Nap Time

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

Yeah, it's a free league for a podcast community, there's a prize for the winner though. 

The beneficiary of this trade is notorious for peppering everyone in the league with annoying and lopsided trade requests like this. I've  explained how ridiculous the trade is and asked why it was approved, just waiting for a response.

With bye-weeks and injuries I'm forced to start Odell, Chubb, Hunt.

That's 3 Browns players on a Thursday Night Game.

Just preemptively posting in here to save time.

• Haha 4

I play FF and get infuriated with every wrong lineup decision.  Rant over.

20 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

With bye-weeks and injuries I'm forced to start Odell, Chubb, Hunt.

That's 3 Browns players on a Thursday Night Game.

Just preemptively posting in here to save time.

I could see the Browns winning this game 60-3. Things really just start coming together for this team. 

lol

8 hours ago, Sartorialism said:

The commissioner of my 16 team PPR league (with only 4 bench spots) changed trades to commissioner review instead of league votes yesterday, to "fast track" trades before the deadline. This is a problem in itself, but it gets worse.

Then later in the day the below trade was proposed between two other managers and the commissioner approved it:

• Christian Kirk
  • Kirk Cousins
  • Royce Freeman
  • Calvin Ridley

For

• Amari Cooper
  • Tyreek Hill
  • David Montgomery
  • Jamison Crowder

So now, in a 16 team league, we have one team featuring Cooper, Hill, David Montgomery, Kittle, Dak Prescott, Tevin Coleman, Keenan Allen, and Saquan Barkley. A squad you'd be lucky to have in an 8 team league.

Am i right in thinking this smacks of collusion and/or it's ridiculous the commissioner approved it? They specifically set only 4 bench spots to prevent hoarding players and allow some parity in such a large league, yet apparently had no issue with this trade.

Reeks of collusion big time. 

Maybe it is because I ate way too much pizza at a co-workers going away pizza party - lesson learned here is to never stake a claim that you can "eat two whole pizzas in one sitting".  Anyways...I wanted to state that I am just totally ffb fatigued.  Maybe it is because the one league I care about most...looks like I am not going to make the playoffs.  That is disappointing.  I'm #1 and #2 in my other leagues but I'm just not interested anymore - how do you beat the ffb fatigue?  This must be a lot like what Belichick has to deal with...keeping the guy's honest knowing that they basically ALWAYS make the playoffs. 

13 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Maybe it is because I ate way too much pizza at a co-workers going away pizza party - lesson learned here is to never stake a claim that you can "eat two whole pizzas in one sitting".  Anyways...I wanted to state that I am just totally ffb fatigued.  Maybe it is because the one league I care about most...looks like I am not going to make the playoffs.  That is disappointing.  I'm #1 and #2 in my other leagues but I'm just not interested anymore - how do you beat the ffb fatigue?  This must be a lot like what Belichick has to deal with...keeping the guy's honest knowing that they basically ALWAYS make the playoffs. 

Play fantasy baseball sometime bro. It's like running a marathon and then coming back to a 5k when football season starts. I would literally pre-plan two-week breaks into my fantasy baseball season where I would set my lineups and ignore, just to keep my sanity.

In regards to football fatigue, I'm there with you. Honestly, I always say I'm not gonna play next year etc. What I need to do instead is not care as much next year. I think I get more burnout from forums like this one than the actual leagues.

9 hours ago, Sartorialism said:

Yeah, it's a free league for a podcast community, there's a prize for the winner though. 

The beneficiary of this trade is notorious for peppering everyone in the league with annoying and lopsided trade requests like this. I've  explained how ridiculous the trade is and asked why it was approved, just waiting for a response.

What Podcast?  Maybe reach out to them... 

Strap in, because this is quite the drama.

The commissioner didn't really think about vetoing because the manager who accepted the trade is known to the community to be trustworthy and well versed in football so he presumed there must be some logic to it and no chance of collusion. This is somewhat understandable, because i and everyone else had the same view of him. There's overwhelming evidence to support this view.

The beneficiary of the trade has been revealed to be the brother of somebody else in the league (not involved in this trade). Nobody knew they were brothers until now but they had to reveal this to confirm there was definitely no collusion; the two people in the trade don't even know each other and have only conversed in trade negotiation. The brother is also annoyed and amazed the trade was accepted - as i mentioned, the manager is notorious for sending this type of terrible offer to everyone. The brother grilled him about it - there's no collusion, just a decision to accept a typically terrible offer with no reasonable logic.

The beneficiary has said they just negotiated back and forth a bit and agreed to this deal.

The commissioner has put up a poll to decide whether to reverse the trade except now there's a twist. Christian Kirk has already been traded away............................to the brother! Yes, really. Kirk and Dede for OBJ.

We're still waiting to hear from this other guy. Who, despite being active in trading, has not responded to the big discussion about it.

