Nap Time

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

Watson and Boone flat out f'd me. At least Boone I can kinda sorta understand, but I still won't get over Watson faceplanting vs Tampa of all teams.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't split teams with friends!!!  We still managed to take 3rd place but what could have been had I not agreed to take on a co-manager.  Here is a list of the so called help he provided LOL!!  

Didn't want Aaron Jones but I overruled and made pick.  

He went with Damien Williams the following round against my wishes.  Had to allow it since I got Aaron Jones.  I wanted Godwin or Chris Carson with this pick

OJ Howard although I have to admit I did like this pick when we got it.  I did draft Mark Andrews as a backup TE in round 14 so we got lucky.

The 2 rounds that hurt the most.  He convinced me to take Jared Goff when I wanted to take Eckler.  We had talked about going all in with Lamar Jackson and just playing it safe taking a more stable QB really late in case Lamar didn't pan out.  What we ended up with instead of Eckler and Lamar was Goff and Rashard Penny.  

• Like 1

My biggest vent/rant is listening to fantasy “experts.”  I’m convinced given all the info out there now they have to make counter-common sense calls to stay relevant.  

i sat Daniel Jones over minshew (2qb league), played Boone over Boyd, Hunter Henry over Higbee all due to these experts.

would have won had I just stayed out.  Sour grapes I know, but still...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, knifeparty said:

Don't split teams with friends!!!  We still managed to take 3rd place but what could have been had I not agreed to take on a co-manager.  Here is a list of the so called help he provided LOL!!  

Didn't want Aaron Jones but I overruled and made pick.  

He went with Damien Williams the following round against my wishes.  Had to allow it since I got Aaron Jones.  I wanted Godwin or Chris Carson with this pick

OJ Howard although I have to admit I did like this pick when we got it.  I did draft Mark Andrews as a backup TE in round 14 so we got lucky.

The 2 rounds that hurt the most.  He convinced me to take Jared Goff when I wanted to take Eckler.  We had talked about going all in with Lamar Jackson and just playing it safe taking a more stable QB really late in case Lamar didn't pan out.  What we ended up with instead of Eckler and Lamar was Goff and Rashard Penny.  

I manage a team with a friend (big pot ..24 members 12 teams) and we typically create a draft list before we start 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

I lost 101.9-101 ... Went into Monday needing 4.7 points from Mike Boone. 

Feel your pain man. Needed 4.2 from Boone and got 3.8. Mike Zimmer can go f@&k himself. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

lost by 2.5 - Connor, Boone and Lockett all bent me over. I could have started literally anyone on my bench instead of any one of these guys and won.  

This one stings quite a bit. 

Edited by AngryBeavers
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, NyjersInParis said:

Not for me but someone in my league drafted david  Johnson, obj, Antonio Brown and oj Howard. That was his 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 6th round picks. He still made the playoffs but man that was a horrible first half of the draft. 

My first 3 WR's drafted in one league were AB, Thielen and AJ Green, and I took Howard later (not to mention Cam at QB), recovered at TE with Henry (at least until the last couple weeks), figured one of those WR's had to hit. Prob woulda made some $$ if one had, lol. Basically screwed the pooch at every position except at RB

3 minutes ago, JCDaly said:

My first 3 WR's drafted in one league were AB, Thielen and AJ Green, and I took Howard later (not to mention Cam at QB), recovered at TE with Henry (at least until the last couple weeks), figured one of those WR's had to hit. Prob woulda made some $$ if one had, lol. Basically screwed the pooch at every position except at RB

That's rough.  I had a team that started with DJ, Juju, and Kerryon, along with Cam.  Barely made the playoffs in that one and got bounced in the first round.

On 12/23/2019 at 9:32 PM, newyork2la said:

Haha. Barring a stat correction lost by half a point. Was up 26 going into the game with Boone vs Aaron Jones. Guess that’s what happens when you put your faith in a backup. 

Not always the case.  I went with the play your studs play in Jones last year over the backup Dwill in week 15.  Cost me the win.

• Like 1

I won in spite of this call. 

Honestly, it was a Christmas Miracle. 

I was way too bullish here, Boone lost all run to Abdullah once Minny was behind. 

On 12/23/2019 at 11:54 PM, bradwatson said:

Lost by 2 points in one league tonight. Worst beat I've ever had in fantasy. Was up like 43 points going into tonight with Boone going, and the other guy had Devante Adams and Aaron Jones. If Dalvin Cook AND Alexander Mattison don't get hurt I never pick up Boone, and I win because every other flex option I had would've won me the trophy. I hate fantasy football so much. Can't wait for baseball where luck isn't nearly as much of a factor.

