the load during the day (35+ pts each) while Robert Woods and Hunter Henry dropped eggs. Steelers D got me 10. Lost by 3 points against the Lamar Jackson outburst (opponent also had Winston on his bench lol). I would've won if I had put Christian Kirk or Darius Slayton (or picked up Brashad freakin Perriman) for Robert Woods.... or any TE that had any sort of a game.

Now fighting for 3rd place but dreams of big money are out the window.

brutal , sorry you lost.. you made the right plays...woods was on fire...must start. and henry is a top 5 TE. cant blame yourself. slayton got lucky with one TD. 

Needed 14 from Kamara, but it was not meant to be. Fitting that my last hopes of the season (as I’m sure many others were as well) would be on his shoulders  and he came up short. Just didn’t see any chance he would have a season like this. 

I was in first place in a money league for most of the season and finished the regular season with an 11-2 record.  I received a first round bye so naturally I thought I was sitting pretty to win it all.  I ended up playing the 6th place team so I thought I had it in the bag.  Wrong.  It seemed like every player in his lineup had the game of their lives and he finished with 160 half ppr points to my score of 114.  Now I'm in the 3rd place game trying to win $50 rather than playing for the $500 winner's prize.  Such is fantasy and it makes me really think: "Do I really want to put myself through this again next year?"  But alas I always come back for more to play again. 

Edited by sjm76

5 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I was in first place in a money league for most of the season and finished the regular season with an 11-2 record.  I received a first round bye so naturally I thought I was sitting pretty to win it all.  I ended up playing the 6th place team so I thought I had it in the bag.  Wrong.  It seemed like every player in his lineup had the game of their lives and he finished with 160 half ppr points to my score of 114.  Now I'm in the 3rd place game trying to win $50 rather than playing for the $500 winner's prize.  Such is fantasy and it makes me really think: "Do I really want to put myself through this again next year?"  But alas I always come back for more to play again. 

This is why I spread my odds this year. 8 team, all same settings, buy ins etc. 4 made do 1st round Champion ship, 3 left in Finals. 

18 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I really think I'm not going to be back for another year. The only reason I'm hesitant at all is because fantasy has been a good/fun way to keep in touch with friends that you dont see on a regular basis. But a combination of being very competitive and just getting sick of the luck factor have made it so i'm just not having fun anymore. I find fantasy putting me in a bad mood way too often. I also spend way too much time reading and watching about this stuff. All good and well if you're having fun and enjoying it as a hobby. But I find that I cant just play to have fun, I take it too seriously. And the fun part is out the window, I need to do well or its not worth the time investment. I can take losing, but if I lose due to bad luck, it completely sets me off. I find that I'll sometimes get a second wind and look forward to fantasy again, but it doesn't take long for something to happen that reminds me that this is hugely luck dependent and often times it's things that are completely out of your control that decide your fate. 

6 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

I really think I'm not going to be back for another year. The only reason I'm hesitant at all is because fantasy has been a good/fun way to keep in touch with friends that you dont see on a regular basis. But a combination of being very competitive and just getting sick of the luck factor have made it so i'm just not having fun anymore. I find fantasy putting me in a bad mood way too often. I also spend way too much time reading and watching about this stuff. All good and well if you're having fun and enjoying it as a hobby. But I find that I cant just play to have fun, I take it too seriously. And the fun part is out the window, I need to do well or its not worth the time investment. I can take losing, but if I lose due to bad luck, it completely sets me off. I find that I'll sometimes get a second wind and look forward to fantasy again, but it doesn't take long for something to happen that reminds me that this is hugely luck dependent and often times it's things that are completely out of your control that decide your fate. 

Yeah, something about fantasy football just keeps me coming back year after year.  It could be that I like a game of chance, it could be that I'm a big football fan not sure what it is but I'll probably be back again next year.

Edited by sjm76

On 12/17/2019 at 11:14 AM, Foppatosakic said:

Lamar/CMC/Cook/Jones/Pats D owner best record, most points scored by a long shot. Choke in semis by single digits. Cook let me down big time.

what? how? who did the other guy start? Kenyan Drake in all of his spots? 

