Nap Time

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

My 3 starting WRs have scored a COMBINED two TDs on the entire year so far. I want to see the odds of that happening because they had over 30 combined last year...

Adams (0 TDs)

OBJ (traded for him after his only TD)

Boyd (1 TD)

J. Brown (picked him up after week 1)

Edited by GoPackGo23

just need to rant briefly. 
Averaging 137 points per week in a 12 team 0.5 PPR league but still have 3 losses because I ran into teams putting up 150+ three times

. . . in our 10 year league history, the average regular season winner averaged 120 points and top average ever was last year at 127.5 points (me). 

Used to variance, and I think it's likely I can catch first by end of season, but dang it's frustrating sometimes watching bad teams in 1st win cupcake matchups to keep pace. 

Edited by shaman0610

1 minute ago, shaman0610 said:

Averaging 137 points per week in a 12 team 0.5 PPR league but still have 3 losses because I ran into teams putting up 150+ three times

. . . in our 10 year league history, the average regular season winner averaged 120 points and top average ever was last year at 127.5 points (me). 

Used to variance, and I think it's likely I can catch first by end of season, but dang it's frustrating sometimes watching bad teams in 1st win cupcake matchups to keep pace. 

Exactly why I've been tempted to change my league to total points for playoffs, versus head to head. But it definitely isn't as much fun when you can s--- talk your single opponent 

8 minutes ago, shaman0610 said:

Bro you're 6-3 take that weak bull**** somewhere else.  I'm 3rd in points in my league sitting at 3-6.  Last year I finished with most points by >100 and missed the playoffs.  Come see me when you have real problems.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Exactly why I've been tempted to change my league to total points for playoffs, versus head to head. But it definitely isn't as much fun when you can s--- talk your single opponent 

in defense of head-to-head, it also tends to keep things relevant for lower-quality teams longer. More variance means records are tighter bunched than the total points would indicate. It does make the league more competitive, in my opinion

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JJ1223 said:

Bro you're 6-3 take that weak bull**** somewhere else.  I'm 3rd in points in my league sitting at 3-6.  Last year I finished with most points by >100 and missed the playoffs.  Come see me when you have real problems.

I'm almost 200 above the next place team currently. Statistically, a 3-win difference in expected versus actual. Similar to your position actually, likely also a 3 win swing in variance. 

My argument & frustration is one of statistical variance in the setting of head-to-head, which is simultaneously what you are frustrated by but also focusing on my record ironically. 
So sorry to trigger you though /s

Lost to the last place team by 0.40 on the last completion to Golden Tate in the 4Q. Daniel Jones trolled me hard. Then proceeds to fumble/INT on the next play with time expiring. What a piece of s---!!!!!

In theory I should be 7-2, with both losses actually being blown out, but my other 3 losses came to the highest scoring teams those weeks and I was the 2nd highest scoring team of those 3 weeks. Decided this might be a lost year and in the keeper league I feel as if I should become the typical baseball team that sells for multiple players.

By far the most injured team in my league this year with Big Ben, Conner, Kerryon, TColeman, DAdams

52 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

By far the most injured team in my league this year with Big Ben, Conner, Kerryon, TColeman, DAdams

Almost got you: Kamara, Kerryon, Watkins, Shepard, Josh Gordon, and now Engram. What a joke of a season. 

1 hour ago, Chwf3rd said:

Ben,Conner,Fuller,Kerryon,Guice,Mahomes

On 11/4/2019 at 7:35 PM, PackerBacker555 said:

Feel like I was a pretty good GM with all injuries that hit my team... get a win this week and now slapped with a “Q” tag on Bell. A couple hours past that Walton is essentially off my team too. This is a 16 team league size so quality of players isn’t that great. 

dannnngg

Along similar lines. We're a 16-teamer with short benches and the requirement to field a full team. You have to really plan for the bye weeks. I'm almost there, just the one bad week to get through and I'm home free. I've got Herndon to cover Ertz, but I've long since accepted that if Herndon's out I just have to bite the bullet and pick up an out-and-out scrub, but there's no other room for maneuver.

Suddenly Stafford is Questionable. Every time it's tight one of these magic injuries appears. Last week it was James White in the late game that forced me to start Mattison. Can't I just please relax for one week?

Started out 4-0 with the most points scored and without Tyreek. Since Tyree came back im 0-5 and last in points scored. Haven’t had any injuries either. 

3 minutes ago, ty5592 said:

Started out 4-0 with the most points scored and without Tyreek. Since Tyree came back im 0-5 and last in points scored. Haven’t had any injuries either. 

ya need more helmet catches, scoop Eli 🤷‍♂️

Really sick of guys giving me donuts in the 2nd halves of games. 

Jamison Crowder didn't have a single target in the second half against the Dolphins. 

0 catches from ARob in the second half on Sunday. 

0 catches from Hunter Henry in the 2nd half tonight. 

Worse yet, I got -1 point from the Chargers defense in the 2nd half. 

That's - 1 points over 4 halves. Two full games worth of football and I can't even get 0 points. 

2 minutes ago, Rozr1 said:

all I gotta say is philip rivers, never again

Forreal.

I'm fking done. Rivers is getting dropped, I don't care if the only other player to add is Cam Newton.

5 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Really sick of guys giving me donuts in the 2nd halves of games. 

Jamison Crowder didn't have a single target in the second half against the Dolphins. 

0 catches from ARob in the second half on Sunday. 

0 catches from Hunter Henry in the 2nd half tonight. 

Worse yet, I got -1 point from the Chargers defense in the 2nd half. 

That's - 1 points over 4 halves. Two full games worth of football and I can't even get 0 points. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rozr1 said:

all I gotta say is philip rivers, never again

Literally came in here to say the exact same thing. My gut screamed not to play him, and I went with the matchup. I'm dropping him as soon as I can, dont care that hes playing KC next week. Knowing you probably lost the week already because of this is infuriating.

Did that Jacobs TD really have to happen? I mean I guess I’m not here if it happens in the 1st half or so.

It's nice when we can all come together and rant. Rivers, Ekeler, Allen, Henry, and Williams owners, let's unite in our hatred. 

Just now, cbsholy said:

Literally came in here to say the exact same thing. My gut screamed not to play him, and I went with the matchup. I'm dropping him as soon as I can, dont care that hes playing KC next week. Knowing you probably lost the week already because of this is infuriating.

what's worst is I a traded conner for this clown back in week 5