Nap Time

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

14 minutes ago, billydough said:

Anyone else play against Patriots defense this week?

Yeah, my defense scored 6 and I'm 28 points behind right now.

Between $cam and Goff, I don't have a QB, and Mark Andrews' questionable tag led me to bench him this week for Waller.

3 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

Between $cam and Goff, I don't have a QB, and Mark Andrews' questionable tag led me to bench him this week for Waller.

Stay positive! Waller has 5 catches, Andrews had 8. If Waller gets a garbage time TD it’s a wash

P.S.- I did the same thing 🤷‍♂️

Edited by lvsaint429
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, billydough said:

I started the patriots defense and I'm still going to lose because my WR suck, Thomas useless with no Brees, Gordon useless with AB cry baby and Mike Evans did nothing. edit: Also have Tyrreek Hill cracked collarbone, gg.

Meanwhile I had Kirk on the bench, started Stafford over Jimmy G and started Ingram over Breida. RIP.

Edited by pdog109

33 minutes ago, billydough said:

Perfect example of why DSTs are dumb. Kickers and DSTs need to go. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OmegaRed88 said:

BREAKING:  

My draft isn’t looking too hot.

My upper middle rounds were awful: Lindsey and Lamar the highlights

Edited by vthokie3

I dropped Jaylen Samuels for Gio...

Looking good this week, but staring down the barrel of starting Latavius Murray at RB2 next week if Conner misses time.

Ty Williams with 11 points on the opening drive. Two the rest of the game. I drafted Damien Williams instead of Bell (before shady news but wtf was I thinking). Up 16 but opponent has two players left. Doesn't look like I'll survive another Cam start this week. 

I went to shift my flex player from McCoy to Kupp but was a couple of minutes too late ... damned 4:05 ET start times. Now I need Jake Elliott to score 9 points tonight or I'm 0-2.

• Like 1

Started Big Ben over Kyler Murray, and Dede Westbrook over Terry McLaurin. Most likely sunk my week, unless Chubb has an otherworldly game Monday Night.

At the end of the day, you just have to trust your gut instincts versus the consensus/rankings. After more than 25 years of fantasy football I should have that tattooed on my arms, but nope.

Almost switched both out 10 minutes before the kickoff, but said to myself "nah, I'll just go grab some more beer. Don't chase it."

Gahhh.

• Like 1

Buy low, sell high. Buy low, sell high. Buy low, sell high. 

Okay, I dealt Ross for Pettis this week. 

Looks like I gave up a breakout star for an absolute dud. Sometimes player values are low or high for a good reason. 

8 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

If Julio and D-jax don't combine for 27pts in full ppr... smh

Not looking good early.

45 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Buy low, sell high. Buy low, sell high. Buy low, sell high. 

Okay, I dealt Ross for Pettis this week. 

Looks like I gave up a breakout star for an absolute dud. Sometimes player values are low or high for a good reason. 

Damn, man. That's not "buy low, sell high", that's "buy low, give away for dog poo". I think you did that wrong. 

I understand your need to vent about this. 

• Like 1

Sighs, having a tough year..... Oh well looking forward to next year, I don't think I can make it out with these lineups..... I mean im scoring over 100 pts just barely smh

Im always facing people that score a ton of points lol 

Edited by CABLE87

5 minutes ago, yossarian said:

Damn, man. That's not "buy low, sell high", that's "buy low, give away for dog poo". I think you did that wrong. 

I understand your need to vent about this. 

Just don't understand what the hell is up with Pettis. He was solid last year with friggin Nick Mullens. Now he can't crack the rotation with Jimmy G. It's bizarre. 

2 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Just don't understand what the hell is up with Pettis. He was solid last year with friggin Nick Mullens. Now he can't crack the rotation with Jimmy G. It's bizarre. 

I don't know either. He had some great games end of last season. It seems he didn't progress the way everybody assumed he would and now Shanny has soured on him? That or it's just week 2 and he'll get his crap together and turn it around. 

I will say, as a Kittle owner in multiple leagues, I miss Nick Mullins. 

Edited by yossarian
  • Like 1