Nap Time

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

All week long had Jamison Crowder sitting the lineup at WR-2 slot and Devante Parker chilling at Flex. That is, until...

Until this morning, while in my car, driving on my way to my great aunt's funeral (Aunt Lakey, she was 96, had a good, long life), at 11:45 am cst this morning - 5 minutes before lineups lock, without any previous intentions of doing so, I suddenly decide to pull the car over, reach into the back seat, whip out the old iPad, and frantically scramble to swap out Crowder and Parker from the lineup, in favor of making it Curtis Samuel and Dede Westbrook in there instead. At first, I thought I was too late, only to be relieved when it successfully processed the double swap in the nick of time.

I'd have been better off had I -- instead of making said lineup swap in order to relieve myself when I stopped to pull over real quick before my great aunt's funeral -- simply decided to snap one off, using a cheese grater as my jerk-off mechanism device to relieve myself, when I stopped to pull over real quick before my great aunt's funeral.

• Haha 3

Picked up Sanu this morning to play over Parker. Must win week. Will lose by single digits.

f this game. And my injury riddled team.

made 3 key decisions this week

Carr over Kyler

Mostert over Guice

Auden Tate over Cobb

Its incredible I couldn't get one right.  Not one.

Had to start the turnover machine Winston because Wilson is on bye. I dropped Darnold a few weeks ago thinking Winston would make a better backup. 
Golladay, Coleman, Fournette did nothing so my 7 game winning streak is sure to end this week barring both Mahomes and Tyreek exiting tomorrow night's game very early with injuries. 

Cooper Kupp being about an inch shy of a 50 + yd TD, that was initially called a TD on the field, before correctly being overturned.....

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Needed it. Had to have it.

So again, as I was saying....

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

It’s halftime but down 10 points against my opponent.  I have Kupp left, my temp replacement for Hooper Everett and T hill.... he has the rams defense and Greg the leg.....  it’s awesome that the rams only threw 6 passes... and that the only freaking pass thrown Kupps way resulted in a fumble that took points off him.  Is Gerald Everett even freaking playing ??? And thank you Eddie Pinero for not being able to do your job and kick the ball through the up rights !!!??? Jesus 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, smash10033 said:

It’s halftime but down 10 points against my opponent.  I have Kupp left, my temp replacement for Hooper Everett and T hill.... he has the rams defense and Greg the leg.....  it’s awesome that the rams only threw 6 passes... and that the only freaking pass thrown Kupps way resulted in a fumble that took points off him.  Is Gerald Everett even freaking playing ??? And thank you Eddie Pinero for not being able to do your job and kick the ball through the up rights !!!??? Jesus 

Whoa, dude, that's scary crazy.  Cause - no joke, swear to god on my life - I, too, am trailing to my opponent and I, too, have Cooper Kupp going for me....and I, too, have Gerald Everett as my tight end injury replacement specifically for - you guessed it - Austin Hooper....and I, too, am facing an opponent who has the Rams Dst going right now, and I, too, have been screaming to myself - IS GERALD EVERETT EVEN IN ATTENDANCE AT TONIGHT'S GAME!?  WHERE, THE F**K IS HE?!?  How about a confirmation that he has a ticket for the ball game, and perhaps even decided to use his ticket and show up, let alone get a single goddamn target, let alone a single flippin' reception, let alone gaining AH single f**kin' goddamn yard!?!?  Something? ANYTHING? I mean Christ!!.....and I, too, have also been screaming at the pathetic Chicago Bears offense and their pathetic, loser, idiot, awful kicker for not being able to points on the board even after being gifted the world's best field position on a silver f**king platter - not once, but twice - right off the bat to start this godforsaken ballgame, after the Rams turned it over on their opening drive and then once again immediately thereafter on their second possession.

So, exact samsies on the sh*t-show travesty.

• Like 2

Week 1: 6.0 Vance

Week 2: 22.8 Vance

Week 3: 2.0 Vance

Week 4: 2.5 Olsen

Week 5: 7.1 Graham

Week 6: 9.2 Olsen

Week 7: 6.2  Hockenson

Week 8: 5.0 Graham

Week 9: 7.0 Olsen 

Week 10: 3.8 Gesicki

Week 11: 3.0 Everett

Update on my PPR TEs production. It doesn't make sense how I am so bad at streaming them. Total of 74.6. 6.8 PPG or TE32 on the season. The same as playing Irv Smith all year. Literally the week I drop Olsen he blows up

Edited by Itachi_is_the_goat

Full PPR

Watson: 3 points

Montgomery.: 6 points

Lindsay: 9 points

Kupp: 8 points

ARob: 5 points

Golladay: 4 points

McLaurin: 9 points

Still have Hunter Henry left, but who cares. Easily my worst week of all time. 