It's gone way past anger or frustration for me, it's now more's funny and entertaining than anything else. Though, i do sympathise with the commissioner as i believe his intentions to fast track trades were good and he wasn't to know somebody would finally accept one of the million ridiculous trade offers which get sent by this manager. In all likelihood what will happen is nothing and the league will be distorted with the winner almost inevitable.

On the plus side personally, i'm 9-1 so it won't effect me unless we meet in the play-offs. All the other teams still competing for the play-offs however are getting screwed..........including the guy who accepted the trade! They currently have the same record, in the same division, and play each other in a couple of weeks.

49 minutes ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

What Podcast?  Maybe reach out to them... 

I'd rather not say, but it's not fantasy related. It's not an official league in the sense it's not run by them, but rather a (rightly) trusted member of the community, and it's some casual fun. They do however pay attention and interact with the community, they also provide the prize (merch) for the winner, so they've no doubt been keeping up with the drama and likely been amused by it.

Edited by Sartorialism

3 of my WRs are on the most recent episode of Matthew Berry's "Welcome to Dumpsville"

Not sure if that's good or bad 😂

3 hours ago, Sartorialism said:

Strap in, because this is quite the drama.

The commissioner didn't really think about vetoing because the manager who accepted the trade is known to the community to be trustworthy and well versed in football so he presumed there must be some logic to it and no chance of collusion. This is somewhat understandable, because i and everyone else had the same view of him. There's overwhelming evidence to support this view.

The beneficiary of the trade has been revealed to be the brother of somebody else in the league (not involved in this trade). Nobody knew they were brothers until now but they had to reveal this to confirm there was definitely no collusion; the two people in the trade don't even know each other and have only conversed in trade negotiation. The brother is also annoyed and amazed the trade was accepted - as i mentioned, the manager is notorious for sending this type of terrible offer to everyone. The brother grilled him about it - there's no collusion, just a decision to accept a typically terrible offer with no reasonable logic.

The beneficiary has said they just negotiated back and forth a bit and agreed to this deal.

The commissioner has put up a poll to decide whether to reverse the trade except now there's a twist. Christian Kirk has already been traded away............................to the brother! Yes, really. Kirk and Dede for OBJ.

We're still waiting to hear from this other guy. Who, despite being active in trading, has not responded to the big discussion about it.

It's gone way past anger or frustration for me, it's now more's funny and entertaining than anything else. Though, i do sympathise with the commissioner as i believe his intentions to fast track trades were good and he wasn't to know somebody would finally accept one of the million ridiculous trade offers which get sent by this manager. In all likelihood what will happen is nothing and the league will be distorted with the winner almost inevitable.

On the plus side personally, i'm 9-1 so it won't effect me unless we meet in the play-offs. All the other teams still competing for the play-offs however are getting screwed..........including the guy who accepted the trade! They currently have the same record, in the same division, and play each other in a couple of weeks.

I'd rather not say, but it's not fantasy related. It's not an official league in the sense it's not run by them, but rather a (rightly) trusted member of the community, and it's some casual fun. They do however pay attention and interact with the community, they also provide the prize (merch) for the winner, so they've no doubt been keeping up with the drama and likely been amused by it.

9-1? Get out of this thread

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jordan23 said:

3 of my WRs are on the most recent episode of Matthew Berry's "Welcome to Dumpsville"

Not sure if that's good or bad 😂

Must starts, all 3.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sartorialism said:

He's finally responded and you can hear the response straight from the horses mouth:

Suddenly this feels like a great trade, just for this.

Except he refers to OBJ and James Conner in the trade, which would actually then be reasonable. Did he accept a trade with the wrong players ha?

8 minutes ago, NyjersInParis said:

started juju and conner

Worst part about Thursday night football, your week is already over my friend. Have a drink on me 🍺

• Like 2

Juju knocked out early with a concussion - great way to already lose the week before it even started.

Just last week I needed 20 points in 0.5 ppr from Emmanuel Sanders, Tyler Lockett, and Josh Gordon combined. Sanders got knocked out instantly and Lockett had a bad game and left early with a calf injury.

Fantasy football is so cruel sometimes

Started Pitt D in both leagues. Benched Buffalo last minute in one league.

What an absolute joke of a performance.

Me this morning: "Steelers D or Niners D? Tough call. Guess I'll pick the Steelers. I mean, they only have one game with fewer than 7 FF points all year, and it was in week 1 before they picked up Fitzpatrick! Sure glad I picked up their D last week!" 

Me tonight: "Oh, that's right, I always get the worst imaginable performance out of anyone I start. My bad."  With Wilson and Carson on bye, I'm gonna lose by at least 20 this week. Really needed a big performance by my defense here. I bet the Niners score 25 against Arizona now, so I can feel even worse.