Get ready for the “robot ump” vent

• Like 2

On 12/24/2019 at 8:53 AM, phillyball said:

My biggest vent/rant is listening to fantasy “experts.”  I’m convinced given all the info out there now they have to make counter-common sense calls to stay relevant.  

i sat Daniel Jones over minshew (2qb league), played Boone over Boyd, Hunter Henry over Higbee all due to these experts.

would have won had I just stayed out.  Sour grapes I know, but still...

Out of curiosity, who are you referencing when you say “experts”?

4 hours ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Out of curiosity, who are you referencing when you say “experts”?

Anyone with 10,000 rotoworld posts?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RustyMiller said:

Anyone with 10,000 rotoworld posts?

Some of the guys with 10,000+ posts give notoriously bad takes.

Posts mean nothing, look at me. Im wrong often, a crap ton tbh, although i havent finished outside of 2nd place in 4 years lol...Its fantasy, anything can happen. There are no "experts", just people who are able to spend more time searching for any and all stats possible to influence rankings/projections and give takes. The game is played on the field.

I mean, there are actual fantasy football experts. People who are paid to analyze fantasy on a professional level aren't just pulling rankings out of a hat. They watch many hours of game film and have the time to dig deep into snap counts and target shares and beat gossip and things like that. The experts lay this information out for the rest of us, most of whom can't actually watch every snap of every game during a work week, and we're free to follow their conclusions or ignore them. But they don't have a crystal ball, and if any expert were ever 100% accurate, there would be no point in playing this game anymore. It would be like betting against Biff and his sports almanac.

The experts got Boone wrong, but that was just an anomaly where you had an unproven back who'd seen very little NFL action, and was projected for a huge workload in a run-heavy offense. The process was valid, the results just weren't there. If the game had been played on Saturday afternoon, his dud wouldn't be perceived to have shifted fantasy outcomes. But because many thousands of people needed double-digit points from Boone in the Monday night game on Super Bowl week, Boone is perceived to have won/lost championships, and the experts are perceived to be bums.

• Like 2

One of my secondary leagues, I made the Championship game - kind of lucky to do so as a result of Julio and Philly D last week - but alas there I was and was looking good until 2nd half aaron jones, where we end up tied.  I have been telling this league for years they need to do decimal scoring, and we had two ties, one in the semis involving another team and now one in the ship where I was involved.  

As the No.1 Seed in the playoffs I assumed that this was either a tie co-championship which I was fine with OR I would win.  But the tie breaker of a game in the playoffs is to go back to head to head weekly matchup, 

18 hours ago, eg4190 said:

I mean, there are actual fantasy football experts. People who are paid to analyze fantasy on a professional level aren't just pulling rankings out of a hat. They watch many hours of game film and have the time to dig deep into snap counts and target shares and beat gossip and things like that. The experts lay this information out for the rest of us, most of whom can't actually watch every snap of every game during a work week, and we're free to follow their conclusions or ignore them. But they don't have a crystal ball, and if any expert were ever 100% accurate, there would be no point in playing this game anymore. It would be like betting against Biff and his sports almanac.

The experts got Boone wrong, but that was just an anomaly where you had an unproven back who'd seen very little NFL action, and was projected for a huge workload in a run-heavy offense. The process was valid, the results just weren't there. If the game had been played on Saturday afternoon, his dud wouldn't be perceived to have shifted fantasy outcomes. But because many thousands of people needed double-digit points from Boone in the Monday night game on Super Bowl week, Boone is perceived to have won/lost championships, and the experts are perceived to be bums.

I’d like to see the success rate of these “experts”. I bet it’s as good as flipping a coin. Fantasy is mostly luck 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2019 at 3:15 PM, bhawks489 said:

I’d like to see the success rate of these “experts”. I bet it’s as good as flipping a coin. Fantasy is mostly luck 

Here you go: https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/accuracy/

Amusingly, the top expert this year is Justin Boone. He's finished as a top 7 expert the last 6 years, plenty of other experts are consistently good too.

There's luck involved in fantasy of course, but the idea that it's mostly luck or that skill and knowledge can't give you a significantly greater chance to win in spite of luck is defeatist nonsense.

1 hour ago, Sartorialism said:

Here you go: https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/accuracy/

Amusingly, the top expert this year is Justin Boone. He's finished as a top 7 expert the last 6 years, plenty of other experts are consistently good too.

There's luck involved in fantasy of course, but the idea that it's mostly luck or that skill and knowledge can't give you a significantly greater chance to win in spite of luck is defeatist nonsense.

I want to see what picks he got right not where he ranks with the other “experts”. Thanks for pulling the link though.