On 12/17/2019 at 4:28 PM, BigTruss said:

I am happy that I did win the semi-final game, but it was not because of Amari Cooper and his 2. 9 points or Kenny Golladay's 7.4 points. 

The above two players are the reasons why I lost the semi and I'm now playing for a third place trophy. But, I'm not that ranty (that a word?) since my team had injuries and I drafted David Johnson and AJ Green (before he got "hurt.") So, I'll take the 3rd place trophy based on my up and down year.

My opponent should be ranting somewhere - I beat him by 4 - we had a classic shootout with 160+ meanwhile the other game was a tie in the 120's - but to beat him by 4 I received the ridiculous Philadelphia D touchdown and then Julio Jones, so many things led up to that TD, if Kittle doesnt fumble out of bounds, he might get first and ATL never gets the ball back, then the Hooper TD looked pretty good but gets overturned to no TD setting up the opp that Julio got that by inches scored.  Crazy....

4 minutes ago, parrothead said:

My opponent should be ranting somewhere - I beat him by 4 - we had a classic shootout with 160+ meanwhile the other game was a tie in the 120's - but to beat him by 4 I received the ridiculous Philadelphia D touchdown and then Julio Jones, so many things led up to that TD, if Kittle doesnt fumble out of bounds, he might get first and ATL never gets the ball back, then the Hooper TD looked pretty good but gets overturned to no TD setting up the opp that Julio got that by inches scored.  Crazy....

This actually happened in my league, the other divisions semi final. He was up by like 10 with Freeman versus Julio before that final drive. We were planning on not watching any Sunday games if we met in the final, then watching the red zone touchdown montage. 

3 hours ago, JSA2422 said:

This actually happened in my league, the other divisions semi final. He was up by like 10 with Freeman versus Julio before that final drive. We were planning on not watching any Sunday games if we met in the final, then watching the red zone touchdown montage. 

Although I will say Julio probably catches the ball for a TD and the yards and the catch that ended up PI and setting up the 1-yard fullback plunge 75% of the time, so Julio owners were a little unfortunate on that one. 

2 minutes ago, parrothead said:

Although I will say Julio probably catches the ball for a TD and the yards and the catch that ended up PI and setting up the 1-yard fullback plunge 75% of the time, so Julio owners were a little unfortunate on that one. 

Yeah that happens more frequently that most of us notice, to top that off, my buddy was HYPE as heck when that happened because he assumed Freeman had a free TD to seal the game. He also had Mostert going who got -2 on the lateral plays at the end of the game. What a bad way to lose in a semi lol. 

I hate that I made it this far to have to roll out "iffy" players because of injuries. On top of the fact that the guy in 8th place was able to pick up Boone off waivers (reverse order of standings) and I'm in the championship. I could go on but screw it, it's half luck anyway.

Preemptive rant - my opponent in the championship didnt have a great draft and snuck in the playoffs as the 6 seed. They beat two of the best teams in the playoffs, but both of those teams only scored 90 and 70, respectively (12 team 0.5 ppr scoring). Their team has a "waiver wire" type of team, but ALL of their players have way better matchups than mine. It sucks knowing i'm probably going to lose because my entire team has terrible matchups and literally their entire team has amazing matchups. Props to them for making it to the finals with a patchwork team, but everything about this just highlights how much luck is involved in this game. Might sound strange, but I'm very much looking forward to this being my last year, whether I get 1st or 2nd. Almost anyone can win at fantasy these days with all of the info available at our fingertips. Sure, competitive leagues are better but when everyone in your league is very good at fantasy, it pretty much comes down to player performance, highlighting again how much luck goes into it. I probably sound like a whiny beeotch but I guess I've had it with the luck factor when people legitimately act like they "called it" or "capped it" when the most obscene sequence of events had to happen for them to win. 