• Haha 2

I'll add to the Everett frustration here.  Last week Goeff loved him, this week he was like the plague. 

14 minutes ago, Buddha said:

I'll add to the Everett frustration here.  Last week Goeff loved him, this week he was like the plague. 

To be fair, Goff threw the ball like 18 times. 

When I traded for ARob 3 weeks ago he'd played in 20 full games with the Bears. He'd reached 7 targets in 17 out of 20 of those games. He's failed to reach 7 targets in 2 of the 3 games he's played since I acquired him. You can't make this stuff up. 

I've had bad luck with kickers for the most part this season, doesn't matter who I put in it seems to never work out. I dropped Maher and picked up Fairbarn this week expecting a shootout between Houston and B-More and I get a big fat 0. I'm down 12.1 points going into tomorrow w/ only Hunter Henry left while my opponent is done.

Must-win week, I'm currently in 4th and playing the team in 5th. This kicker position has pretty much plagued me all season aside from a few weeks where I had Prater but I had to drop him when Stafford went down. No matter what I seem to do, I almost always lose the kicker position. A bunch of teams in my league have up 2 to 3 kickers on their roster. I guess I have to pick up Justin Tucker in Round 12 next season but such a worthless position shouldn't kill me every week, not to mention the opposing kicker I tend to face lights me up weekly.

I'm going to be bitter if I lose this pivotal match-up due to the one position I just can't get in right. SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Don Andres

2 hours ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

Cooper Kupp being about an inch shy of a 50 + yd TD, that was initially called a TD on the field, before correctly being overturned.....

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Needed it. Had to have it.

So again, as I was saying....

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

lost because of that. 10 pt swing for me. I had goff going against gurley. (tied going into night, my goff and david montygomery get outscored by gurley. whats even worse is suffering through that sh*tshow of a game to watch it happen)

7 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

lost because of that. 10 pt swing for me. I had goff going against gurley. (tied going into night, my goff and david montygomery get outscored by gurley. whats even worse is suffering through that sh*tshow of a game to watch it happen)

I thought I learned my lesson years ago.   Go to BED when I have fantasy players relying on a Sunday or Monday night game.     I had so much riding on that game.   I simply needed Kupp to be half decent.... and Everett to show up.    My opponent had a 10 point lead and had the Rams D and Greg Z going.   I had  Kupp,  Everett and T Hill to go....    I needed this win to get into the playoffs... play our number 1 team next week.   With a bunch of my players on a bye... not looking like I will sniff a win.   

Ughh

Lost Will Dissly and then Austin Hooper to injury, so had to choose between OJ Howard, Kyle Rudolph, and Ross Dwelley for a replacement this week. Guess who I chose!

• Like 1

My team is like those AT&T commercials: just ok.

I'm not getting blown out or anything. My team does decent but I just keep losing. 5th week in a row I've lost now.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, shakestreet said:

One of these Sunday’s that I am ready to shut the TV off.and say fu@k football 

It was ruining my day and attitude too so I flipped over to Home Alone 2 and was quickly reminded there are much more important things in life,like family and laughter.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ajs723 said:

When I traded for ARob 3 weeks ago he'd played in 20 full games with the Bears. He'd reached 7 targets in 17 out of 20 of those games. He's failed to reach 7 targets in 2 of the 3 games he's played since I acquired him. You can't make this stuff up. 

We traded for him at the same time lmao. It hurts. I traded away Keenan Allen for Robinson and Tate (3 Wr and a flex league, I needed to fill out my roster) and since then A Rob is all of the sudden trash. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

We traded for him at the same time lmao. It hurts. I traded away Keenan Allen for Robinson and Tate (3 Wr and a flex league, I needed to fill out my roster) and since then A Rob is all of the sudden trash. 

Dynasty league. I gave up a late 2020 2nd and a 2021 1st. Thought it was a steal considering how steady ARob's production had been over a large sample. Apparently, we killed his career dude. 

• Haha 1

On 11/17/2019 at 9:46 PM, smash10033 said:

I have a feeling that you lost? Lol

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

I have a feeling that you lost? Lol

HAHAHAH....lost all around !    With Hill, Kupp,  Hooper,  Winston being a garbage fire..... I am quickly dropping down the rankings.