Nap Time

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

11 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

Incoming all the people saying this is their last year playing fantasy football and how it all luck... 

See you again in August lol.

It is all luck and yes they will be back. 

• Like 1

Win or lose.

Fantasy Football Makes every NFL game count, and makes it interesting to watch the whole season.   We all come back, because people like me that took time off ,  end up regretting it.   

No FF in your life takes away all the intrigue of the season, and I hate my home team, the Seahawks.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

It is all luck and yes they will be back. 

I’m ready to be hurt so good again next season.

Ever since winning 3/3 championships in one year I’ve gone like 0/9 in 3 years...yikes. Bragging brought karma!

Carson, Murray, DJ Moore, Henry (subbed him out but could have helped), Sutton, Hopkins - talk about misfortune. Despite them, could have had an 18 point lead going into tonight if I played Indy D over DEN. 

Up by 0.29 with Davante Adams and Aaron Jones to go, so that's a wrap for me.

4 hours ago, Sivaro said:

Win or lose.

Fantasy Football Makes every NFL game count, and makes it interesting to watch the whole season.   We all come back, because people like me that took time off ,  end up regretting it.   

No FF in your life takes away all the intrigue of the season, and I hate my home team, the Seahawks.

Could be worse. You could be a bears fan 

• Haha 1

My friend in our championship game only needed a combined 5 PPR points from Thielen and Boone...lost by 1 point. I'd probably quit forever if that was me right now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Ah yes. Just lost a standard scoring league by 2 because all those receptions by Adams didn't mean ****.

It's the only standard scoring league I'm in, and man do I hope it gets changed next year.

Image result for santa with beer gif"

Edited by DoYourJob

Once again I fall for the new bright shiny object.  Left Lindsey on my bench (19 points) for Boone (4 points).  I sat there and watched Devante Adams catch pass after pass.  But I still won.  Did I learn anything?  Probably not.  I'll fall for another sucker play next year.

• Like 1

Was down by 45 with Boone and Bailey vs Jones... at least I finished The Witcher on Netflix

• Haha 2

Lost by 2 points in one league tonight. Worst beat I've ever had in fantasy. Was up like 43 points going into tonight with Boone going, and the other guy had Devante Adams and Aaron Jones. If Dalvin Cook AND Alexander Mattison don't get hurt I never pick up Boone, and I win because every other flex option I had would've won me the trophy. I hate fantasy football so much. Can't wait for baseball where luck isn't nearly as much of a factor.

• Like 3

This was likely one of, if not, theee WORST offensive/defensive gameplans I have ever seen from a team in a long time...

A) How are you going to give up 13 receptions to Devante Adams? You would think that the first thing you'd look at in the film room is...."hey, who is their best receiver? How do we take him out of the game?" I don't care if he's catching little screen passes all night....Hmmmm, he's caught 6 screen passes already and has turned that into 50 yards...How about we play a little more agressive off the line instead of having Vikings CBs play 3-5 yards off every single time.

B. How pathetic that offensive game plan was... I knew that when they went for a 30 yard pass on 4th-and-2, near mid-field, that they had absolutely no idea what the f they were doing...I'm not even mad at Thielen, or Boone, or Diggs....That game plan was horrid, and its the sole reason why the Vikings will never, ever, make it to a super bowl.

They're a team that plays well against s---y teams, but whenever they play against someone in a big game or an opponent who has a good record, they crumble.

#adaptordie.

1 minute ago, RustyMiller said:

Here's probably why...

They’ll be talking about 2019 Mike Boone 20 years from now in fantasy circles. 

• Haha 3

Makes no sense to even bench Boone. I want to know why but he's just a third stringer. What did he do so poorly that caused benching? There was nowhere to go on these runs. Just looking for a scapegoat when cousins was the real issue 

Haha. Barring a stat correction lost by half a point. Was up 26 going into the game with Boone vs Aaron Jones. Guess that’s what happens when you put your faith in a backup. 

37 minutes ago, newyork2la said:

Haha. Barring a stat correction lost by half a point. Was up 26 going into the game with Boone vs Aaron Jones. Guess that’s what happens when you put your faith in a backup. 

Ironically Aaron Jones was once a 3rd string back up 

• Haha 1

Not for me but someone in my league drafted david  Johnson, obj, Antonio Brown and oj Howard. That was his 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 6th round picks. He still made the playoffs but man that was a horrible first half of the draft.