Nap Time

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

10 hours ago, yanksman said:

Second time Im venting about this but it kept me up last night... Last week I noticed this week's opponent had no D. So I stashed Indy D to block them. Also, I noticed Balt D was available. I couldn't stash both but decided to just stash Indy and hope someone else picked up Balt. Of course, my opponent won Balt D by $1. 24 pts vs 7 pts. That's a 34 point swing. For some IDIOTIC reason I decided to stash Indy (with Hoyer as their QB) over Baltimore. It seemed so obvious now. WTH was I thinking? Now 5-5 instead of 6-4. Devastating.

The party is over if you think teams will automatically be beating Miami every week. They will not be a pushover ROS. 

22 hours ago, HurryupO said:

Another cooper kupp owner . You can’t make this sh*% up. This is the second time this season I’ve had to deal with a donut ( Mike Evans ).   

fantasy is frustrating,  all i needed was two catches by this man and I would’ve won this week ! 

try doing that since last season smh, even my big weeks I had one player with big dud

7 hours ago, gufomel said:

Unless I get 23.5 half-ppr points from Lockett tonight, I’ll have lost for the 3rd time to the highest scorer of the week, and those will be my only 3 losses so far. 2 of the 3 weeks, I was the 2nd highest scorer (by a significant margin).

Can’t complain too much about 7-3, except I’m still having to fight for a playoff spot when I should be coasting in (and able to make roster moves to plan for the playoffs instead of next week’s games). I’m going to be 150 points ahead of anyone else in my league after this week, but only 1 game ahead of being out of a playoff spot. 

Hate this in FF.  One thing I've finally been able to do (not always, but most of the time...and it took years of suffering first) was I've quit looking at overall pts for/against and other matchups.  I just keep a "tunnel vision" of sorts on my own team.  I also really try to not even see who I'm up against.  Allows me to just watch and enjoy my players and the games without stressing over who's going off on my opponents team.  And then if I lose, avoiding looking at other scores helps too...keeps the sanity when you don't have to see that your beating over 50% of your league most weeks but losing to the top dog in your losses.  Just setting my best lineup and staying blind to everything else definitely makes it more fun IMO.

• Like 1

ESPN Fantasy analysis blows. They FINALLY took Juju off the “undroppable” list after I could’ve added Boyd or Parker last week. Now that I can, there’s nobody remotely productive available 😡

15 hours ago, yanksman said:

Second time Im venting about this but it kept me up last night... Last week I noticed this week's opponent had no D. So I stashed Indy D to block them. Also, I noticed Balt D was available. I couldn't stash both but decided to just stash Indy and hope someone else picked up Balt. Of course, my opponent won Balt D by $1. 24 pts vs 7 pts. That's a 34 point swing. For some IDIOTIC reason I decided to stash Indy (with Hoyer as their QB) over Baltimore. It seemed so obvious now. WTH was I thinking? Now 5-5 instead of 6-4. Devastating.

Me again. So I also benched SF defense for Indy. fml

I’ve never owned Tyreek Hill since he entered the league. Every time I’ve ever played against him, he’s had his best game of the season. This year will not break the cycle. My opponent also had Kirk.

1 hour ago, CletisVanDamme said:

Hate this in FF.  One thing I've finally been able to do (not always, but most of the time...and it took years of suffering first) was I've quit looking at overall pts for/against and other matchups.  I just keep a "tunnel vision" of sorts on my own team.  I also really try to not even see who I'm up against.  Allows me to just watch and enjoy my players and the games without stressing over who's going off on my opponents team.  And then if I lose, avoiding looking at other scores helps too...keeps the sanity when you don't have to see that your beating over 50% of your league most weeks but losing to the top dog in your losses.  Just setting my best lineup and staying blind to everything else definitely makes it more fun IMO.

Join an all play league. "Head-to-head" matchups are nonsense. 

5 hours ago, WayneFontes said:

The party is over if you think teams will automatically be beating Miami every week. They will not be a pushover ROS. 

Miami winning or losing has absolutely zero to do with the defense opposing them scoring magick foosball pts 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Sweetness09 said:

When going into Monday night tied, and all you need is your MVP QB to score more points than the opposing defense.

yeah...

MVP? Baltimore played yesterday..

Half ppr, needed 20 points combined from Lockett, Emmanuel Sanders, and Josh Gordon.

I thought I had a very good shot at it. They got 3 points apiece

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cbsholy said:

Half ppr, needed 20 points combined from Lockett, Emmanuel Sanders, and Josh Gordon.