18 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Preemptive rant - my opponent in the championship didnt have a great draft and snuck in the playoffs as the 6 seed. They beat two of the best teams in the playoffs, but both of those teams only scored 90 and 70, respectively (12 team 0.5 ppr scoring). Their team has a "waiver wire" type of team, but ALL of their players have way better matchups than mine. It sucks knowing i'm probably going to lose because my entire team has terrible matchups and literally their entire team has amazing matchups. Props to them for making it to the finals with a patchwork team, but everything about this just highlights how much luck is involved in this game. Might sound strange, but I'm very much looking forward to this being my last year, whether I get 1st or 2nd. Almost anyone can win at fantasy these days with all of the info available at our fingertips. Sure, competitive leagues are better but when everyone in your league is very good at fantasy, it pretty much comes down to player performance, highlighting again how much luck goes into it. I probably sound like a whiny beeotch but I guess I've had it with the luck factor when people legitimately act like they "called it" or "capped it" when the most obscene sequence of events had to happen for them to win. 

I hear ya. Can be real frustrating when you make it so far just to realize how crappy your playoff matchups are. A few years back I started a new strategy because I got sick and tired of the same thing you’re talking about. I now pay close attention to players playoff schedules and opponents before I draft.  I even go as far as labeling some of 1st and 2nd rounders as DND(do not draft) regardless of who they are. Sometimes I’ll avoid entire teams because of playoffs. Simply because their playoff matchups stink. It has done wonders to my overall production and confidence if I make it to the playoffs. Every year I get ridiculed on some of these threads with statements like you shouldn’t be looking that far ahead. Or take best player available you can always trade him. Or too many things change between now and playoffs. Or you can never tell how a playoff matchup will play out before the season started. Or you can never tell how good a Defense will be that far into the season etc etc etc. Anyways over the course of the last few years I’ve found so many of these statements to be garbage and that keeping an eye on playoffs when drafting is glaringly advantageous. If you do come back next year give it a try. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

I hear ya. Can be real frustrating when you make it so far just to realize how crappy your playoff matchups are. A few years back I started a new strategy because I got sick and tired of the same thing you’re talking about. I now pay close attention to players playoff schedules and opponents before I draft.  I even go as far as labeling some of 1st and 2nd rounders as DND(do not draft) regardless of who they are. Sometimes I’ll avoid entire teams because of playoffs. Simply because their playoff matchups stink. It has done wonders to my overall production and confidence if I make it to the playoffs. Every year I get ridiculed on some of these threads with statements like you shouldn’t be looking that far ahead. Or take best player available you can always trade him. Or too many things change between now and playoffs. Or you can never tell how a playoff matchup will play out before the season started. Or you can never tell how good a Defense will be that far into the season etc etc etc. Anyways over the course of the last few years I’ve found so many of these statements to be garbage and that keeping an eye on playoffs when drafting is glaringly advantageous. If you do come back next year give it a try. 

Yeah but it’s hard to know the bad defenses when you are drafting in August. And a lot of things you said depend on how the season go. You need to get to the playoffs first before worrying about them. This whole game is luck anyway. Just look through the vent and rant thread about people who had amazing teams just to get wiped first round.

40 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Yeah but it’s hard to know the bad defenses when you are drafting in August. And a lot of things you said depend on how the season go. You need to get to the playoffs first before worrying about them. This whole game is luck anyway. Just look through the vent and rant thread about people who had amazing teams just to get wiped first round.

Not sure you understood my post. I said in the past I used to think getting to playoffs first then worry about it was the way to go. While that is certainly very important, my point was I now draft while keeping an eye on the playoff schedule. And yes research your DST’s much closer in August. 

• Like 1

Will Fuller is a pussy. I take full responsibility for thinking this vagina could actually make it through a game unscathed

• Like 2

Had lower waiver priority this week,  and I had Evans and Godwin.

Perriman picked up by my opponent over me...and he puts up 17 points this week

GD it.

Edited by Sivaro
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sivaro said:

Had lower waiver priority this week,  and I had Evans and Godwin.

Perriman picked up by my opponent over me...and he puts up 17 points this week

GD it.

Same exact scenario for me.  You figured when Evans went down you had the beneficiary in Godwin.  Then Godwin goes down.  Horrible luck. 

• Like 1