Nap Time

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

31 minutes ago, 99-percent-sure said:

Me this morning: "Steelers D or Niners D? Tough call. Guess I'll pick the Steelers. I mean, they only have one game with fewer than 7 FF points all year, and it was in week 1 before they picked up Fitzpatrick! Sure glad I picked up their D last week!" 

Me tonight: "Oh, that's right, I always get the worst imaginable performance out of anyone I start. My bad."  With Wilson and Carson on bye, I'm gonna lose by at least 20 this week. Really needed a big performance by my defense here. I bet the Niners score 25 against Arizona now, so I can feel even worse.

Same here, dropped 49ers for Steelers last week. What's even worse is I also have Chubb and OBJ who did nothing. So I got the worst case scenario...my defense sucked but it wasn't because of my players.

Never in my life have I been more screwed on Thursday night football than this season. Every week it’s unbelievable. And from supposedly the “correct” plays too. 

Connor and Steelers combining for 5.1. Must win week.

Game is so dumb. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dsrich said:

Never in my life have I been more screwed on Thursday night football than this season. Every week it’s unbelievable. And from supposedly the “correct” plays too. 

Connor and Steelers combining for 5.1. Must win week.

Game is so dumb. 

Ouch. I hate Thursday games, I feel like they've left a bad taste in my mouth this year too. I watched Adams get hurt in week 4, had Josh Gordon score 2 points and get hurt while my opponent had 35 points from Patriots D in week 6, had McLaurin get Dwayne Haskin'd in week 9, had 49ers D go negative against the Cardinals a couple weeks ago while my opponent got 20 from Kittle, then tonight I had Chubb/OBJ/Steelers D combine for 20. Seems like every time I have a lot in invested in Thursday games, the worst possible outcome happens.

Theres a special place in hell for Freddy Bathrooms... terrible play caller. Also I hope someone punches Baker in the face... just for sh!ts and giggles.  End of Rant.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Ouch. I hate Thursday games, I feel like they've left a bad taste in my mouth this year too. I watched Adams get hurt in week 4, had Josh Gordon score 2 points and get hurt while my opponent had 35 points from Patriots D in week 6, had McLaurin get Dwayne Haskin'd in week 9, had 49ers D go negative against the Cardinals a couple weeks ago while my opponent got 20 from Kittle, then tonight I had Chubb/OBJ/Steelers D combine for 20. Seems like every time I have a lot in invested in Thursday games, the worst possible outcome happens.

I’m so sick of it. It’s actually hilariously bad. But again.... every week, it’s the correct plays. It just never works out paying off. It’s unbelievable stuff.

While I’m venting. Injuries have killed my team. Either missing multiple games, players rushed back just to reinjure, or other players taking their job because they got injured. Johnson, Connor, Thielen, Cooks, Ryan, Engram. My team looked stacked even mid season but it’s been brutal watching players get literally 0-2 points each week, for one reason or another.

My Rank is a true f--- head saying that is acceptable. Pouncey deserves his chance at Garrett. If I could I’d get Pouncy on my team. One hundred percent. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

My Rank is a true f--- head saying that is acceptable. Pouncey deserves his chance at Garrett. If I could I’d get Pouncy on my team. One hundred percent. 

Pouncey and most o lineman would destroy Garrett no question.

Chubb value tanked. Steelers d with near misses all game. just a horrible night 

21 hours ago, kball09 said:

Play fantasy baseball sometime bro. It's like running a marathon and then coming back to a 5k when football season starts. I would literally pre-plan two-week breaks into my fantasy baseball season where I would set my lineups and ignore, just to keep my sanity.

In regards to football fatigue, I'm there with you. Honestly, I always say I'm not gonna play next year etc. What I need to do instead is not care as much next year. I think I get more burnout from forums like this one than the actual leagues.

More than likely, these forums are fun to me.  Makes the ffb a bit more interesting.  It is time consuming.  If my IT department was to take tabs on how much time I spent on this site....I'd probably be asked about it...especially early on in the season.  

3 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

More than likely, these forums are fun to me.  Makes the ffb a bit more interesting.  It is time consuming.  If my IT department was to take tabs on how much time I spent on this site....I'd probably be asked about it...especially early on in the season.  

You wouldn't be the only one lol

I'm going to go ahead and do it. I have scratched and clawed my way to a decent roster though the fact remains that only one player I drafted lingers on my team today. Why might you ask?