I thought I had a very good shot at it. They got 3 points apiece

That's brutal bro.

• Like 1

The TE position is killing me this year!  I hold onto OJ Howard too long and pass on better options.  I hold onto Herndon and what a waste that was.  I pick up Gesicki and put him in my lineup, he give me a dud.  Drop him and he has a blowup game.  Pick him back up and start him and he duds again while Howard has his best game!  I pick up Fant, he duds, so I drop him only to have him blow up!

5 minutes ago, Kilo said:

The TE position is killing me this year!  I hold onto OJ Howard too long and pass on better options.  I hold onto Herndon and what a waste that was.  I pick up Gesicki and put him in my lineup, he give me a dud.  Drop him and he has a blowup game.  Pick him back up and start him and he duds again while Howard has his best game!  I pick up Fant, he duds, so I drop him only to have him blow up!

Always start you duds 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

On 11/11/2019 at 7:57 AM, bwarbiany said:

ESPN "projections" had me slated to beat my opponent this week by over 30 points. Yes, I know projections are worthless, but I exceeded my projections by 5 points, and scored 159.1 in PPR. Should be good to go, right?

Nope. Opponent got 37.8 from Kirk, 20.5 from Kelce, 31.7 from Cooper last night, and currently stands at 105 points with WIlson, Carson, Lockett, and the SF defense left to play. She's projected for 161.8 right now, so I'm going to be sweating MNF. 

And of course, my 159.1 would beat every other team in the league handily, so I might end up getting edged out with what ordinarily would be a league-winning score. Only 4 teams all season have bested 159.1 (two of those were me), but I'm still sweating MNF. 

I need this win, too... 

An update on this, although it's only partially a "Vent & Rant"...

I'm sitting there sweating the game, as expected. As we near the end of regulation, I'm up something like 159.1 to 153. As time is about to expire I'm just praying that McLaughlin misses the FG so there's no overtime. But alas, he hits it and we're going to OT. 

In OT there's no Lockett, so at least I'm safe there. Seahawks get the ball. The start driving as Wilson starts slowly accumulating points. Then he throws the pick! Great, that's -2 for Wilson... But it's also +2 for the SF D/ST... So it's even. I'm still up about 2 points at this time, and the SF D/ST is at 21. 

In OT, all of a sudden SF is rolling with Mostert instead of Coleman, so here's my chance. All they need to do, after the long INT return, is get SLIGHT positive yardage and maybe the rookie kicker can put the game on ice and end it. They move the ball, set up a 47-yarder... And McLaughlin shanks it. 

Two three-and-outs, and the ball is back to Wilson and the Seattle offense, I'm still up just under two points...

And I watch Wilson throw a couple of passes AND have an 18-yard scramble. I storm out of the room angrily, knowing that his scramble was the nail in the coffin and I'm screwed. Now the margin has been made up.

In the bathroom, I hear my wife call back from the living room... "You realize you won, right, you big dummy???"

No... No way I won? I just saw Wilson scramble. They kicked the FG. There's no way I won...

BUT! That 40-yard drive pushed the Seahawks from 296 yards gained to 336 yards gained... >=299 is 2 points. 300-350 is 0 points. So instead of 21 points, the SF D/ST finished with 19. 

So I won... 159.1 to 157.7. 

Lost by 10 points this week because of Goff (fill in for Watson) and Dav. Johnson deciding to sh*t the proverbial bed. It was a borderline must win week for me too. Absolutely brutal...especially considering I got a solid game out of my last minute TE pick-up/fill in for Kittle (Howard). 

Edited by jmcampbe11

14 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Join an all play league. "Head-to-head" matchups are nonsense. 

Sorry if this is a dumb question but how does all play work in terms of standings?

I'm in a 14 team league and would love to propose an alternative to simply going off h2h record which is nothing but a crapshoot.

I'm 4th in overall points scored but have now lost 5 straight with 2 of those losses coming when I was the 2nd highest scorer that week and am now sitting in 8th place.  What sucks is I like my squad, just can't catch a break.

10 minutes ago, newyork2la said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question but how does all play work in terms of standings?

I'm in a 14 team league and would love to propose an alternative to simply going off h2h record which is nothing but a crapshoot.

I'm 4th in overall points scored but have now lost 5 straight with 2 of those losses coming when I was the 2nd highest scorer that week and am now sitting in 8th place.  What sucks is I like my squad, just can't catch a break.

