Nap Time

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

I've played in 3 or 4 leagues every season for the last 15+ years. In that time I've gotten the top pick, the #1 pick in the draft twice. The first time I got that pick I picked David Johnson who promptly went out and broke his wrist. The second time I got the #1 pick I picked...Saquon Barkley this season. Damn. :angry::unsure::(

• Like 3

Getting real tired of being outscored at the kicker position. My point differential is -19 so far. 

I had Crosby the first two weeks for a total of 7. He has 7 already before half tonight. I dropped him for Elliott who has 2. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryan81 said:

Getting real tired of being outscored at the kicker position. My point differential is -19 so far. 

I had Crosby the first two weeks for a total of 7. He has 7 already before half tonight. I dropped him for Elliott who has 2. 

I dropped Elliott. Eagles don't kick reliably. I lost a game by 1.5 points the week before last because the Eagles didn't attempt a FG or XP in the second half of their SNF game with the Falcons despite being in the red zone four or five times. Went for it on fourth down, went for two, went for two again. They literally avoided kicking, even in situations where it made just as much sense to kick as not to kick.

Edited by 99-percent-sure

3 minutes ago, Sweetness09 said:

Playing against Davante Adams “career day”. Obv. Always just happen to play against players when they blow up. 

It gets worse Wait for the 4th q TD

I played FF much different before doing research. Before participating in online discussion. 

I simply watched football. Used to watch a ton of football. Just don’t have the time now. I get “cliff notes” in online discussion. Doesn’t produce the best analysis. 

I used to watch a TON of preseason football. Got to see 3 games of players actually playing football. The more you watched in preseason...the better prepared you are. 

Ill say it....the recent trend of the lack of preseason action by starters is contributing to more fantasy luck during the draft. 

9 minutes ago, Sweetness09 said:

Playing against Davante Adams “career day”. Obv. Always just happen to play against players when they blow up. 

I’ve started Thursday night players constantly throughout the first 3 weeks. Dud after dud after dud until I said I was sick of starting Thursday night players.

So of course tonight I bench Wentz and my opponent has Adams.

f--- Thursday Night Football

My opponent started Rogers and Jones and I started MVS for some reason. Also I dropped Jordan Howard after Week 2 and he just sat there until he dropped 31 points on the waiver wire.

1 hour ago, 99-percent-sure said:

I dropped Elliott. Eagles don't kick reliably. I lost a game by 1.5 points the week before last because the Eagles didn't attempt a FG or XP in the second half of their SNF game with the Falcons despite being in the red zone four or five times. Went for it on fourth down, went for two, went for two again. They literally avoided kicking, even in situations where it made just as much sense to kick as not to kick.

I’ve learned my lesson with Elliott after tonight. I don’t think he’s missed a kick this year, but this team is obsessed with getting cute and going for it on 4th down and then going for 2 if they get the TD. It’s like they’ll only kick a field goal if they’re winning, or if they’re further than 5 yards from the first down.

2 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Why didn't GB challenge that last play. Defender CLEARLY hit MVS before the ball got there.

Big money on the Pack tonight?

Bc they couldn’t.

2 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Wrong. They had two.

You missed the “inside the 2 minutes” part. 

13 minutes ago, slimswol said:

First T. Hill, then Brees now Adams injured. Hard to be this unlucky but I pulled it off.

I feel you. Drafted hill and Adams myself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JSA2422 said:

It's pretty hard to get 0 points from a WR in a PPR ..but I did it ..thanks Agholor! :)

O.J. Howard owner here, you're in good company

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, this guy right here said:

Why didn't GB challenge that last play. Defender CLEARLY hit MVS before the ball got there.

Big money on the Pack tonight?

No challenges inside of 2 minutes left in the half or the game.