The Fantasy F***ing Footballers. Entertaining, sure.... But don't let their hype trains invade your draft strategy.  They gassed me up on Kerryon "my wayward son!", David "the slow burn" Montgomery, "Orange Juice" Howard, "The sh*tty Baker" Mayfield, and probably a few others.  They have goofy millennial hair cuts and their show consists of 70% doofus humor, 20% hype, with only a mere 10% being info that actually helps your team.  I almost feel like their entire reason for having a show was to throw off their league mates but somehow went viral and now they find themselves doing it for a living.  That all being said, I do watch them everyday but ONLY because my work is boring as f*** and my life is a mess.  

My point... Go with your gut on draft day and not what middle aged men with silly millennial hair cuts preach on youtube, even and especially if the players they are preaching are accompanied with any sort of jingle that remotely resembles their name.  Good day. 

Edited by mikeflavaz

5 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

I'm going to go ahead and do it. I have scratched and clawed my way to a decent roster though the fact remains that only one player I drafted lingers on my team today. Why might you ask?

The Fantasy F***ing Footballers. Entertaining, sure.... But don't let their hype trains invade your draft strategy.  They gassed me up on Kerryon "my wayward son!", David "the slow burn" Montgomery, "Orange Juice" Howard, "The s---y Baker" Mayfield, and probably a few others.  They have goofy millennial hair cuts and their show consists of 70% doofus humor, 20% hype, with only a mere 10% being info that actually helps your team.  I almost feel like their entire reason for having a show was to throw off their league mates but somehow went viral and now they find themselves doing it for a living.  That all being said, I do watch them everyday but ONLY because my work is boring as f*** and my life is a mess.  

My point... Go with your gut on draft day and not what middle aged men with silly millennial hair cuts preach on youtube, even and especially if the players they are preaching are accompanied with any sort of jingle that remotely resembles their name.  Good day. 

I could have told you not to do any of this. Other fantasy podcasts exist.

23 minutes ago, mikeflavaz said:

The Fantasy F***ing Footballers. Entertaining, sure.... But don't let their hype trains invade your draft strategy.  They gassed me up on Kerryon "my wayward son!", David "the slow burn" Montgomery, "Orange Juice" Howard, "The sh*tty Baker" Mayfield, and probably a few others.  They have goofy millennial hair cuts and their show consists of 70% doofus humor, 20% hype, with only a mere 10% being info that actually helps your team.  I almost feel like their entire reason for having a show was to throw off their league mates but somehow went viral and now they find themselves doing it for a living.  That all being said, I do watch them everyday but ONLY because my work is boring as f*** and my life is a mess.  

It's honestly really not unlike this board, and how I learned to approach things. Take in what's written (or spoken in the case of the show), and make my own decision based on what's presented. Found this board first and def bought into some hype trains and paid the price, so when someone introduced me to the podcast a few years later, I already knew to take things with a grain of salt and not take them as gospel. With that said, I do like it, I never thought I'd listen to a FF podcast regularly, don't think I would listen to a show that was all dry statistics and strategy and no humor. 

Edited by JCDaly

My matchups looked really bad this week, I didn't expect to win. But it's really frustrating when you keep checking the score and his keeps climbing while yours stands absolutely still. Come on, somebody do SOMETHING. Like hey Buffalo, your best player is probably Singletary USE HIM YOU MORONS.

• Like 1

My team this year

Big Ben

James Conner

Kerryon Johnson

Tevin Coleman

Davante Adams

Starting lineup this week

Kyle Allen

James Conner

Ty Johnson

Chris Godwin

PIT DST

6 minutes ago, bomont said:

My matchups looked really bad this week, I didn't expect to win. But it's really frustrating when you keep checking the score and his keeps climbing while yours stands absolutely still. Come on, somebody do SOMETHING. Like hey Buffalo, your best player is probably Singletary USE HIM YOU MORONS.

After last week, I've sworn to not get pissed off anymore. No matter what anyone says, we have very little control over the outcome of h2h games. 

• Like 1

? We have no control over the outcome of any games, duh. That still doesn't make it frustrating as hell.

• Haha 1

Benched Baltimore Defense for Oakland and that will probably cost me my game unless oakland can match what Baltimore is doing. Grrr. Who would have thought the Texans would be getting shut out. 

Golladay and Scary Terry are basically unstartable for ROS. Unbelievable. Just in time for the playoffs!! I F'ING HATE FANTASY SO MUCH

• Like 1