CBS has this baked into their standings ... it's called "Breakdown", and it shows your record vs all the other teams for the season. 

example, there have been 10 games played, so each team (12 team leeg) has "played" 110 games. 

top scoring team in that particular leeg is 73-37 in the breakdown, while the lowest scoring team is 29-81.  

top scoring teams h2h record is 6-4 (he's had the most points scored against), lowest scoring team is 2-8. 

i have 4th most pts scored, am 61-49 in breakdown, but sit at 5-5 due to having second most points dropped on me. 

team in first place in the weakest division is 7-3, but only 53-57 in breakdown ... he has had second least points scored against him 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

Pretty much what PoM said. 

In a 14 team league, you could get up to 13 wins per week. You get one for every team you outscore. The idea is that you're playing against everyone every week. Not just one random opponent. Unlike a head-to-head league, the best teams will be at the top of the standings. Much better way to do things, IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Pretty much what PoM said. 

In a 14 team league, you could get up to 13 wins per week. You get one for every team you outscore. The idea is that you're playing against everyone every week. Not just one random opponent. Unlike a head-to-head league, the best teams will be at the top of the standings. Much better way to do things, IMO. 

exactly. 

the leeg i cited still does h2h, but we award the sixth and final playoff spot to the team with best "breakdown/all play" record of the remaining seven. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

CBS has this baked into their standings ... it's called "Breakdown", and it shows your record vs all the other teams for the season. 

example, there have been 10 games played, so each team (12 team leeg) has "played" 110 games. 

top scoring team in that particular leeg is 73-37 in the breakdown, while the lowest scoring team is 29-81.  

top scoring teams h2h record is 6-4 (he's had the most points scored against), lowest scoring team is 2-8. 

i have 4th most pts scored, am 61-49 in breakdown, but sit at 5-5 due to having second most points dropped on me. 

team in first place in the weakest division is 7-3, but only 53-57 in breakdown ... he has had second least points scored against him 🤷‍♂️

Cool man.  Thanks for the explanation

The commissioner of my 16 team PPR league (with only 4 bench spots) changed trades to commissioner review instead of league votes yesterday, to "fast track" trades before the deadline. This is a problem in itself, but it gets worse.

Then later in the day the below trade was proposed between two other managers and the commissioner approved it:

• Christian Kirk
  • Kirk Cousins
  • Royce Freeman
  • Calvin Ridley

For

• Amari Cooper
  • Tyreek Hill
  • David Montgomery
  • Jamison Crowder

So now, in a 16 team league, we have one team featuring Cooper, Hill, David Montgomery, Kittle, Dak Prescott, Tevin Coleman, Keenan Allen, and Saquan Barkley. A squad you'd be lucky to have in an 8 team league.

Am i right in thinking this smacks of collusion and/or it's ridiculous the commissioner approved it? They specifically set only 4 bench spots to prevent hoarding players and allow some parity in such a large league, yet apparently had no issue with this trade.

That is a horrific trade and completely unjustifiable. The first batch even have more bye weeks left. Normally I'd ask for a bit more context but that's not needed.

If it doesn't get reversed I would walk away at the earliest opportunity.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Sartorialism said:

The commissioner of my 16 team PPR league (with only 4 bench spots) changed trades to commissioner review instead of league votes yesterday, to "fast track" trades before the deadline. This is a problem in itself, but it gets worse.

Then later in the day the below trade was proposed between two other managers and the commissioner approved it:

• Christian Kirk
  • Kirk Cousins
  • Royce Freeman
  • Calvin Ridley

For

• Amari Cooper
  • Tyreek Hill
  • David Montgomery
  • Jamison Crowder

So now, in a 16 team league, we have one team featuring Cooper, Hill, David Montgomery, Kittle, Dak Prescott, Tevin Coleman, Keenan Allen, and Saquan Barkley. A squad you'd be lucky to have in an 8 team league.

Am i right in thinking this smacks of collusion and/or it's ridiculous the commissioner approved it? They specifically set only 4 bench spots to prevent hoarding players and allow some parity in such a large league, yet apparently had no issue with this trade.

Something drastically wrong there. Ridley vs Crowder is a wash. Freeman vs Monty close to a wash. So you basically have Cooper/Hill for Cousins/Kirk - that's not a fair trade by any stretch of the imagination.

Is this a free league, with strangers? I have to assume it is, because if anyone tried pulling that silly stunt in one of my main money leagues there would be blood!

Like you said, it's most likely collusion with the commissioner, otherwise I have no earthly idea how any sensible person that understands fantasy football pushes that through. No way, no how.

• Thanks 1